Most used music apps in the world: There are many music apps available for both iOS and Android devices that allow users to stream, download, and organize their favorite music. Some popular music apps in the world currently will be listed and properly explained in this article.
Recommended: How To Deal With/Handle Anger In Your Relationship
Top 10 Most Popular/Used Music Apps In The World
1. Spotify: Spotify is a popular audio streaming platform that allows users to access millions of songs, podcasts, and other types of audio content. It was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2006 and launched internationally in 2008.
The platform offers both free and premium subscription options, with the free option supported by ads. The premium subscription provides additional features such as ad-free listening, offline playback, and higher quality audio.
Spotify’s library includes music from a variety of genres and languages, as well as podcasts on various topics ranging from news and politics to comedy and pop culture. Users can create their own playlists, follow other users’ playlists, and share music with friends on social media.
Spotify uses a recommendation system that suggests new songs and playlists based on a user’s listening history, as well as a collaborative playlist feature that allows multiple users to add and edit songs in a shared playlist. The platform also offers a range of tools for artists to promote their music and connect with fans.
With over 356 million active users, Spotify is the most popular music streaming app in the world. It offers a vast library of music and podcasts, personalized playlists, and a user-friendly interface.
2. Apple Music: Apple Music is another popular music streaming service with over 82 million subscribers. It offers a vast collection of music and exclusive content for Apple users, and is developed by Apple Inc.
It was launched in June 2015 and is available on iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Android devices. The service offers access to a vast library of songs and albums from various genres, including pop, hip-hop, rock, classical, and more. Users can also create and curate their playlists, listen to radio stations, and access exclusive content such as original shows and documentaries.
It offers a free trial period of three months for new users. After that, users can choose to subscribe to the service on a monthly or annual basis. The service also offers a family plan, which allows up to six family members to access the service at a discounted price.
In addition to its streaming service, Apple Music also features the Connect platform, which allows artists to share their content, interact with fans, and offer exclusive releases and content.
Also read: Hardest Questions In The World: Top 7 Toughest Life Questions
3. YouTube Music: YouTube Music is a music streaming service developed by Google, which allows users to stream and listen to millions of songs and music videos. It offers a wide variety of music genres, including pop, rock, hip-hop, electronic, and more.
It has over 50 million tracks, a personalized playlist, and is free with ads. YouTube Music offers two subscription options: a free, ad-supported version and a paid, ad-free version called YouTube Music Premium. With the premium version, users can download songs and videos for offline listening, enjoy background play, and access exclusive content.
YouTube Music also provides personalized music recommendations and playlists based on a user’s listening history and preferences. Additionally, users can search for specific songs, albums, and artists, as well as create their own playlists and libraries.
YouTube Music is available on both iOS and Android devices, as well as desktop and smart speakers. It is also integrated with Google Assistant, allowing users to control music playback with voice commands.
4. Amazon Music: Amazon Music offers a vast collection of songs, albums, and playlists, including exclusive content for Amazon Prime members. It has a lot of users, numbering over 50 million.
It offers a wide selection of songs, albums, and playlists for users to stream and download. The service is available to Amazon Prime members as well as non-Prime members through a monthly subscription fee. Amazon Music offers various features such as offline playback, ad-free streaming, and high-quality audio options.
Users can access Amazon Music on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers. Additionally, Amazon Music offers exclusive content such as original songs and playlists created by popular artists.
See also: How To Improve Your Handwriting: 12 EffectiveTips
5. Tencent Music: Tencent Music is a Chinese music streaming service that has over 200 million active users. It offers a wide range of music genres, karaoke, and live streaming services.
Tencent Music Entertainment Group (TME) is a Chinese company that operates a variety of music streaming platforms, including QQ Music, Kugou Music, and Kuwo Music. TME was formed in 2016 as a result of a merger between Tencent Music and China Music Corporation.
TME is one of the largest music streaming services in the world, with over 600 million monthly active users as of 2021. It offers a wide range of content, including music, live performances, music videos, and social features that allow users to interact with each other and with their favorite artists.
TME has also expanded into other areas of the entertainment industry, including music production, artist management, and live events. In addition, the company has partnerships with major record labels and music publishers to license their content for distribution on its platforms.
6. Gaana: Gaana is an Indian music streaming app with over 185 million users. It offers a vast collection of Bollywood, regional, and international music. It was launched in 2010 and has since become one of the most widely used music streaming platforms in the country, with a user base of over 150 million. Gaana allows users to stream and download a vast collection of Indian and international music, including Bollywood songs, regional music, and songs in various languages.
The platform offers both free and paid subscription plans, with the paid plans providing additional features such as ad-free streaming, high-quality audio, and the ability to download songs for offline listening. Gaana also offers curated playlists, radio stations, and podcasts, as well as a social feature that allows users to share their playlists and connect with other music lovers.
Gaana is available on both web and mobile platforms, with apps for Android and iOS devices. It is owned by the Times Internet, a subsidiary of the Times Group, which is one of the largest media conglomerates in India.
Recommended: Countries With The Best Government In The World 2023: Top 12 Most Performing
7. JioSaavn: JioSaavn is another Indian music streaming app that has over 100 million users. It offers a wide range of Indian and international music, radio stations, and personalized playlists.
JioSaavn is a music streaming platform that offers a vast collection of Indian and international music to its users. It was founded in 2007 as Saavn and merged with JioMusic in 2018 to become JioSaavn. The platform has a library of over 55 million songs, including Bollywood, regional, and international music.
JioSaavn is available on both desktop and mobile devices and offers free and paid subscription options. The free version allows users to listen to ad-supported music with limited features, while the paid subscription provides ad-free and unlimited access to the entire music library, high-quality audio streaming, and offline downloads.
JioSaavn also offers various features such as personalized playlists, radio stations, curated playlists, podcasts, and live radio. The platform also has social features that allow users to share their music preferences with friends and followers, create and share playlists, and follow other users.
8. Deezer: Deezer is a popular French music streaming service with over 10 million users. It offers a vast collection of songs, podcasts, and live radio stations.
Deezer is a music streaming service that allows users to listen to music online and offline, discover new music, create playlists, and share music with friends. The service was launched in France in 2007 and has since expanded to over 180 countries, with a catalog of over 73 million tracks.
Deezer offers both a free and paid subscription model. The free version allows users to listen to music with occasional ads, while the paid version, called Deezer Premium, provides an ad-free experience, high-quality audio, and additional features such as offline listening and personalized recommendations.
Deezer also offers a variety of other features, including the ability to create radio stations based on a particular artist or song, access to podcasts, and integration with smart speakers and other connected devices. Additionally, Deezer has partnerships with various record labels, artists, and festivals, providing exclusive content and access to live performances.
Also read: Meaning and Problems of Trade by Barter
9. Pandora: Pandora is a US-based music streaming app that has over 63 million active users. It offers personalized radio stations based on user preferences. Pandora is a music streaming and automated music recommendation service that was launched in 2005. It is a popular service that allows users to create personalized radio stations based on their favorite artists or songs.
When a user creates a station on Pandora, the service uses a proprietary algorithm to analyze the characteristics of the selected music, such as tempo, instrumentation, and vocal style, to create a playlist of similar songs. As the user listens to the playlist and provides feedback by giving thumbs up or thumbs down ratings for each song, the algorithm adjusts the playlist to better match the user’s preferences.
Pandora is available as a web-based service, as well as through mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. In addition to its free ad-supported service, Pandora also offers a premium subscription service called Pandora Plus, which provides additional features such as ad-free listening and the ability to skip more songs per hour, and Pandora Premium, which offers on-demand access to a vast library of songs and albums.
10. SoundCloud: SoundCloud is a music streaming service that allows independent artists to upload and share their music. It has over 175 million monthly users and a vast collection of music from emerging artists.
SoundCloud is a music streaming and sharing platform that was founded in 2007 by Alexander Ljung and Eric Wahlforss in Berlin, Germany. The platform allows users to upload, promote, and share their own music as well as discover and listen to music from other artists.
One of the unique features of SoundCloud is that it allows for social interactions between artists and listeners. Users can follow their favorite artists, comment on their tracks, and share their music with their own followers. This has made SoundCloud a popular platform for independent artists to share their music and build a fan base.
SoundCloud offers both a free and a paid version of its platform. The free version allows users to upload up to three hours of music, while the paid version, called SoundCloud Pro, allows for unlimited uploads and additional features such as the ability to schedule releases. In addition to music, SoundCloud also features spoken-word content such as podcasts and interviews, making it a versatile platform for audio content.
These are just a few examples of the many music apps available for mobile devices. Users should research and compare different apps to find the one that best suits their needs and preferences.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.