This is to officially inform the general public that the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has finally commence her 2020/2021 post graduate application. In other words, UNN 2020/2021 post graduate form is out for interested applicants to apply. This notice was disseminated via the university’s official website (unn.edu.ng) on the 13 of March 2020.
In light of the above information, candidates who wish to apply for UNN post graduate or PG form are advised to do that online as soon as possible. If you are really interested on Appling for this form, I enjoin you read every single information contained in this post and apply for it as soon as possible because, the deadline is not too far from now.
MUST READ: Best time to read and understand effectively
Is UNN PG form for 2020 out?
If you are still not sure whether UNN post graduate form for 2020/2021 is out, please note that the form is truly out and the deadline for application is also very close. In fact, the university made it known some time (on the university’s website) that interested persons can now apply for the form online.
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to apply for UNN post graduate admission. In this short post I will disclose everything you need to know about UNN 2020/2021 PG application and online registration for the examination
How much is UNN post graduate form?
The price for UNN post graduate form for 2020 is N26,700 (Twenty six thousand naira only). This money is equivalent to 66.22 dollars for international candidates. It must be paid either through Remita or direct credit card transaction in the name of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
General Requirements for UNN Post Graduate Admission
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must have obtained 5 credits at not more than two sittings in WASC or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including English Language. Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
- For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need apply.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may qualify for Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized universities who have obtained a degree of bachelor with at least a third class honours. For Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration, candidates with at least third class honours degree in Arts, the Social Sciences, Law, Business Administration or Education. Candidates from disciplines not mentioned above should in addition, possess a minimum of three years cognate post-qualification experience in administrative/managerial positions.
- For PGD in Business Administration, the 3rd Class Honours must be from Business Administration.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a 3.50 Grade Point Average on a five-point scale or its equivalent may be admitted.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration, candidates who hold other professional qualifications such as Associate Institute of Bankers, Associate Certified Chartered Accountants, Associate Cost and Management Accountants, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Chartered Professional Accountants, Associate Chartered Institute of Accountants, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria etc. have added advantage for admission.
- Candidates with professional qualifications, including HND, should have obtained pre-professional qualifications, including 5 credits in WASC or GCE O/L or NECO to satisfy the basic University entry requirement, for admission for degree courses into respective departments.
- In addition to (i) or (ii) above, in special cases, candidates may be admitted after passing such tests as may be prescribed by the Department/Faculty.
- Candidates who hold other qualifications considered equivalent to the above and acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University may be admitted.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
The following shall qualify for Master’s Degree admission:
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized universities who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines with at least a second class honours with not less than 2.50 GPA;
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria or any other recognized university with at least credit level passes with a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale;
- Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have average score of 50% or above;
- For M.Ed. degree programmes, candidates with at least a good second class single honours degree in teaching subjects plus at least a merit level pass at Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or those who hold a third class honours degree in teaching subjects plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education passed at credit level or above;
- For MPA degree programme, candidates should, in addition to (i) and (ii) above, be serving administrative/managerial staff in the Public or Private sector with a at least two years post-qualification cognate experience;
- Holders of professional Fellowship qualifications such a FIMLT, FNILT, NIPR, or their equivalents obtained through examination. However, candidates with the professional certificates listed above must have worked as Senior Technologist(s) or in equivalent position(s) for at least three years;
- For MD degree Programme in the Department of Medicine: Possession of the Fellowship in Medicine from the National Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent, or At least an M.Sc. degree in the relevant discipline in which research work predominates, from a recognized university after obtaining the MBBS or its equivalent.
- The Master’s degree must be with a GPA of at least 3.50 on 5-point scale or 3.00 on 4-point scale in the relevant medical science.
- For M.Sc. degree programme in the Department of Medicine applicant must hold a degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBBCh) from the University Nigeria or any other recognized University.
- For MPH degree programme, candidates should in addition to (i) above, have at least three years relevant post qualification experience or at least a Second Class Honours degree in Nursing Sciences, Sociology and Social Work, Psychology, Medical Mircobiology, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Health Education, Pharmacy, DVM, MBBS and BDS. For MPH Degree Programme, the Department will screen the candidates further and base their recommendation on such screening result.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than those listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University of Nigeria.
DOCTORATE DEGREE (Ph.D.) PROGRAMME
- Candidates from the University of Nigeria or from other recognized Universities who have obtained Master’s degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission. Specifically:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in all Departments except those departments listed in C(ii) below:
- A minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programmes in the following Departments/Faculties: Music, Economics, Public Administration and Local Government, Psychology and Faculties of Education, Medical Sciences, Health Sciences and Technology and Business Administration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or a B (60%) at Master’s degree average provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the Master’s Degree programme.
MASTER’S/Ph.D. DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with first class honours from a recognized University may be admitted into a Master’s/Ph.D. programme in his/her discipline.
- A candidate with Master’s degree from a recognized University with at least a GPA of 3.50 on 5-point scale or 3.00 on 4-point scale who wishes to do Ph.D degree in a related area/ department shall qualify for the Master’s/Ph.D. Any candidate who is not qualified for Ph.D admission on account of low GPA is still not qualified for admission into Master’s/Ph.D. programme.
- For Faculties and Departments where the possession of Master’s degree with 4.00 points GPA and above is the condition for Ph.D admission, applicants with Master’s degree GPA of 3.50 and above, but not up to 4.00 may apply for Master’s/Ph.D admission.
- On completion of Master’s degree coursework specified by the Department, the candidate shall be qualified for a firm Ph.D registration if he or she attains the GPA of 4.00 in the Master’s courses.
SANDWICH POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- M.Ed. Sandwich programmes of the Faculty of Education in the following Departments: Adult Education; Arts Education;
- Science Education; Health & Physical Education (Health Education, Physical Education & Recreation options);
- Social Science Education; and
Vocational Teacher Education.
How to apply for UNN post graduate form
Kindly follow the instructions below to apply for UNN 2020/2021 PG admission:
Step 1. Visit UNN’s official website using the link below: www.unn.edu.ng.
Step 2. On the menu at the top, kindly click on UNN Portal
Step 3. When you click that, you will see a page like the one in the screenshot above. Scroll down and click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
Step 4. Use your active phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
Step 5. Now, proceed to any commercial bank in Nigeria to make your payment through Remita platform.
Step 6. Collect your payment confirmation pin from bank after payment.
Step 7. Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
When completing the application form, the candidates shall supply the email addresses of their referees through which a link will be sent to the Referees with request to complete the Report Form in respect of the candidate and submit online.
The candidate shall download the three (3) completed Referee Report Forms and enclose them in an envelop for submission to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies along with their online application forms. Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Candidate should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than 30th, June, 2019.
Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School shall not have their application forms processed.
Duration of UNN Postgraduate Programme
- Postgraduate Diploma (Regular) – Two semesters
- Postgraduate Diploma (Sandwich) – Three Long Vacations
Master’s degree (Regular):
A minimum of 3 semesters for full-time and 5 semesters for part-time in all Departments/Faculties except for the Departments/Faculties listed below:
A minimum of 4 semesters for Full-time and 6 semesters for part-time for the following Departments/Faculties: Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration and Local Government (PALG), Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Education and Business Administration.
M.Ed. (Sandwich) – three long vacations.
Ph.D. degree Programme –A minimum of six semester for full time and eight semesters for part time in all Faculties except Agriculture which is has minimum of four semesters for full time and six semesters for part time. Ph.D. programme is not run as a Sandwich programme.
Candidates are expected to complete their programmes at the minimum duration, but not to exceed the maximum duration (See Postgraduate Regulations).
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
- All applicants will undergo computer based postgraduate admission screening.
- Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website www.unn.edu.ng from, 1st July, 2020, for your further necessary action.
- Date for the Postgraduate Admission Screening: 17th and 18th July, 2020.
NOTE: For Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have published at least an article from his/her Ph.D thesis in a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.
- Plagiarism test shall be run on Master’s Project Report and Ph.D Thesis before they can be approved.
Deadline for UNN Post Graduate application
The management of the university has stated that while application starts from Monday, 9th March, 2020, the deadline for all online application is on Wednesday, 22nd April, 2020.
Okay! This is all I have to say concerning UNN post graduate form for 2020/2021. Meanwhile, if you have any question or contribution to make concerning this topic, kindly use the comment section. Also share this information to all UNN aspirant you know to also inform them that the long awaited UNN PG form for 2020 is out!