How to Earn Money as a Programmer: How do I earn money as a programmer? A question that was born on your last payday and you realized that your salary is not what you expected, that it does not meet your expectations and that, in addition, the relationship between your work and your salary is not fair, because you feel that you work more than what you want.
You didn’t spend so many years training professionally, you didn’t spend nights stressing over exams or battling code bugs to earn a disappointing salary for 40 (or even more) hours a week. You think the pressure is not worth it. You are desperate from Monday to Sunday because suddenly all the projects are due yesterday and problem after problem arises that you must solve creatively because suddenly the world depends on you. So…How do you earn more money being a programmer?
There are different methods to earn more as a programmer. The offer of hacks to generate more income is very varied, but perhaps not all of them will click with you. Let’s see how you can increase your wealth by working in programming. Below are ways to earn money as a programmer. Let’s go:
Recommended: Best Ways to Make Life Easier
How To Earn Money As A Programmer
1. Make Yourself Known: Sometimes companies or individuals may need a programmer for their projects.
If you create an attractive website that appears in Internet search engines, through paid advertising or Internet search engine optimization, clients will be able to contact you to discuss projects.
2. Bid on projects: Some sites, like guru.com or scriptLance.com, act as intermediaries between freelance programmers and clients. The client will need to submit a job description and qualified programmers will prepare a bid, including how long it will take to complete the project and how much it will cost.
After comparing offers and quality of work, the client selects a programmer. After finishing the project, the client rates you, which helps your website’s reputation and thus attracts more clients.
3. Work for projects: Some companies hire freelance programmers using a near-permanent database of these workers. You can work on site with the company, earning a fixed salary, but the project usually lasts for a short time.
This offers the security of constant money for the life of the project, but you also have the freedom to work elsewhere when it is finished.
See Also: Major Sources of Local Government Revenue
4. Sell your shows: Create your own software program and then sell it to get your reward. The advantage of this method is that you do the work once, but still earn money from the work both at the moment and in the future.
Consider writing practice-oriented software, such as budgeting and estimating, organizing software, games, or iPhone apps.
5. Create and offer free programs: Selling software is not the only way to earn money through your programs. You can also create free software programs to make them know you.
To make money doing this, you need to offer a premium version of the software that includes more features.
Alternatively, you can charge people to handle support issues.
6. Manage projects and rely on subcontracted personnel: You don’t have to do all the programming work yourself. If you have a knack for getting projects, you can outsource the work of other programmers for less money, review their work, then charge the client directly.
This business model allows you to take on several clients at the same time, boosting money earnings as your business grows. Finally, you must attend to additional aspects to be successful in earning money online with your programming knowledge.
This requires organization and some business savvy, and there are several business models to choose from. Whichever option you choose, the important thing is to be ready for opportunities with excellent training that gives you the skills you need to succeed.
You can get started at sites like Next U today, whether it’s learning web programming or mobile app programming.
See Also: How To Choose The Best School For Your Child
7. Write Blog Posts About Coding: If you enjoy writing and enjoy using writing as a means of communicating, you can use that skill by writing blog posts about coding-related topics. It’s one more method for splitting away from standard as a software engineer.
Even though making money from your blog can take a long time, it’s worth trying, especially if you love writing. Writing about coding can not only lead to direct income, but it can also open opportunities for online collaboration with other programmers.
However, writing articles about coding online does not necessitate owning a blog. A few existing publishers will pay you for adding to their blog. You can contact a few of them online once you have improved your technical writing skills and your ability to write in a way that simplifies difficult subjects.
8. Sell Language-Specific Ebooks: Don’t wait for someone to tell you to put an ebook up fo sale if you are a pro in a particular programming language.
Many people in the field would buy such book, both newcomers and those who are professionals. Use digital marketing to get to your audience via social media. Bookfinder, Amazon, eBay are good places to sell your books.
A higher difference between ebooks and it’s solid counterparts is that ebooks have a potential to reach a wider audience.
9. Apply directly to programming vacancies abroad: One of the best ways to earn more money being a programmer is precisely not working in your country of origin but in tech companies that provide you with good salary conditions and flexibility, even though they are abroad.
Amazon Jobs, Facebook Careers, are just some of the portals where you will find vacancies available to apply as a programmer. Some offer you remote positions while others require you to go to the USA. The good thing about applying as a programmer to foreign companies is that there is a huge demand.
I mean, work abounds. But of course, it is not that you have everything served on a golden platter. The competition is brutal, since like you there are many people from Africa, Latin America or other countries applying. Therefore, you need to prepare yourself not only in code, but also to face the selection processes that are very rigorous and different from those of your country of origin.
See Also: Richest Doctors In The World and their Networth
In addition to working on your soft-skills, which are one of the factors most valued by recruiters from technology companies abroad, double your salary working as a programmer in the best tech companies in the world by working for those big names abroad.
You can apply to Talently to learn programming. The annual salary for graduates of a program that prepares you to be relocated to the best possible programming job is $45,000 per year. Sometimes you get offer of a 1-1 mentoring and to better navigate your selection processes, prepare you for code tests and practical sessions to improve your English in diverse and different work environments.
They connect you with companies actively hiring for remote positions or relocations. Apply to Talently and earn more money being a programmer. Programming is not for everyone, but it can be very profitable for those who decide to enter the world of programming.
Most of us know that programmers have a good salary because many big companies need our knowledge and skills. If you enjoyed this article share it and do well to read more of us. Bye.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.