How to know you have high self-esteem: Self-esteem encompasses a wide range of concepts, including self-worth, self-regard, self-respect, and self-integrity. Self-esteem is a person’s subjective assessment of their value. To put it another way, it’s your view of yourself. Self-esteem refers to one’s self-perception as well as emotional states including victory, despair, pride, and humiliation. Self-esteem influences not just our thoughts, but also our feelings and behaviours. It has far-reaching consequences for our happiness and also has a significant impact on events in our lives, such as our relationships, job and aspirations.
Self-esteem is a spectrum that ranges from poor to high. A person with high self-esteem thinks highly of oneself, whereas someone with low self-esteem thinks the reverse. Having high self-esteem implies having greater confidence, which improves your life and wellbeing. This would be because it helps you to have a unique view of yourself and your situation. You’ll be able to look at your issues with a positive outlook. It is always preferable to have strong self-esteem if you want to be successful in life. The very first step towards increasing your self-esteem is to recognize the signs of high self-esteem.
There are various signs of self-esteem and I’ll discuss some to assist you to become more aware of where you are right now and when others around you display this attribute.
RECOMMENDED: Causes, Effects and Solutions to low Self-esteem
How to know you have high self-esteem
1. You are a leader with a Clear Vision: Leaders are those who have a high sense of self-worth. They have a vision for their future and forge their way through life. They make their own decisions and have faith in their judgment. they do not feel bad if people do not agree with what they desire to accomplish in life. They refuse to be led and prefer to forge their way in life.
If you believe you’re meant to be led rather than being the leader, that’s a sign of low self-esteem. create a clear picture of what you desire in each aspect of your life in your thoughts. once you have that foresight, you’ll realize there are more resources at your disposal, to achieve your dreams.
2. You are guided by Strong Principles: People who have high self-esteem are associated with a set of core beliefs and ideals. Honesty, trustworthiness, integrity, openness, transparency, and providing value to others are some of these principles. Regardless of people’s beliefs, these principles and ideals are carefully adhered to. They serve as a guide for their lives. They think in and operate on those beliefs and ideals, and they are prepared to defend them.
3. You are Goal-Oriented: People with high self-esteem are generally goal-oriented. They set short- and long-term goals and strive to achieve them. Their objectives are in line with their beliefs and ideals. When it comes to setting objectives, those who have high self-esteem aim high yet stay grounded. You will not reach your goals if they are unattainable and too difficult. And if you do this often enough, your self-esteem will suffer. Make sure your objectives are both reasonable and ambitious but not on the extreme.
People who have a high sense of self-worth have a strong desire to achieve something for themselves. They have a clear idea of what they want or need, and they work hard to obtain it.
People that have a high sense of self-worth are not lazy or procrastinators. Since they don’t get mired down in worries or complaints, they strive diligently and get tasks completed. They understand that the more they concentrate on completing tasks, the greater their self-esteem will be. People with low self-esteem are prone to procrastination. They squander time worrying about how much work they have to do instead of doing it.
4. You believe in yourself: People who have strong self-esteem regard themselves as important and deserving of respect. they are certain that others will enjoy spending time with them. They feel that they are on par with others, regardless of whether their financial and personal achievement is lower or higher. They concentrate on their strengths rather than their weaknesses and compare themselves to others.
They have faith in their judgment and also don’t feel bad if others do not agree with them. They don’t critique themselves and try to keep negative self-talk to a minimum. Focusing on your strengths is a fantastic way to enhance your self-esteem. What do you consider to be your strong suits? What do you excel at? Also, take note of your weakest areas. Set tiny goals and take action to address them. Your self-esteem will rise as your weaker spots improve.
Recommended: How to read faster and more efficiently
5. You are a problem solver: People with strong self-esteem understand that challenges are an unavoidable part of the path to achievement. Obstacles are dealt with by focusing on them as little as possible, yet just enough to overcome them. Their primary focus remains on the mission, goal, and driving beliefs and values.
They like fixing issues for themselves. People with strong self-esteem will figure out a solution to solve any issue, difficulty, or barrier. They are naturally confident in their abilities. They take measured chances, manage failure if it occurs, and seek assistance when needed. They’re also unafraid of being rejected. They don’t take rejection to heart because it’s a part of life. If you take rejection personally, you may be evading the chances that you’ll need to take to achieve progress in life and achieve success.
6. You take care of yourself: People with strong self-esteem know how to look for themselves on all levels: physically, psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually. They are emotionally robust, resilient, and capable of recognizing the function of negative emotions. Anger, remorse, or fear are not a threat to them. Instead, they investigate the causes of these feelings and then treat them.
They have a high level of self-love and self-respect, and they feel comfortable gazing in the mirror. Their internal dialogue is upbeat, inspiring, and invigorating. Positive self-talk can help you increase your self-esteem by motivating and energizing you. Keep in mind that you are who you believe you are and what you tell yourself. Your body will respond with increased energy, power, and drive if your thoughts and actions are good.
Recommended: Effective tip to improve your emotional intelligence
7. You are great with people: People with strong self-esteem, among other things, don’t attempt to satisfy everyone and avoid gossip. They can also distinguish between emotion and a message. When someone is furious or irritated with them, they might shield themselves from the emotion and concentrate on the message they are attempting to convey. They’re also attentive to the sentiments and wants of others. Accepting and revelling in flattery is not a problem for them. They are not scared to seek help when they are having difficulty with anything.
They have strong communication and persuasion abilities. When it comes to something essential, they will go to great lengths to persuade others to understand their point of view. They are the set of people that radiate energy in the world.
8. You are transparent: Individuals with high self are open, honest, and straightforward. They express the truth and welcome honesty without fear of impending judgment or causing harm to others. If they make a mistake, they are answerable, accept blame, and admit their mistakes. They are responsible for their words and actions.
They are also capable of laughing at themselves and seeing the humorous side of things. They don’t take themselves too seriously and maintain a humble demeanour.
9. You are flexible: People with strong self-esteem are adaptable and recognize when it’s time to try something new. They aren’t fixed in their ways and can easily adjust to new technologies and methods.
10. You live in the present: They understand that the past is history and that there is nothing they can do about it. They have an optimistic outlook on the future and are confident in their ability to make it a reality. They are unconcerned about the future and shun unpleasant “what if” scenarios. They devise a strategy and a plan to handle and resolve problems if they become aware of them.
They no longer believe that their future is determined by their history and will instead view the future as something they can control and affect right now. They’re aware of the distinction between the past and the present.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.