Money or Power, Which Is More Important/Better?: Money is a commodity that is acknowledged as a means of a trade by the general public. It is the means of exchange for prices and values; as money, it travels anonymously from person to person and nation to country, promoting commerce; and it is the primary measure of wealth.
The capacity to get what you desire is known as power. Because what you desire is frequently restricted by others, using power frequently entails changing or influencing what others think, believe, or do. It’s at the heart of a lot of mind-altering procedures. Money is nothing more than paper on its own. Money is just as valuable as the value people place on it. A million bucks today might not even buy you a sack of potatoes over a year. So, you may believe that you should invest, and you would be correct to some extent. But only because investment provides you with something money does not: power.
The beauty of power is that it doesn’t require money, to begin with. We also deal in time, which is probably more important than money. What we invest our time in — what we dedicate our lives to — is the only thing that can offer us power. The only thing that makes you matter, then, is power.
The distinction between living a life that will be remembered and living a life that will be forgotten is power. The explanation for this is straightforward: The ability to effect change is the finest definition of power. Change is a constant in life. Only a few persons are remembered.
Recommended: Money or Love, Which is More Important? Answered
Importance of money
1. Money gives you the ability to choose what you want to do with your life: Money is significant because it allows you to do anything you want, whenever you want, and anywhere you want. This is also referred to as “FU Money,” which indicates you’ve reached a stage where you can walk away from a job you despise and are no longer financially dependent on anybody.
Do you have any interests that you’d want to pursue? Have you ever wanted to start your own business? Money allows you to explore such regions and take some risks.
2. You can make decisions with money: The capacity to make choices and have options is one of the most pleasant feelings in the world. It’s annoying to be stuck in a situation where you need money or financial aid, so taking that out of your life is a tremendous relief.
You have control over what you want to do and what you don’t want to do when you have money.
Also see: Best countries to do business in africa
3. Money is the only thing that can keep a person’s finances in order: One of the most powerful emotions you can have is knowing you don’t have to worry about money. Individuals and families deal with financial stress daily, and it can be quite taxing.
4. More Life Experiences Can Be Attained with Money: Because life is brief and passes quickly, you should want to take advantage of everything that it has to offer while you are here. It’s a waste of money to hoard money and never experience anything; after all, you can’t carry your money with you to the cemetery! While this may not present a pleasant picture, it is entirely accurate.
When you have money, you have more opportunities to get more out of life, to explore the globe, to try new things, and to break out of your bubble. This can also contribute to general happiness by allowing you to experience more of what life has to offer.
Recommended: Best Countries for Master’s degree program
5. Money might assist you in providing more for your family: While passing down riches to your children might be beneficial, there is a fine line between establishing good values and a work ethic in your children beyond simply handing them money. Money, on the other hand, is important since it allows you to give a better school, healthcare, and generally start in life for your family.
Many youngsters are spoilt as a result of this, which leads to unreasonable financial expectations as they grow older. However, teaching kids about money and not lavishing them with every conceivable luxury without requiring them to work hard will be critical.
Importance of power
1. Power is required to effect change: Changes can be accomplished in the absence of authority, but it will take a lot of fight and effort to make even a minor change. When power is in one’s hands, it’s much easier to make, fix, break, and bring about changes.
2. When we have power, it is much easier to assist others in their endeavors: Their incredible efforts may result in some incredible beneficial consequences, and we will be a part of it. A powerless assisting hand does not have the same impact as a forceful assisting hand.
To serve others, you must have power.
We all want to help our society, community, or nation, but because we lack sufficient authority, we are frequently unable to effect desired changes, have a significant influence, or assist others in the manner we desire. Power enables us to provide important services to everyone.
3. Protection is provided via power: We can protect ourselves, our property, and those we truly care about. We can establish appropriate limits. As a result, by utilizing the power, we may readily shield ourselves from harm and minimize the risk of injury.
4. Power instills a great deal of self-assurance: We can stand up, say what we think, question if we are unsure, ask for more if we believe we deserve it, seek more if we desire it, and so on. Power enables us to stand out for ourselves and others, and since it is in our hands, our voices are heard and our requests are honored.
5. Power aids in the development of mass power: It aids in the gathering of people, and as we all know, togetherness always leads to spectacular results. We may enlist additional help and form bonds that will nourish and strengthen us on our trip. If we wish to be nurtured by others, we must first gain strength, which will allow us to develop powerful ties.
Recommended: How to become rich overnight
6. The battle is lessened when you have more power: A helpless individual may come to regret his undone business in the end. Despite his talent and potential, he was unable to realize his ambitions due to a lack of finances, widespread support, and opportunity. However, the power permits all kinds of assistance, and the only thing we need is true ability; if we have that, we can achieve all of our goals without much difficulty.
7. We can think large when we have a lot of power: We can feel empathy and compassion for others in the same manner that we used to feel for ourselves. We may enlist additional help and form bonds that will nourish and strengthen us on our trip. If we wish to be nurtured by others, we must first gain strength, which will allow us to develop powerful ties.
These emotions are no longer limited to us. We can reach out to millions of people, empathize with them, and assist them in whatever manner we can. We are no longer limited to realizing our own goals; instead, we must ensure that we fulfill the dreams of others whose eyes are willingly dreaming but lack the means to make them a reality.
Money or Power, Which Is More Important/Better?
When you have money, the fact that you can assist them in some manner by giving them your money pulls people to you. You only have that kind of power over them. One of two things happens once you pay them the money, which you should do eventually or they’ll lose interest: They either say yes and buy whatever they wanted, then come back and keep sucking until you give them more, or they buy it, then forget about you and move on.
You aren’t going to give them money unless they do something valuable for you, which usually requires authority. We all know that money equals power, which is why there is a discussion. However, money comes with power, and the only difference is that money must be given up in exchange for the power that is typically only temporary. Power is here to stay, and it can obtain everything it desires and never runs out.
Power also takes longer to vanish than money. Until the day you die, you are strong. Even if you’re an elderly strong politician, you may still wield a lot of power. If you’re a wealthy old man, you do have some clout. However, most people are aware that you are soon to become useless to them since the money is no longer yours the moment you die—even if you aren’t in dire straits. Until you die, power is still significant. If you’re dying, but you used to be a senator or whatever, you could certainly get paid to attend a fundraiser to promote it.
Money is nothing more than a path to power/freedom, and anyone who believes otherwise is deafeningly naive. Also, don’t act as though power and freedom are mutually exclusive. When you have a lot of power, you can accomplish almost whatever you desire.
Recommended: Cheapest Countries to Study In 2022
The amount of influence you can wield is exactly proportionate to your financial wealth. Money can purchase power, influence people, change behavior, and bring all of your goals to fruition with the flip of a coin. Power comes with a lot of responsibility, and it may lead to riots if people aren’t happy with your actions. All you need is enough money if you want to see that massive mountain in front of you demolished and converted into a desert. There’s nothing else. If you pay enough money, a lot of people will gladly shred that mountain into little pieces for you. So, money is a form of power.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.