Best Websites to Learn Programming For Free: As a result of online advances and technical improvements, we now need to master new abilities. Amongst the most important talents in this age of globalization and information dependency is programming. It can have a direct impact on professional advancement in many circumstances.
Even if you don’t work in web development, learning to code may help you improve your company performance and build abilities like logical thinking and problem-solving. Knowing how to code is much more vital if you’re a designer. Basic programming expertise helps you to work more efficiently with developers.
Some of the best free coding websites to aid you are listed below.
Recommended: Most difficult programming languages to learn
Best Websites to Learn Programming For Free
1. GitHub: GitHub is the largest open-source community and the world’s top software development platform. For developers and engineers, it is one of the most significant tools. GitHub’s Git repository hosting service has a large number of free books covering over 80 different programming languages, making it a fantastic location to learn how to code. You may also share your code with your colleagues if you’re a developer.
Github now has over 3.5 million users. It is the finest website for beginners to learn how to code.
Books about programming that are completely free
There is a lot of open-source code.
LinkedIn and other social media networks may be integrated.
It’s worth noting that Codecademy offers learners a new approach to learning (it’s interactive, exciting, and you can study coding with your friends), allowing them to learn to code more enjoyably and engagingly.
Personalized learning strategy
Multiple languages are available.
3. Treehouse: In the web development community, Treehouse is well-known, particularly as a place to learn to code for free. There are currently over 1,000 high-quality films available on topics ranging from web design to website development to entrepreneurship.
Beginners may learn at their speed and pick from a variety of coding languages for all levels, from elementary to advanced, thanks to Treehouse. Treehouse will lead you through the full learning process if you’re interested in coding but don’t know where to begin.
Tutorial videos for advanced users
Its user interface includes tracks and roadmaps.
4. Udemy: Udemy is a web-based learning site with 80,000 online coding courses, including web programming, UX design, UI design, and iOS development. Courses are available to students primarily to enhance job-related skills. Some of the courses are free, while others have a price associated with them.
You can locate a good instructor and certain classes that are particularly customized to your requirements on Udemy.
Communication within the community
There are several free programming courses available.
Recommended: How long does it take to learn Python? Answered
5. Coursera: Coursera is a free online learning platform developed by Stanford professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller. Coursera collaborates with the world’s best colleges and educational institutions to provide over 1,000 courses from 119 different schools.
Top teachers from Coursera’s partner educational institutions teach the courses. Learners may access the courses at any time and from any location. Course completion is recognized with an electronic course certificate. Python, Java, HTML and CSS, and C language are some of the topics covered on Coursera.
Best courses in programming
Coursera certification is provided.
Lectures from experts
6. Khan Academy: Khan Academy is a non-profit informational website where, among other things, you may learn to code. Salman Khan, a teacher, founded the platform in 2006 intending to provide a personalized learning experience based mostly on YouTube videos.
It is among the finest locations to learn how to code because there are so many coding courses and tools available to help students improve their programming abilities. All courses are taught by specialists, and you may find courses for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced.
Lectures by experts
Resources for personalized learning
Exercises, educational videos, and a customizable learning interface are all available.
All of the courses are completely free.
Online help in the form of a forum
Provides helpful resources
At certain phases, it provides tutorials (from beginner to advanced)
8. EdX: EdX is among the most popular online learning systems available today. It was founded in April 2012 by MIT and Harvard University to provide high-quality education to everyone on the planet. It provides students access to hundreds of free programming courses taught by actual academics at genuine universities. HTML and CSS, Java, jQuery, C++, Python, and more are just a few of the programming languages you may study.
High-quality coding courses with a certificate of completion
9. FreeCodeCamp: You learn to code by completing practice activities and practical tasks on this online instructional website, in addition to studying theory. Furthermore, FreeCodeCamp features an active discussion group where you may get real-time assistance from professionals and communicate with more experienced coders.
Massive online courses available for free
Community of active debaters
10. Evanto tuts +: Evanto Tuts+ is maybe one of the finest sites to learn to code for beginners. The enormous library of free courses, videos, tutorials, and e-books available on this website sets it apart. You’ll surely be able to experience a Silicon Valley developer salary firsthand with all that information in your pocket.
The information is simple to understand. The user interface is straightforward. There will be no misunderstanding on your end. You may also go at your own pace through all of the courses.
Recommended: Easiest programming languages to learn
11. Udacity: Udacity has a large number of individual courses as well as so-called nano degrees. These are educational programs that comprise courses aimed at gaining specialized abilities in a particular sector of technology.
In reality, Udacity collaborates with major corporations such as Google, Facebook, and AT&T to provide courses that educate students for positions at these firms.
Some of the individual courses are free, even though the nano degrees need a membership.
That wraps our list of the best websites for learning programming and web building for free. Regardless of whatever website or course you pick, have a clear aim in mind throughout the process. Establish track of your progress – you may, for example, keep a learning notebook. Don’t be too hard on yourself; remember to congratulate yourself on each small victory.
Additionally, keep track of your time and stay organized by creating a calendar and study plan for yourself.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.