Top 10 Easiest Programming Languages To Learn: Technological advancements and innovations has seen the world tilt towards the side of programming. Thus, making programming a major softskill in today’s world as it is now in high demand all over the world and is well lucrative too.
This meritorious rise of Programming and its lucrative nature has led to thousands of people now paying to study Programming courses or willing to learn a Programming language. Where for instance, you fall within these category of people seeking to equip their soft skills by learning a Programming language, this article is for you as we examine the easiest Programming language which you can learn.
Recommended: Salary of Google’s Employees Currently
Definition of Terms
For clarity, it is imperative we define the terms which this Article will revolve around:
Programming: Programming is the process of creating and providing your computer with a set of instructions on how to accomplish or execute a specific task.
Programming may also be defined as the process of writing computer programs.
Programmer: A programmer is a person who writes or executes the process of writing a computer program. Elaborately, a programmer can be defined as a person whose job involves writing programs for computers, preparing and testing programs for devices, preparing instructional program, fixing bugs, and creating a computer software by giving the computer specific programming instructions.
Programming Language: A programming language is the set of commands, instructions, and other syntax which a programmer uses to create a computer or application software program. A programming language may also be defined as the set of rules for instructing a Computer or Computing device to perform specific tasks.
There are a plethora of programming languages. However, we are going to consider only the easiest Programming languages which a person can learn.
Easiest Programming Language to Learn
In no particular order, the easiest programming languages to learn are as follows:
1. HTML: While it is rightfully argued that HTML is not a Programming language because it is usually used for structural purposes on a Web page, while a Programming Language have functional purposes, HTML otherwise known as Hypertext Markup language has been included by me in this list owing to the fact that it is the basis of learning how to program or be a programmer. Hence, in this context it may be referred to as a Programming Language.
HTML is a standard code and markup language for creating webpages and contents. It describes the structure of the web page, and also tells the browser how to display the content.
As a matter of fact, HTML is a very easy code to learn. This fact is also affirmed by a research made by WP Engine developers, who said that HTML is both the easiest programming language to learn and the one which programmers are most comfortable with.
2. PYTHON: Python is a high-level, versatile, easy, and general purpose programming language. It is also a very important programming language as it has a plethora of uses which includes: it is used as a scripting language for web applications, it is used for implementing back and end functionality for websites, it is used in software applications, operating systems, games, scientific and mathematical computing.
Inspite of all these numerous functions, python remains of the easiest programming language to learn, as it is straightforward to learn and use, and it has a high code readability, simple syntax, and a colossal community of programmers. Thus, making it one of the easiest programming language to learn.
Also see: Top tech skill to learn in 2021
4. PHP: PHP, an acronym for Hypertext Preprocessor is a known general purpose Scripting language usually used for Web development, creating web pages for web applications, and for ecommerce applications.
PHP is also used for managing contents on the web, database, accessing cookies, encrypting data, and restricting the access of users to some pages of your website.
PHP is very simple, efficient, flexible, and secured programming language. Likewise it is very easy to learn, especially for beginners.
5. JAVA: Java is a high level programming language which is used for Mobile App development, Cloud-based applications, gaming application, Desktop GUI applications, and many more.
Java have established itself as one of the most popular, favorable, versatile, yet easiest programming language to write in and also to learn. This is because the Java Programming Language is beginner-friendly, well-structured and straight forward, and its large community of developers makes it easy to learn the java programming language.
Also see: Best side hustles for students in 2021
6. C: C is a general purpose computer programming language derived from an earlier language called ‘B’ (The Basic combined programming language).
C is majorly used for scripting applications which form a major part of windows, UNIX, and LINUX operating system, and it boasts of numerous benefits above other programming languages such as: It combines the features of High level and Low level programs, it is a structured programming language which allows free movement of data across its functions, it is highly portable, it is case sensitive (upper and lower case are different), it has a library which provides built-in functions, it facilitates faster computations in programs, and it is easy to learn due to the fact that its Data structures are easy to understand and its simple syntax has only 32 keywords.
7. CSS: Cascading Style Sheets otherwise known as CSS programming language is another easy programming language to learn.
CSS is basically used for describing the presentation, display of webpages and defining the style in which such webpage should appear in. it also describes how documents written in Markup language should be presented.
8. RUBY: Ruby is an open source, high level, scripted, and general purpose programming which is used for building web applications, installing software packages, analyzing data, and providing security to your website.
Ruby is similar to English language. Hence, it is simple as well as easy to read and learn.
9. SWIFT: The Swift programming Language is a general purpose, powerful, and fast programming language developed by Apple Inc. and some open source contributors.
Swift is used in developing and building Apps for IOS, Apple TV, Apple watch, MAC operating system, TV operating system, and LINUX.
While Swift has established itself as a programming language which produces software which is lightning fast, the swift language is also lightening quickly to understand and learn.
10. GO: Finally on the list of easiest Programming Language to learn is the GO programming language.
The GO programming language is a programming language developed by Google to simplify the syntax and general complexity of C and C++ operating system, and to be used for developing web applications with minimal framework and webservers.
Over the years, GO has established itself as one of the easiest programming language to learn, especially for beginners.
By way of conclusion, i would like you to also check out the awesome YouTube video below for a corroboration on the best and easiest programming languages to learn as a beginner.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.