UNIPORT DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021: This is to announce to the general public that the prestigious University of Port Harcourt (Also called UNIPORT) has finally release her 2019/2020 departmental cutoff mark.
This notice was made to the public via the university’s official website (www.uniport.edu.ng). In light of the announcement, aspirants who applied for admission in UNIPORT are advised to go through the university’s departmental cutoff marks below.
For those who do not know what UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark is all about; note that it is the minimum score stipulated for admitting students into the University of Port Harcourt.
Thus, if you are unable to get up to the required cutoff mark for your course this year, it is most likely that the university will not offer you admission.
Above is a YouTube video about JAMB and Departmental cutoff marks for institutions in Nigeria. This video will give you a better understanding of how UNIPORT use their departmental cutoff marks to offer admission.
Is UNIPORT cutoff mark for 2020/2021 out?
No! The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has not yet release their departmental cutoff marks for 2020/2021 academic session. However, the university will release it before the end of August 2020.
On this note, I urge everyone who wants to be informed whenever 2020/2021 cutoff marks will be out, to quickly subscribe to our newsletter now for FREE. Alternatively, you can keep checking this page to know when the cutoff mark will be officially out.
NOTE: If you wish to read UNIPORT cutoffmarks for the previous session (that is, 2019), kindly scroll down this page.
- 5 Tentative ways to gain admission without JAMB examination
- How to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission in the University of Port (UNIPORT)
JAMB cutoff mark for UNIPORT
JAMB cutoff mark for UNIPORT is 180. This means that before any aspirant will be offered admission into UNIPORT in 2020, he/she must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME screening.
Sometimes, candidates who do not meet up to this cutoff mark are stopped from taking part in AAU’s post UTME examination. Nevertheless, it is important to note that the administrators of AAU are no under compulsion to follow this cutoff mark.
They can choose to increase or reduce this cutoff mark if they wish.
Must read: Richest lawyers in Nigeria
UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark for 2019/2020 session
It should be noted that UNIPORT has not officially release her departmental cutoff marks for many now.
However, to be offered admission, aspirants must at least, have the scores given below before they can be considered for admission into any faculty in the university.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
- Crop and soil science – 180
- Animal science and fisheries – 180
- Agriculture economics and extension – 180
- Forestry and wildlife management – 180
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- Medicine and surgery – 200
- Nursing – 200
- Human anatomy – 200
- Human physiology – 200
- Dentistry and dental surgery – 200
- Human kinetics and health education – 180
- Adult and non formal education – 180
- Educational foundations – 180
- Educational psychology – 180
- Educational management and planning – 180
- Curriculum studies educational tech – 180
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering – 180
- Electrical Engineering – 200
- Mechanical Engineering – 200
- Chemical engineering – 200
- Petroleum engineering – 200
- Gas engineering – 200
- Environmental engineering – 180
- Theater arts – 180
- English studies – 180
- Foreign languages and literature – 180
- History and diplomatic studies – 180
- Linguistics and communication studies – 180
- Philosophy – 180
- Religious and cultural studies – 180
- Fine art and design – 180Music – 180
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Accounting – 200
- Finance and banking – 200
- Management – 200
- Marketing – 200
- Tourism and hospitality management – 200
- Pharmacy – 200
- Physics – 180
- Biochemistry – 180
- Plant science and biotechnology – 180
- Animal and environmental Biology – 180
- Microbiology – 180
- Geology – 180
- Computer science – 180
- Mathematics and statistics – 180
- Pure and industrial chemistry – 180
- Economics – 200
- Political and administrative studies – 200
- Sociology – 200
UNIPORT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
While it is very important that you meet up to the stipulated cutoff mark for your course, it is pertinent to know that UNIPORT does not only consider cutoff marks when offering admission. Candidates must meet the following requirements too;
- Candidates must have at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. Your O’level result can be your WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB result/certificate.
- Candidates must also make the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) their first choice of institution when applying for admission.
- If post UTME screening is to hold, UTME candidates who wish to gain admission into UNIPORT must take part in the examination.
- To gain admission into UNIPORT, candidates must have attained the age of 16. If you are not up to 16 years yet, you will not be offered admission to the university.
- Candidates will not be allowed to gain admission with O’level result of more than two sittings
Yeah! That is all on UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark for 2020/2021 academic session. Don’t forget to keep checking this page if you want to be officially informed whenever UNIPORT cutoff mark will be out.
Meanwhile, my advice is that; you should apply for a change of course/institution form if your score is far lower than the cutoff mark above.
However, if your score is not too far from the cutoff mark, then you can keep calm and pray. It is likely that you will be admitted. Send your questions using the comment section below if you have any question concerning this topic.