It pleases me to announce to you that the prestigious University of Port Harcourt (Also called UNIPORT) has release her 2018/2019 departmental cutoff mark.
Notice on the just released UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark was made via the university’s official website (www.uniport.edu.ng ). In light of this announcement, aspirant who applied for admission in UNIPORT are therefore advised to go through the departmental cutoff marks below.
For those who do not know what UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark is all about; note that it is the minimum score stipulated for admitting students into the University of Port Harcourt. Thus, if you are unable to get up to the required cutoff mark for your course this year, it is most likely that the university will not offer you admission.
Is UNIPORT cutoff mark for 2019/2020 out?
The answer is No. UNIPORT has not yet released her cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic session. However, it is most probable that the university will release is before the end of August 2019. On this note, we urge everyone who will like to be informed when this cutoff mark will be out to quickly subscribe to our newsletter now for FREE. Alternatively, you can keep checking this page to know when the cutoff mark will be officially out.
JAMB cutoff mark for UNIPORT
JAMB cutoff mark for UNIPORT is 180. This means that before any aspirant will be offered admission into UNIPORT in 2019, he/she must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME screening. Sometimes, candidates who do not meet up to this cutoff mark are stopped from taking part in AAU’s post UTME examination. Nevertheless, it is important to note that the administrators of AAU are no under compulsion to follow this cutoff mark. They can choose to increase or reduce this cutoff mark if they wish.
Must read: Richest lawyers in Nigeria
UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark for 2018/2019 session
It should be noted that UNIPORT has not officially released her departmental cutoff marks for many now. However, to be offered admission, aspirants must have the scores given below at least, before they will be considered for admission into any faculty in the university.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
- Crop and soil science – 180
- Animal science and fisheries – 180
- Agriculture economics and extension – 180
- Forestry and wildlife management – 180
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- Medicine and surgery – 200
- Nursing – 200
- Human anatomy – 200
- Human physiology – 200
- Dentistry and dental surgery – 200
- Human kinetics and health education – 180
- Adult and non formal education – 180
- Educational foundations – 180
- Educational psychology – 180
- Educational management and planning – 180
- Curriculum studies educational tech – 180
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering – 180
- Electrical Engineering – 200
- Mechanical Engineering – 200
- Chemical engineering – 200
- Petroleum engineering – 200
- Gas engineering – 200
- Environmental engineering – 180
- Theater arts – 180
- English studies – 180
- Foreign languages and literature – 180
- History and diplomatic studies – 180
- Linguistics and communication studies – 180
- Philosophy – 180
- Religious and cultural studies – 180
- Fine art and design – 180Music – 180
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Accounting – 200
- Finance and banking – 200
- Management – 200
- Marketing – 200
- Tourism and hospitality management – 200
- Pharmacy – 200
- Physics – 180
- Biochemistry – 180
- Plant science and biotechnology – 180
- Animal and environmental Biology – 180
- Microbiology – 180
- Geology – 180
- Computer science – 180
- Mathematics and statistics – 180
- Pure and industrial chemistry – 180
- Economics – 200
- Political and administrative studies – 200
- Sociology – 200
UNIPORT Admission requirements 2019
While it is very important that you meet up to the stipulated cutoff mark for your course, it is pertinent to know that UNIPORT does not only consider cutoff marks when offering admission. Candidates must meet the following requirements too;
- Candidates must have at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. Your O’level result can be your WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB result/certificate.
- Candidates must also make the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) their first choice of institution when applying for admission.
- If post UTME screening is to hold, UTME candidates who wish to gain admission into UNIPORT must take part in the examination.
- To gain admission into UNIPORT, candidates must have attained the age of 16. If you are not up to 16 years yet, you will not be offered admission to the university.
- Candidates will not be allowed to gain admission with O’level result of more than two sittings
Yeah! That is all on UNIPORT departmental cutoff mark for 2018/2019 academic session. Don’t forget to keep checking this page if you want to be officially informed whenever UNIPORT cutoff mark will be out. Meanwhile, my advice is that; you should apply for a change of course/institution form if your score is far lower than the cutoff mark above.
However, if your score is not too far from the cutoff mark, then you can keep calm and pray. It is likely that you will be admitted. Send your questions using the comment section below if you have any question concerning this topic.
Edeh Chukwuemeka Samuel is a certified Mediator and Conciliator in Nigeria. He is currently a student at the Faculty of Law, University of Nigeria. Samuel is bent on disseminating authentic information to every part of the world.