Salary Of Programmers In India: Programmers are one of the highest paid professionals in the world, earning a mouthwatering salary especially in countries like USA and India. While the inquisitiveness has aroused in your mind to know the exact sum of money programmers earn in India, this article answers your curiosity.
Before we proceed to the salary of Programmers in India, it is important we all have basic knowledge of Programming and the meaning of the term Programmers.
Recommended: Top 10 Richest lawyers in India (2021)
What is Programming?
According to Wikipedia, programming is the process of designing and building an executable computer program to accomplish a specific computing result or to perform a specific task. Programming involves tasks such as analysis, generating algorithms, profiling algorithms and the implementation of algorithms in a chosen programming language.
In Layman words, programming is a way to instruct the computer to perform various tasks. This is done by feeding the computer with a set of instructions that is written in a language (programming language) which the computer can understand.
Programming is usually facilitated by Programmers who are those who write and create computer software, and are involved in writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining detailed instructions called computer program; which the computer must follow.
Importance of Programmers
The importance of Programmers in India and the society at large cannot be over emphasized, as every time we make use of our phone, laptop or other electronic gadgets to use an application, visit a website or perform other functions, we are utilizing the work of Programmers. Hence, their importance need not to be emphasized in the same vein the importance of one having a phone, laptop and other gadgets need not to be overemphasized.
Salary of Programmers in India
The salary of programmers in India is classified based on the specialty of such programmer. There are various specialty and category of programmers, these we will consider below with their respective salaries:
1. Application software developer: An application software developer otherwise known as an Application programmer is charged with developing applications for IOS, Android, Linux, and Windows. These programmers create software for the interaction of end users, and are responsible for designing and testing program logic, coding programs, program documentation, and preparation of programs for computer operations.
In India, the average salary of an application programmer is ₹500,000 Indian rupees. While depending on the level of experience and expertise, an application programmer in India earns between ₹450, 000 – 1,200,700 Indian rupee per annum.
2. System software developers: System software developers also known as System programmers develop network and operating systems for application. These programmers installs, customizes, and maintains the operating system. They also install and upgrade products that run on the system. System programmers include: CAD Engineers, System Engineers, and software developers.
The salary of these system programmers ranges between ₹400,000 – 900,000 Indian rupees per annum.
3. Full stack developer: Full stack developers are a form of web programmers. Web programmers are involved in the development of WWW applications or applications that are ran over HTTP, CSS, or HTML from a web server to a web browser.
Particularly, a full stack developer is an engineer and software expert who can handle all the work of data base, servers, system engineering and is equally proficient in front end (client side) development and back end (server side) development. These full stack developers earn ₹375,000 per annum for an entry level full stack developer and up to 1,375,700 Indian rupees per annum for a mid level full stack developer.
4. Game Programmers: Game programmers develop codebase for video games or related software, such as game development tools. In India, game programmers earn an average salary of 490, 000 Indian Rupee per annum.
5. QA Engineer: Quality Assurance Engineer commonly known as QA Engineer are programmers who write software in order to check the quality of an application. They conduct automated tests to ensure that the applications are functioning well. The main aim of a QA Engineer is to prevent defects as well as eliminate defects in a product.
QA Engineers monitor every phase of development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to the company’s standard. QA Engineers in India earn a basic salary of ₹239, 603- 890,221 Indian rupee per annum.
6. Security Engineer: Security Engineers are tasked with creating tests, systems and procedures that will guarantee the safety of software. Security engineers are usually called ethical hackers thanks to their skills of hacking a product to test the security of the product or reveal its vulnerabilities. Security Engineers earn between ₹300,000 – 990,000 Indian rupee per annum depending on the level and experience of such security Engineer.
7. DevOps Engineer: Development and Operations Engineer hereinafter referred to as DevOps Engineer, is responsible for creating the infrastructure of an application including servers and database.
The DevOps Engineer introduces processes, tools and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment to maintenance and updates. They earn ₹400,000 – 1,125,000 Indian rupees per annum in India.
8. Blockchain Engineers: Block chain Engineers specialize in creating and implementing digital solutions for organizations by utilizing a unique type of technology.
These Engineers analyze an organization’s technological needs and create applications to meet those needs. Block chain Engineers also use technologies such as etherum to ensure that data is completely secure. Block chain Engineers in India earn ₹300,000 – 900,000 Indian Rupee per annum.
Recommended: Salary of lawyers in India (2021)
Conclusively, having considered the above salary structure for the different types of programmers in India, it is instructive to note that your level of experience is a major determinant of the exact salary you will earn as a programmer in India. While an entry level programmer may earn slightly below the average salaries stated above, a programmer with numerous years of experience will earn considerably high.
Finally, your place of business and employer is the final determinant of the exact salary the aforementioned categories of Programmers in India will earn. For example, Programmers in cities like Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaeon, Hyderabad, and Chennai earn more than others. Also programmers who are employees of the highest paying technological companies in India such as Google, Accenture technology solutions, Microsoft, IBM, Tata consultancy services, and Cisco systems inc earn considerably more than others as these companies in India pay its programmers very well.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.