FUTA Admission Requirements 2020/2021: To gain admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria, you must meet all the admission requirements of the institution. Usually, admission requirements are used by school managements to determine who should, and who should not be given admission for the session. Thus, if you do not meet that admission requirements of your dream school, you may not be offered admission into the school.
Today, i will be sharing with you the requirements for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA). My reason for doing this is basically to save aspirants of FUTA from making mistakes that will jeopardise their chances of gaining admission this year.
So, if you really want to gain admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), below are the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the institution.
Before we go to the crux of this topic, I would also like to share some information about gaining admission in FUTA.
Table of Content
About the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
Undoubtedly, FUTA is one of the best university of Technology in Nigeria currently. The university was established in 1981 to facilitate the growth and development of technology in Nigeria. FUTA is one of the universities in Nigeria that is bent on producing graduates with practical as well as theoretical knowledge of technologies.
The motor of the school is “Technology for Self Reliance“. From this, you can see that the university is seriously into the business of making Nigeria better through technology.
Nonetheless, this has also made FUTA one of the most competitive universities in Nigeria. The university does not accept second choice candidates for admission, and it has strict admission requirements.
In order worlds, FUTA does not usually offer admission to candidates that did not meet the requirements for admission in the school.
Below are the requirements for UTME and Direct Entry admission in the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).
FUTA Admission Requirements for UTME candidates
Below are the UTME requirements for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA):
- UTME Candidates must have at least, a Credit pass (C) in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in their O’level result(s). This could be WASSCE/NECO or any other equivalent result.
- Candidates must make the Federal University of Technology, Akure their first choice of institution during JAMB registration.
- Candidates must score at least, 180 in JAMB UTME examination to be offered admission.
- Candidates are required to purchase FUTA post UTME form and pass the screening excellently.
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combinations to be considered for admission. Wrong subject combination will not be allowed.
Note: FUTA accepts two sittings result for admission. Thus, you can choose to use more than one O’level result for admission. You might also want to see how to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into FUTA here.
The correct subject combination for admission into FUTA includes; English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
FUTA admission requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
Below are the requirements for direct entry admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA):
- Direct Entry candidates must possess ND at Upper Credit Level ro equivalent in civil engineering or realted discipline from recognised institution.
- Alternatively, candidates must have good passes at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) or its equivalent in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- Note that Direct Entry admission in the Federal University of Technology, Akure will be given admission into 200L instantaneously.
- How to retrieve lost WAEC result: Step by step
- Most effective ways to gain admission without JAMB
- See the best times to read and understand effectively
- Tips to pass any examination without reading
Okay! There you have all the requirements for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA). I strongly believe that anyone who reads this has a better chance of gaining admission into FUTA this year! Make sure you do not joke with the content of the page.
Accordingly, endeavor to share this post to other aspirants of FUTA you know. By doing this, you might save someone from making a very mistake this year.
Lastly, if you still have any question or contribution to this topic, you can send it using the comment section. I will give you a reply as soon as possible.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.