Important Things To Consider Before Buying a New Mobile Phone in 2023: These days, mobile phones have evolved into essential equipment that we cannot operate without. It’s because they’re the first thing that springs to mind when we want to take photographs, save papers, browse the internet, or even power other phones.
The problem arises whenever you consider Apple’s, Samsung’s, and Google’s latest offerings, which are all constructed in such a way that users can’t determine which one would be ideal for specific desires. Most people purchase their smartphones through local stores, whereas others purchase them online. It’s important to note, though, that perhaps the listed price should not be the only factor to consider.
Furthermore, because it is just a Blackberry, Android, or Apple device doesn’t indicate it’ll meet your demands. Both cost and the firm that makes the mobile phone may not be the most significant aspects. Here is a list of the things you must never overlook when purchasing a new phone, or you’ll come to regret it. Don’t miss out on these helpful hints.
Recommended: Things to consider before buying a new laptop
12 Important Things to Look Out for When Buying a New Phone
1. Budget/Price: With many phones on the market currently, deciding which one to purchase may be difficult, even though they all have various features, operating systems, and sizes. The variety of phones you can purchase is determined by your budget. Price and features are inextricably linked, so the most costly phone will have all the bells and whistles, including the greatest camera, quickest CPU, and so on.
There is a need to match your goal to how much you can afford right now. Some other option is to wait a while just after the phone’s introduction, as mobile phones don’t always appreciate rather degrading. Which indicates that it will most certainly be cheaper than when it was first released. At Jumia and Konga’s online shopping sites, you must keep an eye out over promotion bargains and wait for the proper moment to hit amazing deals; they frequently have incredible discounts on all of these online retailers.
2. Durability: However, in a short month using a new phone, nobody wants to return to the store and buy another one. Everybody wants a gadget that would endure a long time, therefore look at the device’s build quality. Metal and plastic are the two main forms of construction available in the marketplace; nevertheless, one may come across certain phones with just a glass covering, albeit these are rare. Consider your working environment to determine what sort of material is appropriate for your phone.
You may look for a drop test for your phone model to see whether it can endure being dropped without breaking.
3. Size and Type Of Display: For individuals who enjoy receiving the latest news or simply getting drowned in the HD visuals of the latest Android games, a mobile phone with such a display of a minimum of 5.7 inches is recommended. A smaller screen would do for folks who use their mobile phone mostly for WhatsApp or reading Facebook postings.
In terms of display technology, Android has two options: LCD and AMOLED. Another fundamental distinction between the two is the way light is projected. In principle, LCD panels are brighter and superior at displaying material in direct sunlight, but AMOLED screens have higher contrast and much more rich colors. In practical terms, moreover, the distinction between the two becomes less and less observable as time passes and new technologies emerge.
4. Operating System: You’ve purchased an Android-based smartphone if you’re reading this post, but there are various versions, and versions of versions, of this Google software. As you go out and purchase a new smartphone, read up on the Android histories, or at very minimum compare the changes between some of the recent two different versions, Android 9 Pie and Android 10.
Apart from being delicious delicacies that would please even the most ardent sweet appetite, these names refer to different versions of the Android operating system, each with its own set of features and functionalities. Android 10 is the most recent Android version available, however not all devices get the distinction of running it.
Rather than buying a smartphone with obsolete versions of Nougat or Marshmellow, I recommend looking for one with Android Pie (and if you can be certain of an update to the latest and most recent Android version, which is even ideal).
5. Camera Quality and Creativity: Recently, mobile phone manufacturers have started to place a greater emphasis on camera quality and functions, which is fantastic news for users. Mobile phones are increasingly resembling digital cameras in terms of megapixels, hybrid autofocus, imaging stabilization, manual modes, visual effects, and peculiar selfie qualities. Again, I advise you not to get too caught up in the statistics on the technical page.
The megapixel count alone does not give the entire story; it’s crucial to understand the kind of integrated sensor, lens resolution, and pixel size. Every one of the pieces of information is included in our evaluations, but it costs nothing at all to open the camera app and verify the quality of the images and system software for yourself while you’re in the shop.
6. Battery Life: While purchasing a new mobile phone, among the most crucial features to consider is battery life. Don’t be deceived: a bigger mAh figure doesn’t imply increased battery life or an extended battery life cycle. Different aspects come into consideration, and it’s important to understand them.
Understand that higher-resolution screens use more power, but the newest CPUs improve battery life. And then there is the issue of display refresh rates and fast charging technologies to consider. Rather than relying just on technical specifications, it’s a good idea to read reviews and benchmark results to see how all of these elements work when integrated into a single device. 4,000 mAh appears to be the industry norm at the time.
7. Processor and RAM: The CPU is the heart of a gadget, and its total performance is determined by it. Software upgrades are often limited by CPU capabilities. Safe bets are Qualcomm and Mediatek.
However, Huawei’s Kirin chipset is proven to be capable of providing consumers with decent performance. It should also be mentioned that the quantity of RAM available is critical for any CPU to perform at its optimum. Yes, the CPU is crucial, but we must consider the mobile phone as a whole and its technical features.
8. Internal Storage: While looking for your new Android, pay attention to the RAM and internal storage, not simply what the label states. Examine how much space the preloaded apps consume. Even though you might enhance your phone’s storage capacity with a MicroSD card, remember that having more internal memory is preferable to utilizing an external card.
Simultaneously, before choosing a device with 128GB or 256GB of internal storage, consider how much you’ll utilize it.Would be you storing movies, music, data, and heavy programs on your mobile phone as an external drive for your computer? If the reply is no, you’ll most likely be OK with 64GB. Not to add that, as long as you have an internet connection, you may use cloud services to reduce space while still having access to your information. As a basic guideline, while evaluating mobile phones on the market, at minimum 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory are recommended.
9. Audio/Speakers: For individuals that rely on intensive video streaming or video conferencing, speakers and the clarity of audio pouring out of them might be a critical component. If you enjoy on-the-go entertainment, look for a phone with front-facing speakers.
Even when the mobile phone is held in landscape mode, the music is good. A basic phone with bottom-firing speakers might do if you don’t do much streaming content or video conferencing. Others with speakers in the rear are also acceptable.
10. Availability of Spare Parts and Accessories: For many of us who like browsing international web markets for gadgets. It’s cool, I know, but the problem is that if these devices are broken, you’ll have to ship their components and factor in the time it will take for your items to arrive in Nigeria. I’m confident you understand what I’m trying to say.
It is a lengthy procedure, and under the worst-case scenario, some of these items may not be delivered completely or may be unavailable when needed. To prevent this, ensure the smartphone you’re about to buy has a service center/phone accessory store from which you can obtain all the parts and accessories you’ll need, and that you have instant access to these locations.
Recommended: Top 10 Highest paid footballers in Nigeria
11. Warranty: This is another element to consider when purchasing a phone. Verify if the product comes with a warranty that lasts at least a year. If phones were to experience sporadic software problems or flaws that weren’t caused by you, this would be highly beneficial.
For as long as the warranty is in effect, free maintenance, repairs, and even replacements are covered. The majority of the time, only newly purchased phones come with a warranty.
12. Repair Centre: Many people overlook this very significant factor. People don’t think to check whether the manufacturers of their preferred phones have repair facilities in their states or countries. It can be quite inconvenient for customers to have to change their phones prematurely or even fly across state lines because there is no reputable repair centre in their area that specializes in phone repairs for the device brand they own.
Therefore, ensuring that the phone you’re planning to get next has a repair facility that is close to your area is a factor worth considering.
These will be the things to consider while buying a new mobile phone. I look forward to being able to assist you. Which aspects do you think about while buying a mobile phone? The above considerations should be taken first while determining how many to invest in the mobile phone. Please do let us know what you think on the comment page down.