Importance of digital marketing today: Research has shown that one of the major causes of failure of small businesses in the world today is their inability to properly advertise and promote their businesses. This is a problem because most people do not understand digital marketing. Over the years, digital marketing has proven to be one of the major contributions to the success of many companies but people still do not understand its important.
In this article, we will be looking at the advantages and importance of digital marketing for businesses. I encourage every small business owner to read this article from start to finish as it clearly explains how digital marketing can boost a business success in this 21st century. Before we dive into that, it is important to also understand what digital marketing is all about.
RECOMMENDED: Top 10 Legal Apps from lawyers
Table of Content
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is what is also known as online marketing. It’s a way of advertising your product, goods, or services online, to connect with potential buyers. Digital Marketing will help to increase the visibility of the service you render, or the goods you are selling.
Believe this, we are in a stage, where people believe more in what they see online, than what they come across physically.
If you know how to play your game, you can increase the ROI of your company by 100%, by taking hold of effective digital marketing.
Furthermore, In case you are clueless about how to use digital marketing to promote your product or service you render, I will explain it in this article.
Proven Way To Use Digital Marketing Promote Your Business
Just like I said earlier. We’ve left the age, where people go from house door to house door, advertising their goods or service they render.
We are now in a world where people sit at home or in their office and are constantly getting buyers for their goods.
Now I believe all that will be on your mind by now is, how can I use digital marketing to promote my business? I will give a detailed explanation on how to go about all below.
1. Create A Responsive Website/Blog: Do you want to increase the visibility of your business, and as well increase credibility? Then create a website for your business.
No matter how little your business is, so far you are offering something valuable, you are to create a website for it, to connect with more buyers, and this will also make people believe more in what you are selling or the service you are rendering.
The cost of setting up a blog isn’t as high as before anymore. There are quality hosting companies out there, where you can develop your WordPress website at a cheap rate, less than $20 in a year, such as
It’s very easy to set up a WordPress website.
However, if you are not familiar with something technical, or you don’t want to go through the stress of creating a blog yourself, you can hire a freelancer to do this for you.
All you have to do is to explain the purpose of the blog to the freelancer, the features you want it to have, and what you want to use it for. Now, what do you do with the blog? How will the blog bring sales for you
I don’t just teach, I teach for you to see the desired result. Because there are some people out there, who have created a blog for this purpose, and are not getting results.
It’s one thing for you to create a website/blog, and it’s another thing for you to get the desired result from it.
Now the question is, how will the blog bring you desired profit? This is it, there are some tools you need to install on your blog, which can make your product shown to the right audience. And one effective tool I will recommend is Facebook pixel
According to buffer.com, Facebook is the biggest social media platform, owning over 2.23 billion users.
Once you place the Facebook pixel code on your website pages, it will show you the user’s engagement with your website. This will make your targeted ads productive.
No doubt, If you want to get the most out of your ads, the Facebook pixel is a must-tool for you. Facebook pixel, will make your ads shown to the right audience.
If Customers come to your website, and didn’t buy any goods or didn’t order for your service, the Facebook pixel will continue to display your goods on the news field, even when they are off your website. I’m sure you know how compelling this is.
Everyone that has a website is expected to use the Facebook pixel, there shouldn’t be any contemplation on this. All brands that take the success of their brand as a priority, are expected to use the Facebook pixel.
Recommended: Highest paying businesses in Nigeria
2. Run Ads On Social Media: Another way to get the most out of digital marketing is to run ads on social media platforms. Almost everyone makes use of one social media platform or the other. Facebook is the most used social media platform in the world, having over 2.3 billion users. No matter what you are selling, you will surely get buyers on social media.
Also, it’s one thing to run ads, and it’s one thing to know how to run targeted ads.
Obviously, it’s not everyone that will want your product, and Perhaps your product may not be suitable for all ages. There are ways you can Target your product to these sets of people only, this will increase the ROI of your investment, and will also make you get faster results. Or perhaps, you can only deliver your product to some particular states in Nigeria only, only Target your product to this place.
Recommended: History of Federalism in Nigeria
3. Email Marketing: The competition and struggle for long-lasting customers will come to an end if you know how to get started with email marketing. There are a lot of digital marketing strategies to promote your business, but how of them all, email marketing is one of the most effective ways of promoting your business and getting a good CTR.
You may wonder, what’s email marketing?
Email marketing is the act of sending emails to your customers letting them know about your product or the new products you are having. This is very effective because, if you are sending directly to your customers, it will keep them active about the existence and relevancy of your product.
Having understood all these, I’m sure you won’t mind asking what the importance of digital marketing is any longer. However, for the sake of the topic, let’s briefly examine the importance of digital marketing.
RECOMMENDED: Top 10 Law books every law student to read
Importance of digital marketing for businesses
1. It increases the visibility of your product: for example, if you have a blog for your business your product will become active on the search engine, such as Google.
2. Your product gets to potential buyers: You won’t just be working amiss. You get connected with people that are ready to spend money on your goods.
3. It increases the credibility of small businesses
4. It can be hyper-personalized: with digital marketing, you can run ads only to specific people that you want.
5. It could be in aspects of age, nationality, or locality, with digital marketing, you can run it to these sets of people only.
6. You get advanced analytics: You will be able to know how effective your advertising is, how people are reacting with it.
With this, you will be able to know which other strategy to adopt, and how well to work on your product.
7. Best ROI: You will get the best return on your investment, with digital Marketing
8. You reach a larger audience: You can reach a larger audience instantly, and connect with numerous customers at a time.
9. Low budget: You don’t need to spend much on digital marketing, all you need is, how to do it right.
10. You compete with other big companies: It may be a chance of coming to the limelight if you are offering a product that some big companies are selling as well. And if yours is more quality, You take the lead, right? Yes!
11. Your product will be popularly recognized: once you continually run adverts, people will get to see the product from time to time. With this, your product will become popular, and will as well lead to good ROI.
For more cogent points on the importance of digital marketing in today’s world, I encourage you to check out the video below. It contains more on the importance of digital marketing.
For the success of your business, it’s important for you to learn how to use digital marketing to promote your products.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.