It is very important that you know the admission requirements of your dream institution before applying for admission into the institution. The reason is because, those requirements are used by the institution to determine candidates who are eligible for admission.
Recently, I noticed that many aspirants of the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) usually search the internet to know the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the school, and that is why i decided to share all the requirements for admission into UNN today.
Another reason why I am doing this is because, I am a student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as at the time this post was written, and I know what it really takes to gain admission into the university.
I therefore enjoin you to take every information contained in this page very seriously. If you really want to gain admission into UNN this year, you must meet all the requirements of the university.
Before I will go into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to disclose some of the important things you need to know about admission into UNN.
About the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Name: University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).
Current Vice Chancellor: Professor Benjamin Ozumba
Motto: To Restore the Dignity of Man
Founder: Nnamdi Azikiwe
UNN is one of the biggest and most populated universities in Nigeria. It is in fact, the indigenous university of Nigeria because, the university was established in 1960 (the same year Nigeria got her independence). Currently, UNN ranks top 5 in almost all the rankings of institutions in Nigeria I have seen this year. The university is known in both Nigeria and other parts of the world.
When it comes to offering admission to aspirants, it is very difficult to gain admission into UNN because many students struggle to gain the same admission every year.
Thus, the university usually increase the requirements for admission so that only the best aspirants will be able to gain admission into the institution.
UNN General JAMB Cutoff marks for 2020/2021
UNN general cutoff mark for 2020 is 160 as decided in the just concluded JAMB policy meeting. In other words, before anyone aspirant will be able to gain admission into UNN this session, he/she must score, at least, 160 in JAMB.
Below is a confirmation of this:
The Joint Admissions & Matriculations Board has announced 160 & above as the national minimum cut-off mark for 2020 admissions into public universities,120 and above as approved cut-off marks into Polytechnics and 100 & above for both Colleges of Education & Innovation Enterprise pic.twitter.com/xPmLZ6JM00
— NTA News (@NTANewsNow) June 17, 2020
Note that candidates will anything lesser than 160 will not be admitted through JAMB CAPS even though they pay their way to the university’s official admission list. It is therefore wise to be careful when paying money to gain admission.
Based on the pristige of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) it is obvious that the university may not offer admission to candidates seeking admission to study professional courses like Law, Medicine or Engineering with 160. For these courses, UNN cutoff mark might be higher.
LIST OF COURSES OFFERED IN THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (UNN) 2020
Bellow is the full list of courses offered in the University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).
- Agric Extension Services
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Art (combined Honours)
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Agricultural And Bioresources Engineering
- Business Education
- Banking And Finance
- Biological Science(s)
- Business Management
- Crop Science
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Education
- Computer With Statistics
- Creative Arts
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Estate Management
- Education & Social Science
- Education And Chemistry
- Education Arts
- Education Science
- English And Literary Studies
- Fine Art/Fine And Applied Arts
- French With German / Russian
- Library And Information Science
- Linguistics Igbo And Other African Languages
- Religious Studies
- Theatre And Film Studies
- Guidance & Counselling
- Health Education
- Home Economics And Education
- Industrial Technical Education
- Physical Education
- Mechanical Engineering
- Surveying And Geoinformatics
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Sceince
- Physics and Astronomy
- Pure And Applied Chemistry
- Pure And Industrial Chemistry
- Statistics Zoology
- Food Science And Technology
- Home Science
- Nutrition And Dietetics
- Soil Science
- Public Administration And Local Govenment
- B.A. (Single & Combined Hons) In Modern
- Veterinary Medicine
Now that you know some important information about gaining admission into UNN, I will disclose the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the university. Please pay good attention to the information below.
UNN admission requirements for UTME candidates
Below are the admission requirements for UTME admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN):
- Candidates must have at least, 5 (five) Credit grade in five subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result(s). In the case, O’level result could be WAEC/NECO/GCE or any other equivalent result.
- Candidates must make the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) their first choice of institution during JAMB registration. UNN does not accept second choice candidates for admission.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age at the time admission it offered.
- Candidates are required to score at least, 160 in JAMB UTME examination as that will make them eligible to take UNN post UTME examination.
- Candidates must participate in UNN post UTME examination and must perform very well in the examination in order to be admitted.
Note: UNN accepts two sitting results for admission. Thus, if you wish to combine two results for admission, you can actually do that. You might want to read my article on how to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into any institution in Nigeria here.
UNN Direct Entry admission requirements
Below are the requirements for direct entry admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN):
- For Direct Entry admission, candidates must possess two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects.
- Direct entry candidates who wish to gain admission into the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) must purchase the university’s DE form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Direct entry candidates are also expected to make the University of Nigeria, Nsukka their first choice of institution during registration. This is a very important requirement because UNN does not consider second choice candidates for admission.
For more information about JAMB Direct Entry form, i enjoin you to read my recently published articles on JAMB Direct Entry application for this academic session.
By way of conclusion, i must inform you again that UNN will not offer admission to candidates that do not meet up with all the requirements of the institution. Thus, you are not supposed to joke with the information contained in this page if you really want to gain admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
This is apparently where I will stop for today. I hope that after reading this post, aspirants will no longer ask me; “What are the requirements for admission into UNN?”. As you can see, everything about UNN admission requirements have been explained here.
Meanwhile, if you still have any question or contribution on this topic, I would like to hear you. Kindly use the comment section below to send any question concerning UNN admission requirements for 2020/2021 academic session.