UNN 2019/2020 Departmental Cutoff Marks:This is to bring to the notice of the general public that the prestigious University of Nigeria (UNN) has release her 2019/2020 departmental cutoff marks. Notice on the just released UNN departmental cutoff marks was made via the university’s official website at www.unn.edu.ng. On this note, in enjoin every student who took part in the just concluded UNN post UTME screening to scroll down this page and check the cutoff mark for their courses.
For those who do not actually know what UNN cutoff mark is all about; it is a stipulated score fixed by the administrators of UNN for admitting students into her faculties. Thus, if you are not able to meet up to the cutoff mark by UNN for the year, then you have a slim chance of getting admitted into the university.
Is UNN cutoff mark for 2019/2020 out?
The answer is Yes! The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has finally release her 2019/2020 departmental cutoff mark. You can view them here!
PLEASE NOTE THIS: UNN has just release her departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 session. However, not all of them is out yet. Any cutoffmark marked “verified” has been released. I enjoin you to keep checking this website because more will be verified before the end of this week.
UNN JAMB cutoff mark
It is pertinent to note that UNN JAMB cutoff mark for 2019 is 200. This means that before you can apply for any course in UNN you must have at least 200 in JAMB examination. For courses like medicine, law or pharmacy, you must have at least 200 in JAMB UTME examination to be admitted into the university.
UNN DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARKS FOR 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agric Economics – 227
- Agric Extension – 201
- Animal Science – 202
- Crop Science – 206
- Soil Science – 205
- Fst – 227
- Home Science – 200 (verified)
- Nutrition and Dietetics – 247
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Archaeology & Tourism – 200 (verified)
- English and Literary Studies – 263 (verified)
- Fine and Applied Arts – 260
- Foreign Languages – 200 (verified)
- History and International Studies – 259
- Linguistics and Nigerian Languages – 225 (Verified)
- Mass Communication –256 (Verified)
- Music – 255
- Theatre and Film Studies – 254
- Combined Arts – 201
FACULTY OF LAW
- Law – 290 (verified)
FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Medicine – 323 (Verified)
FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- Pharmacy – 293 (verified)
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Accountancy – 252 (verified)
- Banking & Finance – 226 (verified)
- Marketing – 207
- Business Management – 233
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
- Dentistry – 282 (verified)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Agric & Bioresources Engineering – 204
- Civil Engineering – 248
- Electrical Engineering – 242
- Electronics – 232
- Mechanic Engineering – 242
FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Biochemistry – 248
- Botany – 198 (verified)
- Combined Biological Sciences – 210 (Verified)
- Microbiology – 235 (verified)
- Zoology – 207
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Adult Education – 200
- Education Art – 251
- Education Chemistry – 203
- Education Social Sciences – 245
- Agric Education – 205
- Business Education – 220
- Guidance & Counselling – 263
- Health Education – 206
- Home Economics Education – 229
- Industrial Technical Education – 236
- Library and Information Science – 225 (verified)
- Science Education – 200
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Architecture – 226
- Estate Management – 201
- Geoinformatics & Survey – 200 (verified)
- Urban and Regional Planning – 210
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE &TECHNOLOGY
- Radiography – 266
- Medical Rehabilitation – 258 (verified)
- Nursing – 286 (verified)
FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Computer Science – 236 (verified)
- Geology – 234
- Mathematics – 200
- Physics And Astronomy – 200
- Pure And Industrial Chemistry – 232 (verified)
- Statistics – 201 (verified)
- Computer/Statistics – 200
FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Veterinary Medicine – 227
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics – 260
- Geography – 217 (verified)
- Philosophy – 244 (verified)
- Political Science – 250 (verified)
- Psychology – 252
- Public Administration – 266
- Religion – 232
- Social Work – 213
- Sociology/Anthropology – 260
How to calculate UNN aggregate
If you don’t know how UNN aggregate score is calculated; that is, you don’t know how to calculate the aggregate of your JAMB and Post UTME score, i advise you to read the information below very carefully. I will teach you how to do that here.
- To get your UNN aggregate score, simply multiply your JAMB Score by 0.6
- Accordingly, multiply your POST-UTME Score by 0.4
- Add the results you got from your multiplying your JAMB by 0.6 and your Post UTME by 0.4
- The result you get from the step above becomes your aggregate score.
So, if for instance, you scored 256 in JAMB examination, and scored 314 in Post UTME, you will multiply 256 by 0.6 which is 153.6. Next, you will multiply 314 by 0.4 which will give you 125.6.
Now your aggregate will be 153.6 + 125.6 = 279.2.
UNN ADMISSION REQUIMENTS 2019/2020
It is pertinent to note that the University of Nigeria does not only consider cutoff marks when offering admission. For UTME candidates, below are the admission requirements for 2019/2020:
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 when the admission is offered to them.
- Candidates must have at least 5 (five) Credits in their O’level result to be offered admission. Your O’level result can be your WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB result.
- Candidate must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination to be offered admission.
- UTME candidate must take part in UNN Post UTME screening with good score to be offered admission
- Lastly, UTME candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff mark for their courses to be offered admission.
Above are the various departments in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and their cutoff marks. I personally advise every student who intend to gain admission into UNN this year to make sure they go through the cutoff marks above to confirm whether or not, they will be admitted into the University this year. If you score is far lower than the one mentioned above, please try to get a change of course form from JAMB. However, if your score is not too lower, then you might join the University’s supplementary list.o
Don’t forget to subsequently check this web page to know when more will be verified.