How To Find Your Passion: Finding one’s passion can be a lifelong process. To some, it appears to be a natural process. They immerse themselves in the activities they enjoy, oblivious to what society expects of them. But it isn’t that simple for everyone. You may have compiled a list. You’ve sought counsel from your buddies. You’ve tried journaling and dissected every idea that has ever crossed your mind. However, You’re still stumped as to how to discover your true passion.
Individuals are constantly pressured to be someone else in today’s society. So, learning how to find your passion in life necessitates getting in touch with yourself. You’ll need to connect the dots between your past, present, and future aspirations to discover your true passion. This article explores some tips to help you find your passion.
Recommended: How to find your purpose in life explained
13 Tips On How To Find Your Passion
1. Brainstorm the activities you find Fulfilling and Meaningful: Take a few moments to consider and write down all of the things you already do regularly. This could include hobbies, work responsibilities, or anything else that brings you joy. Pay close attention to things that cause you to lose track of time, as this usually indicates that you’re having a good time.
Inquire of your friends and relatives about the topics you frequently discuss. If you bring up specific hobbies repeatedly, you have a burning desire to learn more about them. Keep in mind the components of your job that you enjoy as well. If you enjoy training new staff, for example, your heart may lie in educating or working with others.
Consider the daily tasks that offer you the greatest delight, such as presenting a presentation or training a new employee, if you’re looking for your job passion. Consider the occupations you’ve enjoyed and disliked the most so you can figure out which careers to pursue and which to avoid.
2. Write down values that are Important to you: Values are the core principles that brings a feeling of satisfaction in your life and shape your personality. Finding something that aligns with your principles will make you feel better and more fulfilled when it comes to discovering your passion.
Make a list of everything significant in your life so you can discover activities, hobbies, or vocations that align with them.
Recommended: Causes, Effects and Solutions to low self-esteem
3. Consider your talents: If you’re naturally excellent at something or have worked hard to develop a skill set, it could be an indication that you’re passionate about it. Make a list of your abilities, such as photography, public speaking, or instrument playing. Even if you don’t believe it’s good, pay attention when people compliment you on anything. You might not realize that you have even more abilities than you think.
It’s important to remember that you don’t have to be particularly brilliant at something to be passionate about it. You can still be passionate about something as long as you enjoy doing it.
4. Rekindle a childhood passion: As you get older, you may realize that your childhood ambitions were irrational, and you give up on them. Consider the hobbies you used to like as a kid but gave up as you became older.
You may have enjoyed writing stories, sketching in a sketchbook, or engaging in sports. Reintroduce these activities into your life to see if they still interest you.
Recommended: How to fight and avoid procrastination
5. Look for common themes in your Interests: While not all of your hobbies will be completely aligned, they may be linked by a deeper passion that you were unaware of at the time. Examine the books you enjoy reading, the hobbies that interest you, and the products on which you spend time and money to see if there are any parallels.
Are they all about the same thing, or do they have any common themes? If they do, they might be able to steer you in the direction of something you’re passionate about.
6. Narrow down your interests: After you’ve made a list of your interests, choose the ones that are most essential to you at the moment. While you may always return to other interests later, the ones you’re most enthusiastic about are usually the ones you’re most passionate about.
While it may be tempting to pursue all of your interests, doing so can become stressful and exhausting. If you’re dividing your attention between too many things, you might not notice any improvement in certain areas.
7. Invest time into your interests: While you may claim to be passionate about something, you will not experience that burning desire unless you set aside time to pursue your passions. Schedule time each week to focus on your hobbies and interests to further develop them.
As you learn more about it and get a deeper grasp of it, you’ll feel more involved and your passion will grow.
Finding your passion is an excellent first step, but it will take time for it to blossom.
8. Follow a C.L.E.A.R path when you find a new Interest: The C.L.E.A.R path explains how to recognize when you’re acquiring a stronger interest in an activity. When you’re Curious about anything, it catches your attention and becomes your passion. If you want to pursue it further, you’ll need to start Learning so you can acquire a better idea of what it includes.
As your Enthusiasm grows, you’ll want to immerse yourself in the experiences. You’ll eventually get Aware and make a stronger commitment to the activity, like purchasing equipment or dedicating more time to it. People will begin to Recognize your passion as you progress down the route because it stands out.
9. Get out of your comfort zone and explore new things: Even if you are initially apprehensive or uncomfortable with an activity, you will never know if you are truly passionate about it unless you give it a try. Allow yourself to be open to new experiences in the hopes of discovering something you didn’t realize you loved.
Be wary of becoming closed-minded and dismissing opportunities simply because they make you uncomfortable. You may be locking yourself off from things you may be passionate about if you don’t approach things with an open mind. You must expand your horizons and try new things.
Enrol in a course. Participate in an athletic activity. Investigate a topic that has always piqued your curiosity. At the edge of your comfort zone, life – and finding your passion – begins. Make a list of experiences or activities that pique your interest and figure out how to get involved with them.
10. Talk with people in areas You’re Passionate About: Finding someone who can advise and mentor you, even if you only have a passing interest in something, can help you learn even more.
Make contact with people who share similar interests and have a little more experience in the field you are passionate about more than you. Ask them questions and have talks about the activity to develop a good repertoire with them. Mentors can be anyone, including coworkers, coaches, friends, and family members.
11. Seek people who followed their passion: Seek help and learn from people who have succeeded in pursuing their passions. You can also seek their advice and assistance in discovering your passion.
Recommended: Oldest Museums in the World
12. Transform your perspective: Many people believe that leading a life of passion is impossible. Some people lack optimism about changing as a result of how they feel. This perspective will make it difficult for you to succeed in your quest to find your passion.
Finding your life’s passion is only possible if you change your perspective to one of optimism and opportunity. Be ready for the adventure that lies ahead. Be inspired by the potential. Enjoy the extraordinary life that is waiting for you. You won’t discover what you’re enthusiastic about until you’re genuinely open and prepared for change. Realize that life happens to you, not for you, but that it is telling you something, and pay attention to it.
13. What is your most basic human need?: We all have the six human needs of security, meaning, diversity, love and connection, development, and contribution.
Although we all have one primary need that is absolutely necessary to our happiness, life is a careful balance between these. By highlighting what you need most to be content, identifying your driving force might help you discover your passion for life.
Many times, the solution to finding your passion is right in front of you, but you fail to recognize it. If you want to make your life a masterpiece, you must become unstoppable. Turn your “shoulds” into “musts,” ditch the excuses, and settle for nothing less than a joyful life. Only by doing so can you discover your true passion.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.