This is to announce to the general public that the prestigious Ebonyi State University (EBSU) has finally release her 2019/2020 departmental cutoff marks. Notice on the just released EBSU departmental cutoff marks was made known to us through the university’s official website (@ www.ebsu.edu.ng).
On this note, students who applied for admission in Ebonyi State University (EBSU) are hereby advised to quickly scroll down this page and check the official admission cutoff mark from the management of Ebonyi State University in 2019.
For those who do not know what EBSU cutoff marks are; it is the stipulated score for admitting students into the university. Any person who does not have up to the stipulated cutoff will not be admitted into the university. Below, i have compiled the stipulated departmental cutoff marks of the Ebonyi State University in 2019.
Is EBSU departmental cutoff marks for 2020/2021 out?
The answer is No. Ebonyi State University (EBSU) has not officially released her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff marks. However, there is every possibility that the university will release it before July as usual. If you wish to be informed whenever EBSU admission cutoff marks are out, kindly subscribe to our newsletter below.
Alternatively, make sure you always check back on this page for Latest EBSU info on departmental cutoff marks.
Note that the cutoff marks below are EBSU departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic session.
EBSU departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 Academic Session
The general cut-off point for admission in EBSU for 2019/2020 academic session is 170 (one hundred and seventy) score in the JAMB/UTME. However, the minimum cut-off points required for admission/registration in the various departments are:
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Medicine and Surgery – 250 and above
- Anatomy – 180
- Physiology – 180
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
- Nursing Science – 230
- Medical Laboratory Science – 210
FACULTY OF LAW (FLAW)
- Civil Law – 230
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
- Biochemistry – 180
- Applied Microbiology – 180
- Applied Biology – 180
- Biotechnology – 180
- Computer Science – 190
- Geology and Exploration/Geophysics – 180
- Industrial Physics – 170
- Industrial Chemistry – 170
- Industrial Mathematic/Statistics – 170
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (FEDU)
- Art and Social Science and Education Option:
- Economics Education – 170
- Social Studies Education – 170
- English Education – 170
- Religion Education – 170
- Igbo Education – 170
Business Education Option
- Accountancy Education – 170
- Secretarial Studies Education – 170
Science Education Option:
- Computer Science Education – 170
- Physics Education – 170
- Chemistry Education – 170
- Biology Education – 170
- Mathematics Education – 170
- Integrated Science Education – 170
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Options
- Human Kinetics Education – 170
- Health Education – 170
Educational Foundation Option:
- Administration and Planning – 170
- Guidance and Counselling – 170
Technological and Vocational Education Option:
- Electrical/Electronics Technology Education – 170
- Mechanical Technology Education – 170
- Building Technology Education – 170
- Wood work Technology Education – 170
- Agricultural Education – 170
- Home Economics Education Department – 170
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Agric. Economics, Management and Extension – 180
- Food S cience and Technology – 180
- Crop and Landscape Management – 170
- Soil and Environmental Management – 170
- Animal Science – 170
- Fishery and Aquaculture – 170
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Public Administration – 180
- Business Management – 180
- Accountancy – 180
- Banking an d Finance – 180
- Marketing – 170
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES
- Economics – 180
- Political Science – 180
- Mass Communication – 180
- Psychology – 170
- Sociology and Anthropology – 170
- English Language and Literature – 170
- History and International Relations – 170
- Philosophy- 170
- Religion – 170
Languages and Linguistics – 170
- French – 170
- Igbo Linguistics – 170
Yeah! There you have EBSU departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020. As at the time this article was written, EBSU has not released her cutoff marks for the year (2020). Nonetheless, the university will release it very soon, and immediately that is done, it will be shared in this page. So make sure you subscribe to our newsletter for more updates on this news.
Important things you should know about admission into EBSU this 2020
JAMB is responsible for admitting students into EBSU merit list. Below is the quota system for students who are to be admitted into EBSU admission list in 2020.
Merit admission list: Here about 40 (forty) percent of each programme shall be selected as general merit (R/M)
Locality/Catchment (R/L): Also in this category, 40% of the quota of each
programme shall be selected and Spread among the 13 Federal recognized Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State.
ELDS: Educationally less developed states shall be discretionally applied if
constraints of the 2020/2021 NUC quota and prevailing imperative within EBSU
as a State University permits.
Meanwhile, be reminded that the states
recognized to be educationally less developed include: Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa,Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
Lastly, note that the information here can change at any time. In other words, an adjustment can be made to any of the requirements above because they are at the discretion of the school.
Okay! This is where I am going to stop in this post. Hope this was helpful? I believe that after reading this post, not aspirant of EBSU will call to ask me of the University’s official cutoff marks again.
Meanwhile, if you still have any good question to ask me on this topic, I would like to hear it. Kindly send your questions and contributions using the comment section below this.