UNILORIN cutoff mark for all courses in 2021/2022 session: Recently, aspirants of the prestigious UNILORIN have been seeking to know the actual cutoff mark for the courses in the university. This is because, there are a lot of fake news on the internet concerning UNILORIN departmental cutoff marks.
Well, if you are one of those aspirants, don’t worry because I have done some authentic research about UNILORIN cutoff mark for all courses in 2020/2021 session and how the university offers admission based on the cutoff marks.
In light of the above, i enjoin every aspirant of UNILORIN who really want to know whether the university has released her departmental cutoff marks or not, to read this post till the end.
For a better understanding of how UNILORIN offers admission to students, kindly check out the video below. In this video, I explained the difference between JAMB cutoff marks and university cutoff marks.
- Cheapest Universities to study law in Nigeria
- Most populated universities in Nigeria
- Best law firms in Nigeria 2020
Table of Content
Is UNILORIN Departmental cutoff marks for 2021/2022 out?
The answer is no! The prestigious University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has not yet released her 2021/2022 departmental cutoff marks. The reason for this delay is because of the pause in academic activities in Nigeria throughout last year. That notwithstanding, the university will be releasing her cutoff marks very soon.
In light of the above information, candidates who applied for admission into the University of Ilorin are highly encouraged to keep calm and continually check back on this website as we will update this post once the cutoff marks are released.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our newsletter below this post to get a special notification once the departmental cut marks are released.
Recommended: Best art courses to study in the university (2021)
UNILORIN 2020/2021 Cutoff marks
The University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has not yet released her cutoff marks for 2020/2021 admission. Nonetheless, i strongly believe that the university will release it on or before the end of September 2020. Thus, if you want to know when UNILORIN will release 2020 cutoff marks i enjoin you to check back this page in September. It must have been published then.
UNILORIN CutOff Mark For All Courses
Below are the official cutoff marks released by the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) for 2020/2021 session:
- Aquaculture and Fisheries – 180
- Agric – 180
- Food Science – 180
- Home Economics – 180
- Forestry and Wildlife – 180
- Arabic – 180
- English – 180
- French – 180
- History and International Studies – 180
- Linguistics – 180
- Yoruba – 180
- Hausa – 180
- Igbo – 180
- Performing Arts – 180
- Christian Studies – 180
- Islamic Studies – 180
- Comparative Religious Studies – 180
- Pharmacy – 230
- (Ed.) Social Studies – 180
- (Ed.) Economics Education – 180
- (Ed.) Geography Education – 180
- (Ed.) Social Studies – 180
- (Ed.) Educational Technology – 180
- (Ed.) Computer Science – 180
- (Ed.) Technology Education – 180
- (Ed.) Health Education – 180
- (Ed.) Primary Education Studies – 180
- (Ed) Adult Education Studies – 180
- (Ed.) Counsellor Education – 180
- (Ed.) Educational Management – 180
- (Ed.) Business Education – 180
- (Ed.) Human Kinetics Education – 180
- (Ed.) Biology Education – 180
- (Ed.) Chemistry Education – 180
- (Ed.) Maths Education – 180
- (Ed.) Physics Education – 180
- (Ed.) Agriculture – 180
- (Ed.) Arabic Education – 180
- (Ed.) Christian Studies Education – 180
- (Ed.) English Education – 180
- (Ed.) French Education – 180
- (Ed.) History Education – 180
- (Ed.) Islamic Studies Education – 180
- (Ed.) Yoruba Education – 180
- B.Eng. Water Resources and Environmental Engineering – 180
- Eng. Computer Engineering – 200
- B.Eng. Food Science and Technology – 180
- Eng. Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering – 180
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering – 200
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering – 200
- B.Eng. Electrical Engineering – 200
- B.Eng. Chemical Engineering – 200
- B.Eng. Metallurgical Engineering) – 180
- -B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering – 180
Architecture – 180
- Estate Management – 180
- Quantity Surveying – 180
- Surveying and Geo-informatics – 180
- Urban and Regional Planning – 180
- DVM – 190
- Common Law – 240
- Common & Islamic Law – 220
- Anatomy – 200
- Physiology – 200
- MBBS – 235
- Nursing Science – 210
- Computer Science – 200
- Mass Communication – 220
- Information and Communication Science – 180
- Library and Information Science – 180
- Telecommunication Science 180
- Doctor of Optometry – 190
- Bio-Chemistry – 200
- Microbiology – 200
- Plant Biology – 180
- Zoology – 180
- Industrial Chemistry – 180
- Applied Geophysics – 180
- Chemistry – 180
- Physics – 180
- Geology & Mineral Science – 180
- Mathematics – 180
- Statistics – 180
- Finance – 200
- Marketing – 180
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management – 180
- Public Administration – 180
- Accounting – 200
- Business Administration – 200
- Psychology – 180
- Social Work – 180
- Criminology and Security Studies – 190
- Economics – 210
- Geography – 180
- Political Science – 200
- Sociology – 190
Note that these cutoff marks are the minimum scores required from aspirants of UNILORIN in their JAMB UTME examination before they can be considered for admission.
What to do if you don’t meet the required cutoff mark
Well, the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) is a federal institution in Nigeria, and as every other federal institution, it is strict when offering admission. In other words, they barely consider candidates who do not meet up with their requirements.
Thus, I encourage students who scored far below the cutoff marks to kindly apply for a change of course once the form is available. On the other hand, if you score slightly below the required cutoff point, you still have a chance of gaining admission through the university’s supplementary admission list.
Other UNILORIN admission requirements
It is pertinent to note that reaching or not reaching the University’s admission cutoff mark does not mean that you will definitely be admitted into the school. The reason is because, reaching UNILORIN’s cutoff mark is not the only criterion required for admission. Below are other requirements for admission in UNILORIN:
- At least two A’ level passes chosen from your core subjects in addition to UTME requirement. (For direct entry)
- Five O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other courses related to your field of study.
- Lastly, candidates must also take part in the University’s post UTME screening for their courses if conducted and must do very well in the examination.
Note that there may be other special requirements for courses like Law, Medicine and surgery or Engineering not disclosed here.
- UNILAG cutoff mark for 2020/2021 is already out! Check out here
- UNN departmental cut off mark for 2020/2021
- Why lawyer are liars? See the reason why lawyers are called liars here
Yeah! This is all i can share concerning UNILORIN cutoff marks for 2020/2021 academic session. Remember to keep checking this page from time to time to know when UNILORIN cutoff marks for 2021/2022 will be released. Alternatively, you can subscribe to my newsletter below this post to get all my latest updates for free. That way, you will be informed whenever UNILORIN releases her 2021 cutoff marks.
Hope this post was helpful? Send your comments, questions and contributions using the comment section below. I will be glad to here from you.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.