To all the UNILAG aspirants who have been asking the question “when will UNILAG departmental cutoff marks be out?”, this is to inform you that the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has release her departmental cutoff mark for 2019/2020 academic session. Notice on the just released UNILAG department cutoff mark was made by the registrar of the institution via the university’s official website (www.unilag.edu.ng).
In light of this, If you wishe to gain admission into the University of Lagos (UNILAG) this year, quickly go through the cutoff marks below, find the cutoff mark stipulated for your desired course so that you will know your chances of getting admitted.
For those who do not know what UNILAG departmental cutoff mark is about; it is the minimum score fixed by the administrators of UNILAG for admitting students into her prestigious faculties. Thus, any candidate who does not meet up to the required cutoff mark may not be admitted into the University.
I enjoin you to watch the video below for a better understanding of the difference between JAMB cutoff mark and the Official UNILAG cutoff mark.
- Top richest lawyers in Nigeria
- UNN departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic session
- See where the fundamental human rights are in the constitution of Nigeria
- Most populated universities in Nigeria
Is UNILAG 2020/2021 departmental cutoff mark out?
No! The University Of Lagos (UNILAG) has not released her official 2020/2021 departmental cutoff mark yet. This is due to the current Corona virus pandemic that stopped the activities of the university.
Nonetheless, it is assured that the university will release her 2020 cutoff points immediately after the pandemic ends. Consequently, candidates that really want to gain admission into UNILAG are strongly advised to continue reading their books until the university becomes active again.
What is UNILAG JAMB cutoff mark in 2020?
It should be noted that UNILAG JAMB cutoff mark for 2020/2021 is 180. This inversely means that, before any candidate will be allowed to take UNILAG Post UTME examination, he/she must score up to 180 in JAMB UTME examination. Nevertheless, it is still to the discretion of UNILAG to increase or reduce.
UNILAG DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARKS FOR 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Creative Arts – 63.775
- English – 64. 64
- French – 61.9
- Russian – 59.425
- History and Strategic Studies – 64.375
- Linguistics Igbo – 56.25
- Linguistics Yoruba – 52.25
- Philosophy – 62.725
- CRK – 60.25
- IRK – 59.625
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Accounting – 72.95
- Actuarial Science – 66.75
- Insurance – 64
- Business Administration – 67.676
- Finance – 67.875
- Industrial Relations And Personnel Mgt – 64.975
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Medicine & Surgery – 81.373
- Physiotherapy – 73.45
- Radiography – 72.75
- Medical & Laboratory Science – 72.325
- Pharmacology – 71.2
- Physiology – 69.525
- Dentistry – 74. 05
FACULTY OF LAW
- Law – 73.975
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Chemical & Petroleum Engineering – 73.575
- Civil & Environmental Engineering – 72.025
- Computer Engineering – 76.65
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 77.425
- Mechanical Engineering – 78.65
- Metallurgical & Material Engineering – 70.6
- Petroleum & Gas Engineering – 72.75
- Surveying & Geo. Engineering – 67.3
- System Engineering – 77.45
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Adult Education – 58.2
- Education Economics – 64. 5
- Education Business – 62.9
- Education Islamic Religion Studies – 60.075
- Education Igbo – NIL
- Education English – 64.3
- Education Early Childhood – 62.375
- Education Yoruba – 52.225
- Education French – 55.75
- Education History – 58.975
- Education Christian Religion Studies – 59.7
- Education Geography – 55.825
- Educational Administration – 60.825
- Educational Foundations – 60.775
- Health Education – 55.475
- Human Kinetics – 56.375
- Education Biology – 58.6
- Education Chemistry – 56.3
- Education Home Economics – 54.577
- Education Integrated Science – 48.95
- Education Mathematics – 57.05
- Education Physics – 54.25
- Education Technology – 57.45
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Biochemistry – 69. 575
- Botany – 60.725
- Cell Biology & Genetics – 65.6
- Chemistry – 65.5
- Computer Science – 74.625
- Geology – 66.875
- Geophysics – 67.6
- Marine Biology – 62.625
- Fisheries – 57.675
- Mathematics – 66.85
- Microbiology – 66.85
- Physics – 63.1
- Zoology – 60.025
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics – 71.55
- Geography – 59.975
- Mass Communication – 69.65
- Political Science – 66.125
- Psychology – 66.975
- Social Work – 63.35
- Sociology – 65.2
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Pharmacy – 75.3
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Architecture – 74.7
- Building – 65.525
- Estate Management – 65
- Quantity Surveying – 65.6
- Urban & Regional Planning – 58
UNILAG Cutoff Marks in PDF
If you wish to get the full document where the above cutoff marks are contained, kindly click the text below. This document contains the cutoff marks of some particular states (ELDs)
To view the this document, follow the steps below:
- Download the departmental cutoff marks by clicking on the link above.
- Open the file in a PFD reader app or WPS
- Search for your course in the document and you will be able to view the cutoff mark for your desired course.
Note: You can only open the above document in a computer or a smart phone.
How to Calculate UNILAG Aggregate Score
To calculate your UNILAG aggregate score, it is important to note that both your JAMB score, Post UTME and O’level grades must be considered. Kindly follow the steps below to calculate your UNILAG aggregate:
Step 1: Calculate your O’level subjects using the grading system below:
- A1 = 4.0
- B2 = 3.6
- B3 = 3.2
- C4 = 2.8
- C5 = 2.4
- C6 = 2.0
This calculation must be done only on your five important subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive).
Step 2: Divide your JAMB score by 8 and keep the result aside.
Step 3: Now, add the results of the calculations above (O’level grade and JAMB score) plus your UNILAG post UTME screening score.
Whenever you get after this step three above is you finally UNILAG aggregate.
UNILAG 2020/2020 Admission Requirements For All Courses
It is imperative to note that UNICAL will not only consider this cutoff mark when offering admission this year. To gain admission into any department in UNILAG, aspirants must meet all the admission requirements of UNILAG. Below are the requirements for admission in UNILAG this 2020:
- Candidates must have at least 5(five) credits (English and mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. Note that O’level result can be you WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB examination result.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 at the time the admission was offered.
- More so, candidates who wish to gain admission into UNILAG must take part in the university’s post UTME screening. Candidates must also pass very well in the examination.
- UTME candidates must score at least 180 before they can be allowed to take UNILAG’s Post UTME screening.
CHECK HERE for more information on UNILAG admission requirements for 2020.
Okay! Above are the courses in the University of Lagos (UNILAG) and their cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic session. Don’t forget to always check back this page or subscribe to the newsletter below for updates on UNILAG Cutoff Marks 2020/2021 session.
Meanwhile, if you have any question concerning UNILAG admission, don’t hesitate to direct it to me using the comment section below. I will be glad to put you through.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.