To all the 2019/2020 UNILAG aspirants who have been asking the question “when will UNILAG departmental cutoff marks be out”, note that the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has release her departmental cutoff mark for 2019/2020 academic session. Notice on the just released UNILAG department cutoff mark was made via the university’s official website (www.unilag.edu.ng) today.
In light of this, I enjoin every 2019 aspirant who wishes to gain admission into the University of Lagos (UNILAG) to quickly go through the cutoff marks below, find the cutoff mark stipulated for their desired course to know whether or not they will be admitted into the university.
For those who do not know what UNILAG departmental cutoff mark is about; it is the minimum score fixed by the administrators of UNILAG for admitting students into her prestigious faculties. Thus, any candidate who does not meet up to the required cutoff mark may not be admitted into the University.
Is UNILAG 2019/2020 departmental cutoff mark out?
The answer is YES. University Of Lagos (UNILAG) has finally release her 2019/2020 departmental cutoff mark. NOTE that UNILAG 2019/2020 departmental cutoff marks were officially released in PDF format. In this post, I will disclose the general cutoff marks and also give you the PDF document of the cutoff marks to download. Now, scroll down to view UNILAG departmental cutoff marks for 2019 session below.
What is UNILAG JAMB cutoff mark in 2019?
It should be noted that UNILAG JAMB cutoff mark for 2019/2020 is 180. This inversely means that, before any candidate will be allowed to take UNILAG Post UTME examination, he/she must score up to 180 in JAMB UTME examination. Nevertheless, it is still to the discretion of UNILAG to increase or reduce.
UNILAG DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARKS FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Creative Arts – 63.775
- English – 64. 64
- French – 61.9
- Russian – 59.425
- History and Strategic Studies – 64.375
- Linguistics Igbo – 56.25
- Linguistics Yoruba – 52.25
- Philosophy – 62.725
- CRK – 60.25
- IRK – 59.625
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Accounting – 72.95
- Actuarial Science – 66.75
- Insurance – 64
- Business Administration – 67.676
- Finance – 67.875
- Industrial Relations And Personnel Mgt – 64.975
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Medicine & Surgery – 81.373
- Physiotherapy – 73.45
- Radiography – 72.75
- Medical & Laboratory Science – 72.325
- Pharmacology – 71.2
- Physiology – 69.525
- Dentistry – 74. 05
FACULTY OF LAW
- Law – 73.975
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Chemical & Petroleum Engineering – 73.575
- Civil & Environmental Engineering – 72.025
- Computer Engineering – 76.65
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 77.425
- Mechanical Engineering – 78.65
- Metallurgical & Material Engineering – 70.6
- Petroleum & Gas Engineering – 72.75
- Surveying & Geo. Engineering – 67.3
- System Engineering – 77.45
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Adult Education – 58.2
- Education Economics – 64. 5
- Education Business – 62.9
- Education Islamic Religion Studies – 60.075
- Education Igbo – NIL
- Education English – 64.3
- Education Early Childhood – 62.375
- Education Yoruba – 52.225
- Education French – 55.75
- Education History – 58.975
- Education Christian Religion Studies – 59.7
- Education Geography – 55.825
- Educational Administration – 60.825
- Educational Foundations – 60.775
- Health Education – 55.475
- Human Kinetics – 56.375
- Education Biology – 58.6
- Education Chemistry – 56.3
- Education Home Economics – 54.577
- Education Integrated Science – 48.95
- Education Mathematics – 57.05
- Education Physics – 54.25
- Education Technology – 57.45
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Biochemistry – 69. 575
- Botany – 60.725
- Cell Biology & Genetics – 65.6
- Chemistry – 65.5
- Computer Science – 74.625
- Geology – 66.875
- Geophysics – 67.6
- Marine Biology – 62.625
- Fisheries – 57.675
- Mathematics – 66.85
- Microbiology – 66.85
- Physics – 63.1
- Zoology – 60.025
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics – 71.55
- Geography – 59.975
- Mass Communication – 69.65
- Political Science – 66.125
- Psychology – 66.975
- Social Work – 63.35
- Sociology – 65.2
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Pharmacy – 75.3
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Architecture – 74.7
- Building – 65.525
- Estate Management – 65
- Quantity Surveying – 65.6
- Urban & Regional Planning – 58
UNILAG Cutoff Marks in PDF
If you wish to get the full document where the above cutoff marks are contained, kindly click the text below. This document contains the cutoff marks of some particular states (ELDs)
To view the this document, follow the steps below:
- Download the departmental cutoff marks by clicking on the link above.
- Open the file in a PFD reader app or WPS
- Search for your course in the document and you will be able to view the cutoff mark for your desired course.
Note: You can only open the above document in a computer or a smart phone.
UNILAG 2019/2020 Admission Requirements
It is imperative to note that UNICAL will not only consider this cutoff mark when offering admission this year. To gain admission into any department in UNILAG, aspirants must meet all the admission requirements of UNILAG. Below are the requirements for admission in UNILAG this 2019:
- Candidates must have at least 5(five) credits (English and mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. Note that O’level result can be you WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB examination result.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 at the time the admission was offered.
- More so, candidates who wish to gain admission into UNILAG must take part in the university’s post UTME screening. Candidates must also pass very well in the examination.
- UTME candidates must score at least 180 before they can be allowed to take UNILAG’s Post UTME screening.
You may also want to read:
Okay! Above are the courses offered in University of Lagos (UNILAG) and their departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic session. In my opinion, any candidate who scored anything too far from the cutoff mark should apply for a change of course form immediately. However, if your score is not too low, then you just have to pray for the university to include your name in her supplementary list.
Edeh Chukwuemeka Samuel is a certified Mediator and Conciliator in Nigeria. He is currently a student at the Faculty of Law, University of Nigeria. Samuel is bent on disseminating authentic information to every part of the world.