10 Best Programming Languages for Hacking: In the internet-enhanced world we find ourselves today, the subject of ‘Hacking’ is something that can virtually grab anyone’s attention. There is quite a plethora of reasons why people hack. It could be for the protection of their own software or just for the sheer ‘naughtiness’ of accessing data from the dark web.
Hacking in itself can be defined as the maneuvering of several protocols to access very important information or data in a software. This is a crucial skill, as information is a very delicate subject that has made or destroyed entities right from the beginning.
After the birth of the internet and software, hackers became a menace – collecting data from computers and software for their own interests which could include third-party trading. Also, because of how powerful the tool of hacking was and still is, just anyone with the right level of programming could even think of using hacking to access very security-sensitive issues. This was when ‘ethical hackers’ came into the picture. They came in to help governments and organizations build or create protective firewalls around their software against cyberattacks.
Also see: Easiest programming languages to learn
Here are the types of hacking;
1. White Hat Hacking/ Ethical Hacking.
2. Grey Hat Hacking.
3. Black Hat Hacking.
1. White Hat: White hat hackers are hackers that conduct only legal hacking with permissions from the government or institution that is their employer. These hackers have no malicious intentions whatsoever, neither do they intend on following an illegal route. They mostly program a software in a way that would protect it from the ‘black hackers’.
2. Grey Hat: These set of hackers might not necessarily possess an intention to harm any individual though they could break a few rules as they go. They are not exactly the good guys as some of their protocols are still illegal.
3. Black Hat: These hackers are those that have both malicious intentions and a habit of crossing legal boundaries with their hacking. Their activity is completely illegal and prohibited. This grouping is arguably the most famous of the three.
At this point, one could ask the question of the importance or relationship between hacking and programming. It is however, important to know that a good programmer makes for a good hacker. What this means is that to become an expert at maneuvering software, just like in relationships with humans, you must be conversant with its programming in the first place. This is why we made a list of ten programming languages you can try;
Recommended: How long does it take to learn Python? See Answer
Best Programming Languages for Hacking in 2021
1. Python: This is quite possibly the most popular and loved programming language right now due to its workability and easy-to-understand syntax. One of the perks of using Python is the fact that there is close to no compilation of codes.
One of the areas in which python functions adequately is web design. It is also worthy to note that it can be used in all locations and with its ever-growing community, questions and doubts are taken care off in record time!
2. Java: Java is famous among mobile tech base. Since the introduction of java, a lot people are getting more and more interested in programming because of the wide-spread nature of the language. It is virtually in everything ranging from phones to laptops etc.
It has a very lovely interface and anyone with basic knowledge of programming would do just fine.
Recommended: How to become a successful business entrepreneur
4. PHP: Otherwise known as ‘Personal Home Pages’, PHP is one language that gives you a good layout of a particular website or platform. You can then discover the loopholes that exist there and then exploit them.
Some people may refer to this as the ‘easiest’ language in programming because of the large domain of documents in this particular language. It is however our recommendation that you start out with java and python and slowly build your way up from there.
Also see: Best tech companies in Canada
5. HTML: It is also known as ‘Hypertext Markup Language’. Its strongest area of expertise is web pages. From Mozilla Firefox to Google chrome, if you intend working on a webpage, (in the absence of java) This the language for you. The downside to the language rests on the limited range of hacks you can do on the platform.
6. C/C++: The C/C++ is more or less a general-purpose language, even as an extension of the C language. This is a language I would introduce to beginners that are finding their footing in web design and programming. This because the programming involved is clear and easier to following than most languages on our list.
7. Scheme: This is quite a conventional programming language that offers you basic steps to hacking and a clean and clear result. If time is that big of deal for a programmer, they can access a tidy version of their works in a short period of time.
We recommend this language for programmers that are just starting out and are not very certain of how the whole thing works. The only edge a programming language like Java has over this one is the fact that there are a whole lot of apps that won’t function properly without Java.
8. Ruby: If you want to be a HACKER and you’re interested in a web language that is perfect for corporate systems, this is a great language to start from.
Ruby has just the right amount of flexibility during coding. There is need for a crucial language for become skilled at the art of creating and organizing functioning scripts, and Ruby creates different sizes.
RECOMMENDED: Top 10 Best side jobs for students
9. Perl: Perl is one programming language that that has an extendable nature. What this means basically is that it allows for several programs to run at the same time. It is a little old, but old-heads and professional programmers still prefer this one over several others due to the fact that it is way easier to use and understand with its familiar library.
10. SQL: This language is another programming language that is a little dated as it was created in the 1970s. The thing with old languages is that they can be very efficient able to do the jo, regardless of speed and several other factors.
Recommended: Most difficult programming languages to learn
In conclusion, the above types of programming languages can help you in your hacking journey. The meaning and types of hacking are also very clear to you. Even with this list, a lot of people may still not be sure on which language to pick. The trick is basically deciding on which of the programming languages work best for you and the sort of hacking you want to embark on.
The device in use is also very important. Remember that a sound programming language makes for an easier hacking process. We also encourage that you start hacking with the right intentions to prevent you from being blacklisted as a web criminal.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.