How To Prepare For An Exam in One Day: The test is a ladder to success that can only identify applicants who are studying firmly, patiently, and wisely; a student who separates his life from his studies does not realize that it is possible to ascend this ladder. Exams are the last obstacle students must clear to move on to the next level. Every student must take the tests at the conclusion of their academic year since they carry a lot of weight.
No matter how much you have studied during the year, do your best to study and be ready for the exam in the last few days before it. Every student must be aware of certain helpful study techniques for this reason.
Here are some practical strategies for finishing things off while studying for finals in a day.
Recommended: Most Difficult Examinations in the world
How To Study And Prepare For An Exam in 24 Hours
1. Managing time: Utilize the time that is left to prepare and review the subjects. Instead of rehashing the same themes, keep note of what you’ve revised.
To ensure that you have time to study all the courses, develop a balanced study timetable. Avoid blending all the topics together at once. To achieve this, create a schedule of all the things you must do.
2. Make revision notes: It is challenging to review every topic before the exams because of the extensive syllabus of disciplines. Prepare brief, concise notes that are straight to the point for the main subjects that you may use to review for the exam.
Stay away from the cramming since you risk forgetting what you learnt. Instead, have a look at your quick notes that you made while the class was discussing the topic. As reviewing the notes during the final preparation might assist you in remembering all the key elements and producing quality responses
3. Never cram the day of the exam: Before the start of the exam, almost all of the students have a habit of studying and cramming material.
This is entirely the incorrect approach. It is advised not to read about new subjects before the exam because you can forget what you already remembered. Preparing for a test through studying is similar to cramming. In addition, cramming will cause you to forget what you have previously studied.
4. Answer questions from previous years’ exams: Solving previous test papers is among the most efficient ways to study for examinations when you don’t have much time. It will assist you in comprehending the structure of the question papers and the expected time restriction for the examination.
Practice outdated question paper sets while you study for exams to get a sense of the kinds of questions you could encounter.
Recommended: How to prepare and pass any scholarship examination
5. Write neatly and well presented: It is more likely that you will receive excellent grades in the topics if you present your answer sheet correctly. In order to become acclimated to writing quality replies, practice writing better answers before the tests. Make the most of your time to achieve the best results.
6. Within 5 hours, revise: First and foremost, avoid touching untaught chapters or uncovered curriculum a few days before tests. If you must, simply keep in mind the three R’s, which are crucial.
Every new concept you acquire has to be reviewed, recapped, and reinforced within a 5-hour period. According to science, if you don’t, you won’t recall 80% of the material you’ve read.
To ensure that it stays in your mind for a long time, revise it within 5 hours.
7. Changing Subject Categories: There are several subject categories that may be characterized as Memory-dependent, Problem-solving assessment, and Interpretation-base subjects before you begin your study. You should switch between each topic category over a lengthy amount of study time in order to learn most effectively.
Avoid multitasking when studying. This is one of the finest strategies for studying faster. Study a subject or topic until you are an expert on it.
8. Get adequate rest: Since the majority of students remain up all night prepping for tests, this stage is crucial when it comes to rigorous study. But this is incorrect!
Never forget that getting enough sleep is what transforms your short-term memory—everything you’ve learnt so far—into a long-term retaining memory (what you can recall while sitting in the exam hall).
9. Stay calm: Be careful not to become too stressed. While studying for the exams, remember that they are simply tests. Yes, you have a large course load to complete, and there are a lot of expectations. But resist letting anxiety override your planning.
If a question on the exam appears too difficult, answer the remainder of the questions you are familiar with before going back to the one you skipped. Remain composed and assure yourself that you can handle everything.
10. Take good care of yourself: Even if you have plenty of time for examinations or not, it is crucial to keep a healthy lifestyle. Start the day with a nutritious breakfast, followed by a light lunch and dinner to keep your mind sharp and active all day. Avoid eating foods that have undergone extensive processing, such as greasy junk food and sugary drinks.
In order to think your best, remember that proper nourishment is essential. Say no to fast food, and yes to healthful home-cooked meals. Maintaining a balanced, healthy diet is vital since it will always be beneficial to you.
Also see: Major Problems in Ghana and Solutions
11. Turn off social media: It could seem difficult! However, you may benefit much from a little sacrifice. After all, social media won’t disappear anytime soon, right? Keep the distraction at bay for a while, preferably for 24 hours until your examinations are over. Don’t use your mobile devices while you’re studying or temporarily delete all of your social media accounts.
12. Describe your responses to others: To exchange knowledge and promote learning, consider group studies. By clarifying your responses to the questions, you can have the upper hand in studies. This can not only aid in improving your memorization skills but also point out any areas in which you are lacking and will require extra effort.
13. Attend each and every exam: Take advantage of any reviews or study sessions your teacher may be giving. Your teacher will naturally concentrate on the subject covered in the final, which will assist you in focusing on what is most crucial. Additionally, you are free to talk to any instructor about any difficulties you are having.
14. Plan your exam day: Don’t wait until the day of the exam to suddenly discover you don’t know the way or what you’re meant to bring; make sure you have everything ready well in advance. Examine all the guidelines, plan your route, and estimate your travel time. Run the journey as a trial run if at all possible. Write down specific instructions if not.
Determine how long it will take to get there and then allow more time. You really don’t want to arrive having to sprint the first half or feeling disoriented after getting lost. Alternatively, if you know your friends or classmates will be on time for the exam, you might arrange to get there together.
Recommended: Countries With The Best Government In The World 2022
These are a few exam study techniques to improve your exam results significantly in 24 hours. They’ll help you organize your study strategy, remember important details, maintain concentration, and feel confident when you take examinations. So, stop stressing and start succeeding every minute.
You must, however, make plans for the time you have available. Various run-up lengths play to different strengths, and you can’t always rely on your favored revising methods to fit the time you have.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.