This is to formally inform the general public that the prestigious Lagos State University (LASU) has finally release her school fees schedule for 2020/2021 academic session. This notice on the just released LASU school fees was made to the general public through the university’s official website at www.lasu.edu.ng.
Based on the above information, I highly advise old and new students of the prestigious Lagos State University to proceed to pay their school fee following the required steps. It is also pertinent for all new students to note that the payment of school fees and acceptance fee is compulsory in the university, as that is part of the clearance process for students.
Table of Content
- 1 Is Lagos State University school fees for 2021 out?
- 2 Lagos State University School Fee structure
- 3 How much is LASU Acceptance fee?
- 4 LASU School Fees For 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 5 Steps to pay LASU School Fees Online (Step by step)
- 6 How To Pay LASU Acceptance Fees (For new students only)
Is Lagos State University school fees for 2021 out?
No! Lagos State university has not yet released her school fees for 2021/2022 academic session. Apparently, the reason for this is because the university has been closed down for some time due to the Corona virus pandemic in 2020.
Nonetheless, I believe that as school activities will resume in 2021, a new school fees will be released through the school’s website for old and new students.
If you wish to see the LASU school fees for the previous years, kindly scroll below.
Important notice: Students are to note that due to the situation of the country currently and the just ended Corona virus pandemic, LASU school fees for old and new students will increase. Students are not to expect the regular fees they used to pay before.
Old students should also note that the university has adopted a policy known as “no fees, no examination“. What it simply means is that; students who fail to pay their fees will not be allowed to write their examinations. In short, they will be chased out of their examination halls. For this reason, it is very important to pay your fees as soon as possible to avoid any problem from the University body.
Lagos State University School Fee structure
As in the case of many institutions in Nigeria, Lagos State University (LASU) has a structural way students pay their fees.
From first to final year the fee keeps getting lower and lower. Take for example, first year students pay higher (about 150k depending on the course) because they have to be cleared by the school management. After the first year, students will pay lower than the amount they paid in first year. And that is how it goes till final year. That is undoubtedly why LASU is among the cheapest universities in Nigeria currently😁
How much is LASU Acceptance fee?
For first year students of the university, Lagos state University (LASU) acceptance fee is N30,000. This amount is general for all faculties and departments in the university. Nevertheless, it is imperative to note that you will not be allowed to pay LASU school fee until you pay your acceptance fee because, your payment of acceptance fee shows that you have accepted the admission offered to you.
- UNN school fee for 2020/2021 academic session.
- Cheapest universities in Nigeria: Top 10
- Less competitive universities in Nigeria that gives admission easily
LASU School Fees For 2019/2020 Academic Session
Below are the courses in Lagos State University (LASU) and their fees in 2019/2020:
|LASU school fees for Industrial relations and personnel management||N113,250|
|LASU school fee for Accounting||N113,250|
|School fee for Management||N113,250|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||N113,250|
|Public and international affairs||N113,250|
|Transport Planning and Management…||N113,250|
Faculty of Law
|Commercial and Industrial Law||…N115,750|
|Private and Property Law||…N115,750|
|LASU school fee for Legal Studies||…N115,750|
|LASU school fee for Jurisprudence and International Law||…N115,750|
Faculty of Arts
|LASU school fee for English Language||N113,250|
|Linguistics, African and Asian||N113,250|
|LASU school fee for Philosophy||N113,250|
|LASU school fee for History||N113,250|
|Creative Art: Visual Arts||N113,250|
|Creative Art: Theatre Arts||N113,250|
|LASU school fee for Creative Art: Music||N113,250|
|European Languages (French and Russian)||.N113,250|
Faculty of Engineering
|Chemical and Polymer Engineering||N115,750|
|LASU school fee for Electronic and Computer Engineering||N115,750|
Faculty of Education
|Guidance and Counseling||.N113,250|
|Adult Education Management||.N113,250|
|Adult Literacy and Non Formal Education||.N113,250|
|Integrated Science Education||.N113,250|
|Social Studies Education||.N113,250|
|Human Kinetics and Health Education||.N113,250|
|Home Economics Education||N113,250|
|English Literature Education||N113,250|
|Christian Religious Studies||.N113,250|
|Islamic Studies Education||.N113,250|
|Educational Administration and Planning||.N113,250|
|Physiology of Education||.N113,250|
|Sociology of Education||.N113,250|
Faculty of Sciences
|Mathematics and Statistics||N115,750|
School Of Basic Medical Sciences (BMS)
School of Clinical Sciences
|LASU school fee for Medicine and Surgery||N115,750|
|LASU school fee for Dentistry||N115,750|
Steps to pay LASU School Fees Online (Step by step)
Now that you have known the stipulated school fee for your course in LASU, it is very important to show now you can pay your school online. To pay LASU school fee online, follow the steps below:
- Visit LASU official website using the link below:
- Under “student service” at the bottom of the page.
- Next is to click on payment service under the student service.
- Select “school fees payment”.
- When the next page appears, input your matriculation number, click on the box allotted for application type toselect a payment option, e.g- undergraduate.
- When the next page appears, click on proceed/continue. Then a payment ID will come up(copy it out and proceed to quick teller).
- Now, you can enter your credit card details and make the payment online. Note that your might be asked to enter your OTP.
- The OTP cpde is usually sent to your phone number. So just copy it immediately it is sent.
How To Pay LASU Acceptance Fees (For new students only)
I believe you must have paid your acceptance fee as a fresh student of LASU, because it is one of the first things you are supposed to do (even before paying your school fee). However, if you have not have not paid yet, kindly follow the instructions below to pay your LASU acceptance fee immediately.
Note that fresh students must first accept their admission before they will be pay school fee.
- Login to LASU E-Payment portal using the link below:
- In the space provided, enter your UTME Registration Number (JAMB Reg number) in the Column marked with Matric Number/PaymentID/Application Number.
- Click on “Main Campus” in the Column for “Campus”
- Click on “Undergraduate” in the Column for “Study Type”.
- Next is to click on “Proceed” to continue the payment process.
- After clicking “proceed” your details will be displayed on the screen with the amount you are expected to pay.
- Simply confirm your details and click on “proceed” again.
- Now, an invoice will be automatically generated for you. Make sure you pay the complete money using the invoice generated and that is all.
Okay! This is everything you need to know about LASU school fee for this academic session. Remember to always check back on this page to know when LASU 2020/2021 school fee will be officially released. More so, if you have any question or contribution on any of the processes discussed above, don’t hesitate to share it using my comment section.
Hope this post was helpful? Make sure you share with other students of Lagos state university (LASU) so they will also know the latest update on LASU school fee for 2021/2022 academic season.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.