Information reaching me just now shows that the propular Abia State University (ABU) has eventually released the long awaited departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic season. Notice on the just released ABSU departmental cutoff marks was made known to me by a reliable student of the university. Accordingly, it has been corroborated and published in the university’s official website (@ abiastateuniversity.edu.ng)
Based on this information, aspirants of the prestigious Abia State University (ABSU) who applied for admission into the university in 2019/2020, are advised to quickly scroll down this page to see the stipulated cutoff marks for the all the departments in ABSU.
As for those that do not know what ABSU departmental cutoff marks are and why they are important; note that ABSU departmental cutoff marks are those scores/marks fixed by the management of the prestigious ABSU for for admitting students into the various faculties and departments in the university.
In fact, ABSU Departmental Cutoff Marks are also one of the requirements for admission because, any aspirant that does not meet the university’s cutoff mark may not be admitted into the university this session.
Table of Content
- 1 Is ABSU cutoff marks for 2020/2021 out?
- 2 ABSU departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic season
- 3 General ABSU admission requirements in 2020/2021
Is ABSU cutoff marks for 2020/2021 out?
No! The Management of Abia State University (ABSU) has not yet released her departmental cutoff marks for 2020/2021 academic session. Currently, any ABSU cutoff mark you can find online is that of last year (2019). Hopefully, the university will release her departmental cutoff marks before the end of August 2020.
Meanwhile, if you want to be informed whenever ABSU 2020/2021 departmental cutoff marks are finally released, i enjoin you to subscribe to the newsletter below this post. Alternatively, you can always check back on this page, from time to time, to read my latest update on the ABSU departmental cutoff marks.
ABSU departmental cutoff marks for 2019/2020 academic season
Below the departments in Abia State University (ABSU) and their various cutoff marks:
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Accountancy – 200
- Banking & Finance – 200
- Economics – 180
- Management – 200
- Marketing – 200
- Public Administration – 200
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Animal Science & Fisheries – 190
- Agric. Economics & Extension – 190
- Crop Production & Protection – 180
- Soil Science – 180
- Food Science & Technology – 190
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Education/Government – 180
- Education/Accountancy – 180
- Education/Administration & Planning – 180
- Education/Agricultural Science – 180
- Education/Business Studies – 180
- Education/Chemistry – 180
- Education/Economics – 180
- Education/Management & Planning – 180
- Education/English & Literature – 180
- Education/Foundations – 180
- Education/French – 180
- Education/Guidance & Counselling – 180
- Education/History & International Relations – 180
- Education/Igbo – 180
- Education/Library Science – 180
- Education/Mathematics – 200
- Education/Geography – 180
- Education/Integrated Science – 180
- Education/Physics – 200
- Education/Political Science – 180
- Education/Religion – 180
- Education/Fine & Applied Arts – 180
- Education/Social Studies – 180
- Education/Biology – 200
- Education/Home Economics – 180
FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL & PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Animal & Environmental Biology – 200
- Industrial Chemistry – 200
- Biochemistry – 210
- Industrial Physics – 200
- Mathematics – 200
- Microbiology – 200
- Plant Science & Biotechnology – 220
- Statistics – 200
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Architecture – 220
- Building Technology & Civil Engineering – 190
- Environmental Resources Management – 200
- Estate Management – 200
- Fine & Applied Arts – 200
- Urban & Regional Planning – 200
- Geography & Planning – 210
FACULTY OF LAW
- Law – 240
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- English Language & Literature – 200
- Foreign Language & Translation Studies – 190
- Government & Public Administration – 200
- History & International Relations – 200
- Igbo – 180
- Linguistics & Communication studies – 200
- Library & Information Science – 200
- Information Science – 200
- Mass Communication – 200
- Religious Studies – 190
- Sociology – 200
- Political Science – 200
- French – 160
- Philosophy – 180
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- Dentistry – 210
- Medicine & Surgery – 240
- Nursing Science – 220
- Optometry – 200
Haven known the required cutoff mark for admission into all the departments in Abia State University (ABSU), it is also pivotal to know that cutoff marks are not the only requirement for admission into ABSU.
Thus, while you are trying to meet up with the cutoff mark above, ensure that you also meet the other requirements for admission into the school.
General ABSU admission requirements in 2020/2021
Below are some of the general requirements for admission into Abia State University (ABSU):
- Candidates seeking for admission into ABSU must have, at least, an O’level Credit (C) in 5 relevant subjects to the candidate’s course of study (English Language and mathematics inclusive). O’level results may in GCE, WASCE, SSCE or NECO result.
- Candidates are not allowed to combine more that two sittings results for admission.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered.
- No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- To Apply for ABSU post UTME screening examination, candidates must score, at least, 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Both UTME and Direct candidates who wish to gain admission into ABSU must take part in the university’s post UTME examination and pass excellently well.
Note that ABSU accepts first and second choice candidates candidates for admission Into her faculties. You can read more on that here!
Okay! This is all I have concerning the just released ABSU departmental cutoff marks. Remember to always check back on this page if you really want to be informed when ABSU 2020/2021 departmental cutoff marks will be out. For the main time, get prepared for the university’s post UTME examination and try to meet other admission requirements of the university this year.
Lastly, if you have any question or confusion concerning this publication, please let me know using the comment section below. I promise to help you out.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.