FUNAAB admission requirements 2023/2024: Are you an aspirant of the prestigious Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta? If yes, this post is for you! Today, I will be discussing the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements of FUNAAB. In light of that, I enjoin every aspirant of this university to keep calm and read the content of this page very carefully.
First of all, It is important to know that FUNAAB admission requirements are like the criteria used by the management of the school to measure is eligible and who is not eligible for admission. In other words, candidates that do not met the admission requirements of the institution may not be offered admission into the institution this session. This is the core reason why you shouldn’t joke with the information contained in this page.
But before I will move into the crux of today’s work, I would like to show you some information about the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta that you probably don’t know.
- Latest 2023/2024 News and Updates from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- How many admission list does FUNAAB releases every year? See answers here
- 5 ways to gain admission without Jamb
- List of schools that offer admission easily in Nigeria
- How to answer law problem questions using IRAC method
About the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) is widely acknowledged as one of the leading academic institutions in Nigeria, specifically renowned for its excellence in the realm of agriculture and its associated fields of study. The institution is well recognized for its outstanding academic performance and significant research achievements in these specific areas. The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is classified as a tertiary educational institution that is both owned and operated by the Federal government of Nigeria.
The establishment of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, often referred to as FUNAAB, took place on 1 January 1988. This occurred as a result of the Federal Government’s decision to demerge four previously integrated institutions of technology in 1984. As a result, the establishment of the first two agricultural universities in Abeokuta and Makurdi occurred. The institution under discussion is among the trio of agricultural universities in Nigeria, with the other two being in Makurdi (Benue State) and Umudike (Abia State).
Recommended: Most Dangerous Foods in The World
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) provides an extensive array of undergraduate degree programs. These include a wide range of disciplines, including agriculture, science, and engineering. Several captivating courses are available for enrollment, including;
Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
Animal Breeding and Genetics
Animal Production and Health
Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
Environmental Management and Toxicology
Forestry and Wildlife Management
Pasture and Range Management
Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
Plant Physiology and Crop Production
Soil Science and Land Management
Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Food Science and Technology
Home Science and Management
Hospitality and Tourism
Nutrition and Dietetics.
Pure and Applied Botany
Pure and Applied Zoology
Recommended: Most Expensive Universities In The World
FUNAAB Admission Requirements for UTME Candidates
Below are the admission requirements for UTME admission into the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB):
- Candidates must possess Five (5) SSCE credit passes (Including English language and mathematics). This could be in WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or any other equivalent result.
- Candidates must make the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) their first choice of institution during JAMB UTME registration.
- Candidates must score at least 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination to be considered for admission.
- Candidates are required to choose the correct and official subject combination for their courses. Wrong subject combination may not be accepted by the school management.
- Candidates are expected to participate in FUNAAB post UTME screening and pass excellently well to be offered admission.
FUNAAB Admission Requirements for Direct entry candidates
Below are the requirements for Direct Entry admission into the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB):
- Direct entry candidates must possess Five (5) SSCE credit passes (Including English language and mathematics). This could be in WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or any equivalent result.
- Candidates are also expected to have at least two A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB passes in the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Zoology/Botany.
- More so, Direct Entry candidates are expected to have a minimum of UPPER CREDIT at ND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related areas from a recognized institution.
- Direct entry candidates with above 180 in JAMB UTME must also participate in FUNAAB post UTME examination and pass excellently.
Note: It is important to note that the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) actually allow two sittings result for both UTME and Direct Entry admission.
Thus, candidates can choose to use more than one O’level result for admission into the institution. You might want to see how to combine results for admission here.
DE Candidates are to note that, In the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Direct Entry candidates are acceptable for admission into 200 Level instantaneously.
- Best education websites in Nigeria: Top 10
- Most populated universities universities in Nigeria
- Best universities to study engineering in 2020
- Best science courses to study in the university
- Best commercial courses to study in the university
By way of conclusion, i enjoin you to make sure that you meet this requirements if you really want to gain admission into the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB). More so, don’t forget to share this information to as many FUNAAB aspirant as you can. You might save someone from making a very big mistake by doing so.
Lastly, I would love to entertain questions if you have any. Tell me any thing you don’t understand concerning FUNAAB admission process using the comment section below this post and I will give you a reply as soon as possible.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.