Best Love Songs Of All Times: Music is a literary art which has the effect of reflecting on life. Music is a very flexible art in the sense that it revolves around and suits in, in every realms of life, and there are no restrictions as long as it is pleasant to the ear. Through music, communications about life are made. Music goes beyond just life to connect to the souls, hence its reference to as the universal language of the soul.
The subject matter of a song may be love, politics, religion or any subject matter at all. Being an art, there is always a central idea that can be deducted from songs, unless the artist has chosen to be directionless. Love matters are matters of the heart. When the right spot is gotten, it does hit the audience differently. What makes a love song beautiful is the degree of its connection to the soul.
This is usually dictated by the rhythmical composition of the song, the style, the lyrics, the message of the song, the voicing and the accompanying instruments. The love songs on this list have remained unshackled on their feeling and world rating.
Recommended: Advantages and Disadvantages of Being A Man/Male
Top 10 Most Popular And Best Love Songs Of All Time
1. “This Magic Moment” by Drifters: This Magic Moment is an R&B composition of Doc Pomus who specifically made the lyrics and Mort Shuman, the pianist and was recorded by the Drifters, an American record group.
The song was released on 28th January, 1960. This song is best for its amazing lyrics and composition.
2. “Love Me Like You Do” by Elli Goulding: This is an electropop song written by Max Martin, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami and Tove Nilsson. This was the singer’s best ever single. The song was a perfect match to have featured as soundtrack on the erotic romantic American movie, Fifty Shades of Grey which was released in 2015. The song was equally released in 2015.
The lyrics convey the irresistible feeling of love and the continuous crave for it even when it does hurt. It was based on the song that Elli Goulding and the songwriters were nominated for Grammy Award amongst other nominations and awards. “Love Me Like You Do” remained at the top chart in many countries after its release.
3. “At Last!” by Etta James: You can imagine the feeling of a love song when it is Blues genre. This debut album by Etta James is an amazing love song which has remained at the top of every ranking. The song sets in an aura of love and romance.
At Last was released on 15th November, 1960 and it featured in Pleasantville, a 1998 movie.
4. “God Only Knows” by Elli Goulding: The love song was featured as the B side of the Pet Sounds album. It was written by Brian Wilson and Tony Asher and was released on 18th July, 1966. The lyric of the song is of the idea that a life without love can only be understood by God. The producer made the best of the song through its sophisticated accompaniments and vocal parts.
The song has recorded numerous recognitions from hitting the Billboard Hot list to topping numerous charts and to being the 11th on the greatest songs in history, 2021 by Rolling Stone’s list. “God Only Knows” by Elli Goulding is on the list of the 500 songs that have shaped rock and roll. The love song is a favourite to many.
5. “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green: Ai Green is an American singer. His resounding love song, Let’s Stay Together, was released in 1971. The song hit the top 1 of the Billboard Hot 100 and remained on the list for 16 weeks. The Rolling Stone’s ranking on the Greatest Song of All time ranked the song on the 60th position.
The song has recorded other numerous recognitions and has its cover made by numerous artists. Let’s Stay Together by Green Al was the 1972 R&B song of the year on the billboard Year-End chart.
6. “Be My Baby” by The Ronnetes: This song is a pop and R&B genre song popularly considered the greatest of all time, having hit the top in the United States, the United Kingdom and many other top countries. The Ronnetes is an American girl group. Be My Baby was written by Jeff Barry, Phil Sector and Ellie Greenwich.
The song was released on August 1963. The song became so popular and intriguing that so many artists modeled it. The song has been inducted into the United States National Recording Registry.
Also see: 11 Mistakes to Avoid in Your 20s
7. “Something” by Beatles: The Beatles is a team of English rock bank. The song, “Something” was featured in their album, Abbey Road dropped on 6th October 1969. The song is rated the best of the Abbey road album. The song was written by George Harrison, the group’s lead guitarist. The song was an opportunity well used for the writer who is a guitarist to have expressed himself through his amazing sounds of strings.
The love song was popularly said to be dedicated to George Harrison’s wife, but he had in his comments said that he got his inspiration from other sources. The song has been covered by many artists. The song won a well merited Ivor Novello Award of the best musical and lyrical song, amongst other numerous recognitions and rankings.
8. “Love is All Around” by The Troggs: The Troggs is an English rock band group. Their debut pop rock song, Love is All Around, was released on 13th October, 1967. It is a slow rhythmic, melodious and romantic song accompanied majorly with violins, guitars and cellos.
The song was written by Reg Presley and produced by Larry Page. The song trended and remained at the top of the charts of many countries between 1967 and 1968.
Recommended: Most Dangerous People In the World 2023: Top 12
9. “Vision of Love” by Mariah Carey: The songwriter, Mariah Carey released this amazing slow-dance single on 15th May, 1990. She wrote and composed the song together with Ben Margulies, Klyce, Miller and Rip. The lyrics of the song talks about the hope of the singer to triumph, which turns out to be a vision of love. The song is uniquely characterized by its style. Vision of Love was as the top of the single charts in America, Canada and New Zealand for 4 consecutive weeks. It made the top on the Greatest Hits list of 1998.
It was obviously Carey’s favourite to draw the crowd and she happened to have performed the song in almost every concerts. Vision of Love by Mariah Carey has had varieties of interpretations and uncertainty as to whether the singer through the lyrics refers to a lover or to a supreme being, but in all, the songwriter centered the idea on love.
10. “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie: Endless Love was originally recorded by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross as duet. The song is an emotional ballad filled with romantic profession of love by the singers. By the Billboard rating, the song was named the greatest duet of all time.
The song was in the very top charts of many countries in 1981 and 1982.
Conclusion: One thing about music is that the quality of the content never depreciates. These greatest love songs of all times trended massively during their time and have had their heads above water since far back.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.