How to avoid falling in Love: Have you ever found yourself falling hopelessly in love with someone who isn’t right for you? You don’t fall in love with someone right away when you start like them. Infatuation is the sensation you’re having. Some people, when they have a crush on someone fall deeper in love with them with each successive day. It isn’t because they’re blindly pulled to that person, perhaps because they deliberately decide to let that person sink their talons deeper into their hearts. Then you blame the circumstance some more.
Infatuation, as often as it seems like an impenetrable barrier obstructing your vision of the world, fades with time. So, if you’re in this scenario, follow these twelve strategies to prevent falling in love with someone.
Recommended: How to forget about someone you love easily
12 Ways to stop falling in love too fast or hard
1. Don’t be a stalker: Avoid accessing their Facebook, Instagram, or page every minute whether they’ve been up to something like who this person is following recently, or what comments this person is writing to the photographs and status, as pleasant as it sounds and feels to remain current on this person’s private life. The more you obsess about this individual, the greater their role in your life will become.
The remedy to this problem is to attempt to minimize the amount of times you monitor them on social media each day so that you can ultimately stop paying attention to them.
2. Don’t be a people pleaser: It’s fine to refuse a request or be impolite to this individual on occasion. If you have a close relationship with this person and they constantly urge you to spend time with them, you should learn to say no.
Spending time in this manner frequently leads to a toxic fixation. Understand that you’re attempting to recover in this circumstance, and the more time you spend with them, the worse your wound will get.
3. Distract Yourself: Allowing this individual to influence your thoughts is not a good idea. It is possible to quit thinking about this individual, no matter how tough it may appear. Controlling your mind is a challenging chore since the mind is so powerful that it is difficult to control but easy to divert from because the concentration on controlling leads to thinking about that person, which leads to infatuation.
Keep yourself occupied with new tasks that need your attention, which is what I mean by distraction. And if you’re feeling lonely or bored, think of anything else that brings you joy.
4. Don’t be overly friendly: Long conversations with this person should be avoided. While it may appear to be pleasurable at the moment, it eventually leads to addiction and sensitivity towards your emotional spot. Above all, avoid late-night messages or phone calls in which the two of you disclose sensitive facts about each other’s life.
You must remember that instead of becoming friends with this person, you are falling further in love with them, which is not a healthy thing. If you don’t recognize your limitations, your heart will get even more injured.
Recommended: How to show someone you love them
5. The bad side: We all have shortcomings. And concentrating on their negative aspects and picking their flaws is among the most effective ways to get over someone you love. So, every time you encounter this man or women, recall their unpleasant side or the hurtful things they say.
It’ll help a lot if you develop a list of reasons why you need to quit loving this person and refer to it from time to time. People who toy with your emotions on a transitory basis should be avoided at all costs.
6. Avoid physical intimacy: When you snuggle up with them or hold their hands, you could feel as if you’re floating on a cloud. However, the instant you step away from them, you’ll collapse to the earth. Avoid cuddling up to this individual, even if it feels like a ridiculous idea. It won’t help you at all.
It’s fun to go into bed with someone you find incredibly appealing, but the chemistry of the relationship might shift after that. Furthermore, following that initial physical interaction, your perception of someone is likely to shift. Bonding hormones are released as a result of sex, and they may drastically screw with your feelings for someone. You might get more enamored with them and convince yourself that you’re falling in love with them when you’re actually just lusting for them.
7. Focus on someone else: Getting beneath someone else is sometimes the quickest way to get over someone. If you’re having trouble diverting your attention away from the one you love, try focusing on someone else.
It might be a rebound relationship or a few days of playful banter. Flirting with another person may be a great method to avoid falling head over heals in love with someone. It may appear betrayal, but you must realize that you are avoiding being obsessed, and genuine love is the ability to live your life without being obsessed with each other.
8. Distance yourself from them: This is especially terrible if you work with them or are obliged to engage with them on a regular basis.
However, try to avoid them or stay a safe distance from them, as tough as it may be. If you are in this sort of circumstance in your life, I feel your anguish; but, you must remember that you are becoming emotionally stronger with each passing day.
Also see: Characteristics of a good leader
9. Ignore or avoid the attention: Even if you’re in a long-term relationship with someone, flirtatious attention from someone you admire or admire might leave you weak in the knees.
So, even though it feels wonderful, avoid the attention if you’re not ready for something serious or if you don’t want to fall in love with them. It may be tough for you if you are not the type of person who avoids others, but you must put yourself first in order to deal with the issue.
10. Realize the difference: There’s a distinction to be made between falling in love and finding someone attractive and intriguing. The majority of individuals are unable to distinguish between the two and become emotionally vulnerable as a result.
You don’t have to adore a guy or a lady just because you think they’re cute, amusing, or truly fantastic. This difference and sentiment must be understood, else there will always be misunderstanding between the two people.
Also see: How to know a Girl really like you
11. Don’t worry about losing them: If you like someone and think they’d make a good boyfriend or girlfriend, you could be rushing the emotional part of the relationship to’secure’ their place in your life. To put it another way, you let yourself fall for someone in the hopes that they would fall for you as well. Your uncertainty causes you to worry that they’ll find someone else, that they’re currently dating someone else, or that if you don’t tie them down, they’ll become bored with you.
Listen up: the majority of the individuals you date, even if it’s for multiple dates, will not become long-term companions. That’s excellent since it means you won’t be wasting effort on a relationship that won’t endure. Allow yourself to lose someone with the hope that the right partner will come along and want to remain.
12. Keep your friends and family close: It’s tempting to put a new relationship ahead of everything else when they enter your life. However, doing so just accelerates the intertwining of your life and heightens your sentiments for them. It’s critical to keep as much of your life as possible before they came along if you want to avoid falling in love at lightning speed.
This entails devoting a significant amount of time and effort to your connections with family and friends. They will remind you of how fortunate you already are.
Maybe you’ve mistakenly believed that what you’re feeling is love when it’s just admiration. And besides, there’s nothing wrong with believing someone is fantastic, and there’s no law that says you have to adore everyone who appears to be excellent.
It’s possible that the good sensation you get when you meet this person is simply appreciation for them, rather than love. If you’ve seen any of the circumstances or issues that I’ve mentioned, you may work to alter them. I understand that change is difficult and difficult, but it is worthwhile.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.