How to Know a Cheating Wife: You probably want to find out the truth right away because worrying that your wife is cheating is a terrible sensation. Sometimes it’s challenging to recognize the telltale indications of infidelity, especially when you’re feeling envious. If you’re anxious about your marriage, observe your wife’s actions and look for any unusual changes. Pay close attention to any changes in her looks, her home routines, and her social habits.
Discover some telltale indications of a cheating wife as you continue reading.
Recommended: How to know a cheating husband
1. Be wary of any shifts in her narratives or inconsistencies in the details: Make it a practice to ask your wife about her day. As you listen to her, keep an eye out for any logical contradictions or details that don’t make sense. Ask her about any worries you have and see if her story changes.
Let’s take the example where your wife claims to have had lunch with a female employee but then claims that the same coworker has been away all week. This would raise an alarm. Similar to the last example, if she claims that she had to go to the dry cleaners but didn’t bring any garments home, she might be lying. Additionally, it will be beneficial to your marriage to ask your wife about her day.
2. Keep track of how frequently she works or travels for business: Long hours and frequent business travels could be typical, but your wife might be using her job as a pretext for adultery. Keep an eye out for any illogical shifts in your wife’s work schedule and discuss them with her. Observe if she is working overtime without receiving a pay raise and if her increased tasks align with her job description.
Consider a scenario in which your wife, who generally works 40-hour workweeks from Monday through Friday, finds herself suddenly in need of additional overtime or weekend hours. Examine your bank account to determine whether she is being paid for the time she is working and ask her about her current tasks to determine whether the new work hours make sense.
Think about the possibility that your wife is simply doing exceptionally well at her job. She might genuinely be putting in the additional time if your wife recently obtained a promotion or is vying for one. Don’t presume she is telling the truth.
Recommended: How to Tell if a Person Is Telling the Truth
3. If your wife starts to criticize you or your marriage, pay attention to her: The potential exists for your wife to begin criticizing you or expressing worries about your marriage. She can be legitimately sad or she might be looking for an excuse to cover up her affair, depending on why she is acting this way. In either case, you need to pay attention to it and discuss it with her. Inquire about her concerns and talk about methods to move your relationship ahead.
For instance, your wife can complain that you never listen to her, that your home is always a mess, or that you and she no longer enjoy each other’s company.
Follow up with her by asking, “How can we cooperate to keep things clean?” How can I demonstrate that I am paying attention? Alternatively, “How about a date this Saturday?” You can perhaps enhance your connection by addressing her worries in this manner.
It’s a clue she might be trying to blame you for her infidelity if nothing you do makes her happy.
4. Check to see if she begins to leave the house more often: Even though it’s healthy to spend time apart from your spouse, it may be worrying if your wife appears to enjoy going out on her own. This is especially true if she decides against going out with you and instead goes out with her buddies. Pay note if she starts to go out more regularly than once per week, whether alone herself or with friends. She could be seeing another person.
It’s natural and good for both partners to enjoy their time apart from one another. Going to happy hour after work or having a “girls night” is not always a sign that your wife is having an affair.
Check your wife’s social media page on the nights she goes out if she uses it frequently. She’s probably speaking the truth if she posts photos of girls’ night out or happy hour.
Recommended: Greatest African Footballers of All Time
5. Go after the money: Take a look at her out-of-pocket spending. Her spending patterns may be greater than usual or smaller than usual if she’s having an affair. She might spend more money on lingerie, hotels, unique clothing, or upscale food and beverages. If her lover pays for their dates, she might spend less money than normal. To discover if her spending seems unusual, review your bank and credit card transactions.
For instance, you might see frequent hotel stays, shopping binges, or significant cash withdrawals. Similar to this, she can be going on dates if she attends girls’ night every Friday but doesn’t spend any money.
6. Constantly on calls but never calls you back: It’s possible that you and your wife’s communication on the usage of social media and mobile devices was more open in the beginning. She will no longer leave her phone lying around, and if you touch it, she’ll set the house on fire.
Say, for instance, that you’re trying to call your wife to find out when she will be home after spending the last six hours conducting errands. Unfortunately, she swiftly hangs up after giving you a shoddy justification for why she was gone for so long.
You always see her on the phone when she’s in front of you. Though she never returns your calls or even makes an effort to call you when she is away. Are you perplexed as to why? She’s been out shopping and paying bills for more than six hours, therefore your wife isn’t lying about having an affair. What a strange idea!
Infidelity in a marriage will be indicated by a partner’s phone usage and absence. The time has come to face your wife if she is acting in an unfaithful manner, as was just mentioned.
Recommended: Difference Between Reward and Incentive
7. Becomes independent and requests privacy: Couples frequently rely on one another for support while making decisions in marriages because they frequently work together. Spouses make these types of decisions all the time, whether it’s for big-ticket things, initiatives, or even meals.
Now, she no longer considers your opinions, asks them, or even cares what you think. She also demands a lot more privacy from you and no longer shares her decisions with you. Is this a cheating action?
There are two possible emotions that your wife can be experiencing: either she is thriving and developing into an independent woman, or she is finding support for her choices in a new relationship. For one of these reasons, she could need more seclusion from you. If your wife acts aggressively and angrily when she requests seclusion from you in this circumstance, that could be a clue that she is cheating.
8. Your romantic life has become chilly: She might not feel like having a sexual relationship with you if she is physically involved with someone else. You no longer appear to turn her on. Now, her entire sex drive is focused on her new boyfriend. You no longer have any influence over her sexual life. If you and your wife had a sexual relationship before the affair, you could have noticed that your wife now consistently looks for excuses to avoid contact.
In a sense, you two have become a platonic married couple. This is a telltale physical indicator that your wife is unfaithful.
“One of the telltale signs your wife is having an extramarital affair is when there is a decline in your physical intimacy because she may no longer feel any attraction to you or may be entirely preoccupied with her affair partner. When you do have sex, which happens infrequently, she might even be emotionally cut off from you,” according to Martin.
Recommended: Advantages and Disadvantages of Fascism
9. Lack of concern: If your spouse suddenly seems uninterested in activities they once enjoyed, talk to them to find out if there is another factor at play. These modifications, however, might be another sign of an affair if you also suspect infidelity.
Your partner appears uninterested in you, your career, your kids, your interests, or perhaps life in general.
Particularly around the house, your partner has developed laziness. Regardless of what you say, your husband doesn’t display any jealousy toward you. Birthdays and holidays in the family are unimportant to your spouse.
10. A Change in the Use of Technology
Online, via text messages, or in phone chats, infidelity is frequently exposed. These technological developments can cause alarm:
a. Every time you approach her phone, she grimaces.
b. Her web history is consistently cleared.
c. Your partner will sometimes go inaccessible during particular hours of the day.
d. Your partner either changed their password or won’t tell you what it is.
e. Your partner is constantly sending texts or slipping away to make phone calls.
f. You find that all of your devices’ cloud sharing has abruptly been disabled.
g. Your partner stops using any shared gadgets at all.
h. Your partner uses social media less frequently.
i. On the house computer, your partner cleans the browsing history.
j. Your spouse’s fitness tracker indicates that they workout at strange times.
Recommended: Differences Between Agent And Servant
What Should I Do If My Wife Cheats? What will you do now that you are aware that your wife is having an affair? You can either choose to remain with your unfaithful partner and deal with them, or you can ask for a divorce.
Keep in mind that the first option will only be effective if you are able to forgive and move past relationship cheating. But if you know you’ll always hate your wife, does it make sense to try? You must make that choice.
If you propose divorce as a result of infidelity, your wife will have have destroyed your marriage and you won’t be the one to blame. Furthermore, if you have kids, they would much rather have happy divorced parents than ones who quarrel and harbor animosity toward one another but remain together. Decide accordingly, keeping your future in mind, what is best for you and your children, if any.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.