Best Dancers In The World Ever: Who is the best dancer in the world? At one point or another, you must have wondered who the best dancer in the world is, to even read this article means you are still asking this question. A dance is considered as an art, but on one hand, it is considered as more than an art, it is a passion and for others, a source of joy, a means of communication an expression or source of delight and, it is also an expression of how one feels at the moment.
It is very hard to see any individual in this world who doesn’t love to dance or love watching people dance, this is because dancing is a form of an entertainment which lifts the spirit and changes the mood of the individual. It is also a way where people express their emotions and could be a complete lifestyle of some people.
As a lifestyle or career, people take it seriously, they form groups and maybe even a dance company. As a hobby, people just dance for the fun of it and nothing more. In this day and age, dancing has become a full time career for many people.
On the other hand, dancing is a crucial part of culture just like music and has been part of every generation, it has been the people’s way of showcasing culture and has evolved from one century to the other. On yearly basis or seasonal basics, many people have been named dance champions or legends in these various cultures. In modern times, these titles goes to celebrities and international dancers. Most of these celebrities have spent time practicing and rehearsing their dance routine while some other dance professionally.
Recommended: Countries with the best music in the world
Top 10 Best Dancers In The World Of All Time
1. Michael Jackson: Michael Joseph Jackson, is a dance icon and one of the most popular pop stars in the 1980’s. He was a well-known dancer on earth, but not only was his popular for his dancing but for his music, this is because he was also a songwriter and a singer. He was a crowd pleaser in his time, people would flock in their numbers to the stadiums just to watch him perform, and he always wowed his audience with his live performance, video performance and his dance moves, most especially his iconic Moonwalk, which many gave the name the robot style.
Before anyone knew what was happening, he quickly rose to fame to become one of the most popular pop stars in the 1980s, not only in the United States but in the world at large. He proved to be a very energetic, talented and passionate dancer from a very young age with an amazing rhythm. This did not change even when he was in his fifties and people expected his energy to drop. He won many awards in his time and became the most music awarded artist in history.
2. Mikhail Baryshnikov: The Russian-American choreographer and dancer, a male classical dancer from the 1970s and the 1980s, Mikhail Baryshnikov who is one of the best and most talented dancers in the world after Micheal, was born in the Soviet Union era on January 27, 1948. He had a promising start in the Kirov Balletthis start lead him to seek more opportunities in western dance, a search which first brought him to Canada in 1974.
He joined the New York City Ballet after being a member of the American Ballet Theatre for a while. This act of his led him to receiving a few awards and nominations in his filed. At one point, he was the artistic director of both the New York City Ballet and the American Ballet Theatre. He is currently married to Lisa Rinehart and blessed with four children, which are not all from his wife.
3. Madonna: Madonna L. Ciccone is a musician, an actress, a dancer, recording artist, and a singer who has created a very huge success in her career part. Like Michael, she is also one of the greatest musician in her time, she is not just one of the best but she is in fact the best female musician in the world. Two of her albums that help her rise to fame were “like a virgin” and “true blue”, they were her best sellers too.
Not only did her fame get to the world nor is she regarded as the queen of pop, but she is also the best-selling female recording artist of all time by the Guinness world record. Her dance moves and routines are very unique and unpredictable, this leaves her audience satisfied with her magic on stage, and her abilities has been described by many as improvised and very entertaining.
4. Shakira: Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll is a Colombian singer, dancer, songwriter, model, choreographer and record producer. She was born and raised in Barranquilla, and because of her talent and popularity, she was named the Queen of Latin music.
She is one of the best dancers in the world because of her swift dance moves and hips movement. She never at any point lacks when it comes to dancing and choreography and she even coined a slogan “hips don’t lie”. As a musician, she had a few failures while starting but this did not deter her as she kept pushing and rose to fame in no time. Her music journey can be traced to when she was still a child, performing in school.
5. Chris Brown: Chris Brown is an African American producer, songwriter, singer, actor, and a dancer from the United States of America. Although he had had a very crooked story about himself and his career journey, many ups and downs, lots of accusations and propaganda, this does not prevent him from being so good in doing what he knows how to do best and that is dancing.
Currently for people still alive, he remains one of the strong contender of the best dancer title in the United States, with his unique movement’s one of the most integral part of his musical style.
6. Joaquin Cortes: Joaquin Cortes grew up in Spain, but he was born in Roma. He is well known for his classical flamenco and ballet dancing. He quickly rose to fame as a gifted dance and because of this, he became a sex symbol or representation who was adored and admired by both men and women.
His dance company, the Joaquin Cortes flamenco ballet group has performed all over the world in the presence of sold out audience and prominent personalities. He is the 6th best dancer on our list.
7. Martha Graham: Martha Graham rose to be a household name that it is very difficult to not know her as the one who loves to dance. She is one of the most renowned American choreographer and dancer. She is well known for her uniqueness and technique. She thought the art of dancing for more than seventy years and till date, she continues to influence the industry.
She was also the first dancer to perform at the White house. Her fame knew no bounds and she suddenly became an international figure, in Paris, she was honored with the keys to the city, and was also awarded the national medal for arts.
8. Usher Raymond: Usher born in Dallas, Texas, is an American actor, singer, songwriter, dancer, and entrepreneur. As a musician, he grew up when music videos were as essential as the songs. This as a result gave him a reason to add some special dance skills to his music videos.
As he progressed in his music career, his amazing dancing style was noticed by the world, and with tie, he was named one of the world’s most talented dancers. As one of the top 10 dancers in the world, he may not be the finest break dancers in the world but one of the best, certainly.
Recommended: Differences Between Democracy and Autocracy
9. Prabhu Deva: Prabhu Deva is not just your regular dancer, but a man who has a lengthy and famous career spinning for more than 25 years. This is in addition to being an actor, choreographer and a producer of Indian dance.
He is recognized internationally with introducing international dancing techniques to Indian films through his work in Bollywood, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada films.
10. Rudolf Nureyev: Before Rudolf’s death in 1993, he has already put himself on the pedestal as one of the best and top dancers in the world. Despite starting his career late, he compensated for his lost years with hard work, he worked extremely hard rehearsing for his dance for many hours.
He died a successful dancer and was buried in Russian cemetery in Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois near Paris for more than two decades ago.
Recommended: Countries with worst judicial system
In conclusion you should know that the names mentioned here are great dancers, and are considered one of the best in the world, but it does not mean that there are not many who would out dance them in this generation, seeing that some of them are dead or old. There are many dancers in the world today that if proper and accurate data are to be collected, some of these people may not make it to the top 10.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.