How To Ask a Girl For Her Number: Requesting a girl’s phone number might be a terrifying first step in forming a relationship. You may find yourself in a position where you truly like a lady and you have a terrific conversation, but you still want to remain in touch when it’s time to say goodbye. So, how do you approach her for her phone number? It’s impossible to foresee how she’ll respond, and the dread of rejection might make you shy away from the situation entirely.
If you genuinely like the lady and want to get to know her, though, getting her phone number is a crucial first step. As much as you feel scared and nervous, you may pause and think about this in your thoughts again and again. This, however, does not have to be the case. We’ve compiled a list of some of the finest techniques for quickly obtaining the phone number of your ideal lady.
Recommended: Important Things to look out for in a woman
Table of Content
What Do You Consider Before Asking For Her Number?
1. Recognize that she has the right to refuse: It’s imperative to remember that although you ask for her phone number doesn’t mean she has to give it to you. For a number of reasons, she may decline to give you a method to reach her.
Having this in your mind, however, might boost your self-esteem. When you ask for her phone number, the worst that can happen is that she says “no.” It’s easy to imagine all of the things that could go wrong, but the worst thing that could happen is her saying “no.”
Expect to be turned down. Rejection is difficult, but if you accept it, the entire experience will be a lot less overwhelming and frightening.
2. Understand that you need to be confident: Confidence, in addition to being gorgeous, will help you feel more at ease while approaching her. Keeping things in perspective is a smart strategy to stay confident in this scenario.
Asking for her phone number may appear to be a huge issue at the moment, but in a year’s time, you’ll likely forget how scared you were. Remember that rejection may be overcome, but don’t expect it to be the end result.
Also see: How to stop loving someone
3. It’s important to understand that requesting her phone number is not a marriage proposal: Just because you have a girl’s phone number doesn’t ensure you’ll go out with her. Requesting her phone number is only a means of staying in touch with her in the hopes of forming a future connection.
This should also help you gain confidence and reduce the fear of asking for a girl’s phone number. While it is implied that you are interested, it does not have to indicate anything more straight away.
Recommended: Countries with the Most Handsome Men in the World
Effective Tips on How To Ask a Girl For Her Number
1. Come up to her and strike up a conversation with her: Don’t just approach her and demand her phone number. Make an effort to integrate it into a conversation. You may evaluate her interest by having a discussion with her. You may strike up a conversation with her about a recent film or television show that you both loved. If her responses are all brief, she might not be interested in you.
If she gives you long answers and questions in return, she’s undoubtedly intrigued. If she laughs at a lot of your jokes (even if you don’t think they’re funny), she’s undoubtedly fascinated and wants you to ask for her phone number.
2. Be prepared for “why”: It’s a reasonable question to pose. What makes you desire her phone number? She will offer it to you based on your response, so hesitating or saying something like “To talk to you of course” will turn her off because you can chat to her in person.
Experiment with new ideas. For example, if you and your friend wind up talking about a humorous internet meme, ask for her phone number at the conclusion of the chat and explain why when she asks “Oh, because I’d want to show you some hilarious memes. You’re going to adore them.”
3. Bring up the possibility of getting in touch with her outside of school or work: Bring up a topic that would necessitate communication with the outside world. Mention how you sometimes struggle with homework and would like to work together if you go to school together. Mention how you’d like to get together for dinner or coffee if you work together.
Pay attention to how she reacts when she sees you outside of the usual setting. Look for signs of a grin, a glint in her eye, or her stroking her hair. All of these things indicate that she feels flattered.
4. Don’t put any pressure on her: If she refuses to share her phone number despite your attempts, accept her decision. You’re not going to win her over by pushing or begging her to give you her phone number. It will, at the very least, strengthen her case against you. If she refuses, merely smile, shrug, and go away.
Alternatively, you might continue the conversation if you believe it is appropriate under the circumstances. This is an extremely crucial guideline to remember when asking a female for her phone number.
5. Don’t neglect her friends: This is most effective when you already know her. You’ll have little choice but to approach her when she’s with others if you can’t get her alone at any time of day or night. In this instance, be kind and engage in small chats with her friends. It sends a message to her that you are kind and caring.
Walking over to the group and concentrating solely on her while neglecting her pals is bound to irritate her and her buddies. Women, in particular, value the advice of their female companions. They’ll surely persuade her not to disclose her phone number with you if they don’t like you.
6. Respect her time and space: You must understand that she is not available to you whether she is in a pub with her pals or on a lunch break during her office hours. She has a job or friends to return to, so squandering all of her spare time will not make her happy, and it will likely make you appear self-centered.
You may determine whether or not you like her sufficiently in those 5 minutes, and if you do, utilize the tactics listed above to obtain her phone number. You might also say, “I apologize for taking up your time. Your buddies or coworkers must be anticipating your arrival. But I’d want to have a longer conversation with you. Do you mind if I take your phone number?”
7. Inquire for her phone number directly: If you dance about the subject for too long, you’ll come across as uncertain. It’s as easy as saying, “Can I get your phone number?” By simply going in and asking for a number directly, you may escape a lot of the tension that comes with asking for a number.
It is preferable to ask her directly rather than attempting to obtain it through a buddy or a group endeavor. When you ask for her phone number, speak clearly. Be confident and eloquent while asking this question, as it is the focal point of the entire conversation. Make it unnecessary for her to ask you to repeat the question.
Recommended: Countries with the Most Beautiful Women in the world
The preceding principles are good, but your self-confidence is the most vital of all. Girls can tell what kind of person you are, and if you don’t appear to have the courage to impress her, she’ll pass you over.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.