Richest Politicians In The World: While many politicians are public servants who commit themselves to helping their nation or society, others have amassed great personal riches through commercial enterprises, investments, or inheritance. Politicians’ money is frequently a sensitive topic, since some may question whether it was acquired via ethical methods or whether it interferes with their political principles or interests.
However, the wealth of politicians continues to interest people worldwide, and several media sources and organisations publish lists of the wealthiest politicians in various nations and areas.
Recommended: Cheapest countries to study in the world 2024
Top 12 Richest/Wealthiest Politicians In The World 2024
1. MICHAEL BLOOMBERG $76.8 BILLION: The former mayor in the United States of America Bloomberg is an American businessman, politician, philanthropist, and author. He was born on February 14, 1942 in New York City. He was not only one of the founders of Bloomberg L.P. but also the primary owner of the company. Between the years 2002 and 2013, he served as Mayor of New York City, and he was a contender for the Democratic candidature for President of the United States in 2020.
Since June of 2022, he has been the chairman of the Defense Innovation council, an independent advisory council that serves the United States Department of Defense by providing recommendations on artificial intelligence, software, data, and digital transformation. Forbes placed him at number seven on their list of the 400 wealthiest people in the world in April 2023, with an estimated net worth of US$94.5 billion. He also placed him at number fourteen on their list of the Forbes 400, with a net worth of $55 billion. Since he took The Giving Pledge in 2012, Bloomberg has donated $8.2 billion to various charitable organisations throughout the world.
2. VLADIMIR PUTIN $70 BILLION: The 7th of October, 1952 saw the birth of Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin in Russia. He is a Russian politician who also served as an intelligence officer in the past and is currently acting as the president of Russia.
Since 1999, Putin has never held any office other than that of president or prime minister; serving as Prime Minister from 1999 to 2000 and as President from 2008 to 2012, and serving as Prime Minister from 2000 to 2008 and as President since 2012.
Also see: Best Places To Find A Girlfriend: Top 12
3. SHEIKH MANSOUR BIN ZAYED AL NAHYAN $30 BILLION: He was the previous ruler of United Arab Emirates. The 21st of November 1970 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan KBE was born. Sheikh Mansour is the name that is used to refer to him in the majority of situations. He is a member of the Abu Dhabi ruling dynasty in addition to being an Emirati royal and a politician.
His current positions include Vice President of the United Arab Emirates, Deputy Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Minister of Presidential Court, and Billionaire. He is the brother of Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the current president of the UAE, and he is married to Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed Al Maktoum, who is the daughter of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai. By way of the City Football Group, he has financial interests in a number of different football clubs, one of which being Manchester City FC.
4. HASSANAL BOLKIAH $30 BILLION: Hassanal Bolkiah ibni Omar Ali Saifuddien III was born on July 15th, 1946 in Brunei. He is the third monarch of Brunei.It has been estimated that the Sultan is one of the wealthiest persons in the entire globe. It is estimated that Hassanal Bolkiah would have a net worth of thirty billion dollars by the year 2023.
Since Brunei’s independence from the United Kingdom in 1984, he has served as the country’s Prime Minister. He became the 29th Sultan and Yang di-Pertuan of Brunei in 1967. He has held these titles ever since. One of the very few remaining absolute kings in the world is him.
5. SHEIKH KHALIFA BIN ZAYED NAHYAN $20 BILLION: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was born on September 7th, 1948, and is the current ruler of the United Arab Emirates. He had lived through till the 13th of May 2022 when he passed away as the ruler of Abu Dhabi and the second president of the United Arab Emirates, having served in those capacities from November 2004 until the time of his death in May 2022.
Khalifa was included in Forbes’s list of the most powerful persons in the world for the year 2018.
6. MOHAMMED BIN RASHID AL MAKTOUM, SHEIKH OF DUBAI $14 BILLION: On July 15th, 1949, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was born. He is the current ruler of Dubai. He is a member of the Emirati royal family as well as a politician and now holds the positions of vice president, prime minister, and minister of defence for the United Arab Emirates. He is also the ruler of Dubai at the present time.
Mohammed is a self-made millionaire who derives the majority of his wealth from the real estate industry. He is referred to as “one of the world’s most prominent real estate developers.”
Recommended: Most Beautiful Birds In the World (With Pictures)
7. MOHAMMED BIN SALMAN $8 BILLION: Born on August 31st, 1985 in Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud is the current Crown Prince. Salman bin Salman Al Saud is still the current Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia. He is also known by his initials, MBS or MbS. In addition to this, he is the head of both the Council of Political and Security Affairs as well as the Council of Economic and Development Affairs.
In addition to being a seasoned politician and multiple-time business tycoon, he is often considered to be among the wealthiest politicians in the whole globe.
8. SILVIO BERLUSCONI $8 BILLION: Silvio Berlusconi, an Italian media entrepreneur and politician, was born in Italy on September 29, 1936. He has served as Prime Minister of Italy in four different governments, beginning in 1994 and continuing through 1995, 2001-2006, and 2008-2011. Berlusconi was born in Italy. From 1994 to 2013, he was a member of the Chamber of Deputies.
He has served as a member of the Senate of the Republic since 2022, and before that, from March until November 2013. He has also served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) since 2019, and before that, from 1999 until 2001. He continues to be one of the wealthiest politicians in the world because to the vast number of enterprises and global corporations under his control.
Recommended: Off-Campus Or On-Campus, Which is Better? Answered
9. IMELDA MARCOS $6 BILLION: Imelda Romualdez Marcos was born on July 2nd, 1929 in the Philippines. She was the wife of Ferdinand Marcos. She is a Filipino politician who held the position of First Lady of the Philippines from 1965 to 1986.
At the time that her husband was serving as the 10th President of the Philippines, she had a significant amount of political power. ( Ferdinand Marcos). She is Bongbong Marcos’s mother, the current president of the Philippines.
10. KIM JONG-UN $5.2 BILLION NORTH KOREA: Kim Jong-un made his debut into the world on January 8, 1982. Since 2011 he has held the position of supreme leader of North Korea, and since 2012 he has held the position of head of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK).
He is a politician from North Korea. He is the son of Ko Yong-hui and Kim Jong-il, who served as the second supreme leader of North Korea from 1994 until 2011. Kim Jong-il is his father. Before he was elected to his present political role, he served in the armed forces for some time.
Recommended: Best Colleges Of Education In Nigeria
11. Maha Vajiralongkorn
Thailand’s King, Maha Vajiralongkorn, is among the world’s wealthiest politicians, his money veiled in mystery and extravagance. Being a member of the illustrious Thai royal line, Vajiralongkorn comes with a vast portfolio of riches that includes a variety of varied interests, including as large landholdings and significant shares in profitable companies.
A crucial component of his wealth is the Crown Property Bureau, a secret organization in charge of overseeing the monarchy’s enormous assets, which include valuable real estate and well-placed bets in important industries. Because royal finances are so opaque, it is difficult to determine his exact net worth; nonetheless, analysts believe it to be in the tens of billions of dollars, making him one of the world’s richest kings.
12. Mohammed Al Amoudi
Mohammed Al Amoudi is a titan of business and charity who is well-known throughout the Middle East and Africa due to his enormous financial empire and steadfast dedication to improving society. Al Amoudi, who was born in Saudi Arabia and is of Ethiopian and Saudi Arabian origin, became a billionaire by skillfully navigating a number of industries, including mining, oil, building, and agriculture. His estimated net worth, which soars into the tens of billions of dollars, puts him among the world’s wealthiest people, a monument to his ability to seize profitable opportunities in a variety of businesses.
A strategic goal to promote sustainable development and economic success in his home Ethiopia and beyond is at the core of Al Amoudi’s expansive corporate enterprise. He manages a sizable portfolio of assets through his flagship firm, MIDROC Group, which spans vital industries including energy, infrastructure, and telecommunications. This helps to spur growth and innovation throughout the African continent.
Recommended: Best Countries To Study Abroad
Politicians who have built substantial fortunes typically did so by using their political authority, commercial interests, and contacts. While some of these politicians may have legitimately acquired their fortune, others have been accused of corruption, embezzlement, and other unlawful crimes.
Moreover, the immense wealth of these politicians frequently generates concerns over economic inequality and the concentration of power among the world’s elite. Ultimately, the problem of the world’s wealthiest politicians highlights the necessity for openness and accountability in government, as well as the need of tackling structural factors that lead to global wealth disparities.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.