UNIABUJA admission requirements 2021/2022: If you really want to gain admission into the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA), you must meet the requirements for admission into the school. In Nigeria, Admission Requirements are used as the yardstick for determining who should, and who should not be offered admission into a particular school.
Conversely, if you apply for admission into any institution without knowing the admission requirements of that institution, you are making a very big mistake.
Today, i will share with you the requirements for UTME and Direct Entry admission into UNIABUJA. If you are currently an aspirant of the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA), i enjoin you to pay great attention to the information contained in this page.
Accordingly, make sure you share this work with other aspirants of UNIABUJA too. By doing this, you might save someone from making a very big mistake this year.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about UNIABUJA that you are supposed to know.
- UNIABUJA Departmental cutoff marks for 2020/2021 academic session
- Latest News and Updates from the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
- How many admission list does UNIABUJA releases every year? See answer here
- LASU admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry admission 2020
- How to retrieve lost WAEC result: Step by Step
About the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) is one of the most prestigious and popular universities in Nigeria because it is located in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). UNIABUJA was established in 1988 as a dual-mode university with the mandate to run conventional and distance learning programmes.
Today, UNIABUJA is respected all over the country. It is also among the most competitive institutions in Nigeria. One of the reasons why many students are struggling to gain admission into the university is because, the university is located at the capital city of Nigeria.
It is pertinent to note that gaining admission into the University of Abuja is not as easy as gaining admission in a normal state university in Nigeria. The university is very strict in giving out admission.
Thus, only candidates that meet the stipulated requirements for admission will be offered admission eventually. But that should not scare you at all. Below are the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements into the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA):
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements for 2021/2022 UTME Candidates
Below are the requirements for UTME admission into the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA):
- Candidate must possess at least, 5 Credit grades (C) in WASSCE/NABTEB/NECO or any equivalent in five subjects (English and mathematics inclusive).
- Candidates are expected to make the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) their first choice of institution. Second choice candidates will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates are expected to choose the correct JAMB subject combination for their courses to gain admission.
- Candidates must score at least, 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination to be considered for admission.
- UTME candidates must also purchase the university’s post UTME form and pass the examination excellently well.
UNIABUJA accepts two sittings results for admission. So, you can use more than one O’level result to apply for admission in the school. You might want to check my article on how to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission here!
Accordingly, it is important to not that UNIABUJA does not accept second choice candidates for UTME or Direct Entry admission. Thus, you must make the university your first choice of institution to gain admission this session.
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements for 2021/2022 Direct Entry Candidates
Below are the requirements for Direct Entry admission into the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA):
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase UNIABUJA direct entry form from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Direct entry candidates must have an acceptable score in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Examination or a Diploma, NCE with at least lower credit.
- Candidates must possess two A’Level passes or equivalents in addition to credits in three other subjects at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations or equivalents or a Diploma, NCE with at least Upper Credit.
- Candidates must meet the departmental cutoff marks that is released by the institution for the year.
Note: UNIABUJA also accept two sittings result for Direct entry candidates too. So, if you want to combine two O’level result, you are free to do that.
While you are struggling to meet up with the general requirements for admission into the University of Abuja, i highly recommend that you find out directly from the school’s official website whether your dream course is available or will be offered admission into the school this year.
Many students usually make this mistake and that is why i am mentioning it. Even though the University of Abuja is a big and popular school in Nigeria, it may not be offering admission to candidates of your dream course. So make sure you make enquiries very well.
- Cheapest universities to study law in Nigeria
- Best science courses to study in the university
- See the cheapest universities to attend in Canada
- Richest lawyers in Ghana: Top 10
- Why indirect rule failed in the east: See reasons
This is where I am going to drop my pen on today’s topic. Make sure you use the information I just shared wisely. Try to meet all the requirements for admission I just shared above if you really want to gain admission this year.
More so, you are expected to share this information because there are thousands of UNIABUJA aspirants also searching for this.
If you have any more question concerning the admission process of the prestigious University of Abuja (UNIABUJA), do not hesitate to let me know using the comment section.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.