Top 10 Best Universities for Computer Science in Nigeria: We now live in a world mainly shaped by computer and information technology (IT) advancements and breakthroughs. It’s no surprise, then, that computer science is one of the most popular undergraduate subjects.
Computer Science is a highly skilled course that necessitates excellent training. For this reason, it is critical to pursue this course at a well-regarded institution.
What is Computer Science All About?
The study of computers, computing and their theoretical and practical applications is known as computer science. Algorithm formulation, software, hardware creation, and artificial intelligence are all functions that computer science applies to the principles of mathematics, engineering, and logic.
Recommended: Largest Libraries In The World 2023
Nigerian Universities: An Overview
The various established institutions in Nigeria, if not all, offer a Computer Science course to instill in students the capacity to understand what computers are built of and how they operate in today’s society.
These are directed toward forming a global technology society that will accelerate a country’s technical improvement and growth.
Although the country is home to a number of computer science universities, they are not without a rating due to the level of intensive training and possession of adequate resources to deliver sufficient impact on the students, which varies with other universities and has equally brought about a remarkable outcome for years.
The scope of this research is limited to Nigeria’s top 10 computer science universities. You’ve are at the right place if you’re a high school graduate looking for information on the best Nigerian universities to study Computer Science.
As a result, the scope of this study is restricted to the top ten finest computer science universities in Nigeria. If you just left high school and are looking for information about the best Nigerian universities to study Computer Science, you have the correct place.
The top 10 best computer science universities in Nigeria are listed in this article. Computer science is the study of computing theory and experiments for the design and functionality of computers in society. Computer science students learn how computers work. If you are looking to study computer science in Nigeria, keep reading to learn about the top universities to consider:
See Also: How To Improve Your Social Skill
Top 10 Best Universities To Study Computer Science In Nigeria
1. Covenant University, Ota (CU): Ota, Ogun State, is home to Covenant University. The university is deemed by many as one of Nigeria’s best private universities.
With a healthy study atmosphere, the school has produced remarkable graduates who can compete in subjects such as computer science.
Covenant University’s Computer Science program takes four years to complete. Every student undergoing the university’s ICT program receives unrestricted internet access.
All ICT students get access to a computer, making studying more convenient. Little wonder why the institution is famous for outstanding learning and results from the school’s students.
2. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU): Obafemi Awolowo Institution, or OAU, is a federal government university in Nigeria founded in 1961. It is in the Nigerian city of Ile-Ife, in the state of Osun.
OAU is one of Nigeria’s top three public universities. The school has a robust ICT department to help students succeed in their studies. Lecturers at the ICT department are gurus in computer science. Because of this, the school has become one of the best in computer science.
3. Federal University Of Technology, Akure (FUTA): FUTA stands for the Federal University of Technology in Akure. It is widely considered as one of the country’s topmost federal varsities.
It is a technology-driven university that champions the education of students in technical fields one of which is computer science. The school’s ICT department is well-organized and fully equipped. Computer studies at FUTA takes four years to complete.
Must Read: Differences Between Being Rich And Being Wealthy
4. University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN): UNN is the acronym for the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. It is found in Nigeria’s Enugu State. It is considered one of Nigeria’s best universities for studying computer science.
UNN has a cutting-edge ICT center with sufficient and effective equipment to ensure that its students have the most up-to-date information and are well-prepared for the ICT world.
Lecturers also teach computer science and associated operations at the school. All of these factors are what makes UNN an excellent computer science school.
5. University Of Ilorin (UNILORIN): The institution known as the University of Ilorin is a Nigerian federal university in Ilorin, Kwara State. It is also rated highly as one of the best institutions Nigeria to read computer science.
The institution offers world-class computer education to everyone of its students. The ICT department is fully equipped with resources to assist computer science students in their education. Its reputation for success stems from this.
6. University Of Lagos (UNILAG): The University of Lagos is a Nigerian federal government school in Lagos State. UNILAG, as it is known, boasts one of the best-equipped computer science departments and well-trained teachers.
That is why, it consistently produces well-trained computer, science graduates.
See Also: Most Beautiful Universities In The World 2023
7. University Of Jos (UNIJOS): UNIJOS is the nickname for the University of Jos. Jos, Plateau State, is where the school is located.
It is a federally funded institution with a strong computer science department. Some of the best resources for global computer study can be found in the IT department.
8. University Of Ibadan (UI): UI is the abbreviation for the University of Ibadan. It’s in the state of Oyo, in the city of Ibadan. It is often considered to be the country’s most prestigious university.
In 1948, the institution opened its doors for the first time to new students. The school features a world-class ICT department. Hence, it is among the most highly recommended schools to study computer science.
9. Ladoke Akintola University OF Technology, Ogbomosho(LAUTECH): LAUTECH is a university in Oyo State, Nigeria. As a technical state university, it was founded by the state government in 1990.
The computer science department of the institution is well-equipped. The computer science department is well-equipped, with skilled teachers.
10. The University Of Benin (UNIBEN): The University of Benin is widely known as UNIBEN. It is one of the best universities in Nigeria, where you can bag a degree in computer science in Nigeria.
UNIBEN is a federal school established by the federal government of Nigeria.
The school was founded in 1971 and is located in Benin City in Edo State, Nigeria.
UNIBEN has an ICT center that is recognized, both locally and internationally for its consistent delivery of topnotch computer training for students and for having some of the best lecturers who are well trained in computer science.
This has made the school one of the best ten universities recommended for studying computer science.
See Also: How to Stop Procrastinating
With the diverse universities established across the length and breadth of this nation, most of them are structures that lack infrastructures and resources, both material and human resources, to deliver the best and produce graduates well equipped for innovation and advancement in the computer field.
In a society and era known as the “ICT AGE,” the knowledge of computers is undeniably necessary as it forms the basis for a developed and advanced society, including the best computer science universities in Nigeria.
The universities established across the nation, which are made up of the Federal, State, and private, were established to attain an enlightened society set on the path for development.
Most schools lack resources to deliver in the various fields, especially the computer field. As such, students are limited to exploring technology, methods, and the latest trends in computing.
Over the years, the rating of computer science graduates has been different, which, when we consider it, is a result of the university or institutions attended in the country.
As a result, academic pursuit, particularly in computer science, is critical in Nigeria.
Nevertheless, it is important to note that university facilities and resources for ICT vary. As a result, one who can decide which school to attend to study computer science and grasp the most that computer science has to offer is considered successful.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.