AAU admission requirements 2020/2021: Throughout last week, I was receiving emails majorly from aspirants of the prestigious Ambrose Ali University (AAU). Most of them were asking the question; “What are the requirements for admission into AAU?”. Just yesterday, about 5 students also asked me that question, and that is why i decided to make this post.
So basically, I will be sharing with you the requirements for admission into AAU.
First, you must note that admission requirements are like the criteria for gaining admission into any institution. Thus, if you do not meet the admission requirements of your dream school, you may not be offered admission into the school.
This is why you must take every information contained in this page very seriously if you really want to gain admission into Ambrose Ali University (AAU) this session. I will be discussing both the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the university.
But before doing that, I would love to tell you some important things about gaining admission in Ambrose Ali University.
About Ambrose Ali University (AAU)
Ambrose Ali University (AAU) is one of the prestigious and most populated universities in Nigeria. The university was established in 1981 to foster education and ensure enlightenment in every part of the country.
It will surprise you to know that AAU you know today was actually built by Professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli (1979–1983). The university was first known as Bendel State University, then Edo State University, it was later changed to its present name in commemoration of Professor Ambrose Folorunso Alli.
As a very reputable and competitive university in Nigeria, it is not easy to gain admission into Ambrose Ali University because the struggle is much. Too many students apply for admission into the institution every year.
So, the university always increase their cutoff marks so that only the best students will be given admission.
Currently, AAU does not have accept second choice candidates for admission. Accordingly, the university does give admission to candidates that do not meet all the requirements for admission.
AAU General Cutoff mark for 2020
Aspirants are to note that the general cutoff for admission into Ambrose Ali University (AAU) is 160. This cutoff mark was reached after all the institutions in Nigeria had a meeting with the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in June 2020.
Below is a confirmation of JAMB general cutoff mark for institutions in Nigeria:
The Joint Admissions & Matriculations Board has announced 160 & above as the national minimum cut-off mark for 2020 admissions into public universities,120 and above as approved cut-off marks into Polytechnics and 100 & above for both Colleges of Education & Innovation Enterprise pic.twitter.com/xPmLZ6JM00
— NTA News (@NTANewsNow) June 17, 2020
From the above, you can see that candidates who did not have up to 160 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination will not be eligible to purchase AAU post UTME form or gain admission into the university (AAU) in 2020.
AAU Admission Requirements for UTME candidates
Below are the requirements for UTME admission into Ambrose Ali University (AAU):
- Candidates must process at least, five Credit grades (C) in five different subjects (including English and mathematics) in their WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or other equivalent result (s).
- Candidates must be at least, 16 years of age as at the time admission is offered. Any person below 16 will be certified as gifted.
- Candidates must score at least, 160 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination.
- UTME candidates must choose the correct subject JAMB combination for their courses to be offered admission into AAU.
- Candidates are expected to make Ambrose Alli University their first choice of institution. AAU does not give admission to second choice candidates.
- As a condition for admission, UTME candidates must produce a letter of recommendation/testimonial from the principal of his or her last Secondary School.
- Candidates are required to purchase AAU post UTME form, partake in the examination and pass it excellently well.
Note: UTME candidates should note that AAU accepts second choice candidates for admission.
More so, AAU accepts two sittings results for admission. In other words, aspirants are free to apply for admission with at most, two sittings result. You might want to read my article on how to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission here.
AAU Admission Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
Below are the requirements for Direct Entry Admission into Ambrose Ali University (AAU):
- Direct Entry candidates must have at least, five Credit grades (C) in five different subjects (including English and mathematics) in their WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or other equivalent result.
- Candidates are expected to purchase and apply AAU Direct Entry admission through JAMB UTME.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 175 as JAMB score.
- Lastly, candidates must possess an HND, OND, A/L or NCE in the relevant programme.
Note that successful Direct Entry aspirants of AAU will be automatically offered admission into 200 level.
Okay! This is where I am going to stop on AAU Admission requirements for 2020/2021 academic session. I strongly believe that after reading this article, students will no longer ask any question concerning AAU requirements for admission.
Meanwhile, i enjoin you to you use the information above very wisely. Don’t also forget to share this post with other AAU aspirants you know because, you might save someone from making a very big mistake by doing that.
Lastly, I would love to here from you if you still have any question to ask me. Use the comment section below to send your question if it concerns AAU admission requirements for 2020/2021 academic session.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.