Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In The United States: The world is a very big space and place to be. The world, aside the gallaxies is made up of planets. Earth is one of the world planets and the most habitable of them all. The Earth is characterized by water bodies, greenland’s and vegetations as well as mountains and forests.
The earth is also known to have about seven continents with about one hundred and ninety-five Countries in all. Life in these continents are quite different when compared to other continents. For instance, living in Asia would provide a different living experience when compared to Europe. The climate conditions, economic and political systems are practically different from each other.
There might be religious similarities but surely not in the culture and terrains. Africa might pose an entirely different sphere when compared to the others. Sometimes living outside your original habitat or abroad might seem a challenge based on some of the factors mentioned above and you may want to know exactly how to fit in and where exactly might be more favourable to you. A whole lot of concern arises when you’ve developed interest in exploring a new destination.
Things like Language, food, weather conditions, cost of living, accommodation, feeding, educational standard and the political and economic situation of the country becomes a major issue to worry about. Some Countries offer a whole lot of hospitality and great residence and educational experience while others might pose a great challenge in trying to keep up and maintain a healthy lifestyle and living standard. Based on the above analysis, we would be taking a cursory look at the living condition in onw of the world’s most developed countries and the very country often referred to as the World Power; the United States of America. We will be focusing more on the advantages and disadvantages of residing in America.
Also see: Time Management Tips for Students
Table of Content
Advantages (Merits) of Living In The United States of America
1. Security: The issue of security always comes first because it holds the balance by ensuring that lived and properties are safe and preserved. No Nation thrives in anarchy or war. America is known as the World Power and that is as a result of their commitment towards the issue of security in all areas. Living in America affords you the luxury of safety at all times. You are rest assured of not being surprised by any form of unwarranted threat to life and properties.
The security system in America is categorically placed as one of the best in the world. The system is not as corrupt as some Countries have it. They have security agencies that prioritizes their duty and primary assignment towards the State and the citizens. They do not only protect the lives and properties of the citizens but also ensures that their civil rights are protected as well. This is one of the major factors that has encouraged the mass exodus into the United States. In US, security is assured and that is a big advantage of living in the country.
2. Quality Education: Education ranks very high in the United States as the Government understands the importance of education to national development. With major educational institutions in the US like Havard, Stanford, Colombia Universities and many other reputable citadels of learning, one would easily come to a reasonable conclusion that education is top priority of the United States Government.
Another major factor is the standard and quality of education offered in these institutions. Deciding to live in the US either as a student or prospective student offers you a great academic experience that is of highest quality.
3. Quality Healthcare Service: The healthcare sector in United States is one of the best in the world. With plethora of State hospitals equipped with the best and world class medical facilities, the level of treatment given to patients are of the highest standard. Residing in America and diligently paying you taxes would afford you the best medical care you could ever think of getting anywhere in the world.
The Government has great concern for the sector and has shown that by allocating over ten percent of her annual budget on health care sector. This is to ensure the well-being of the citizens. It is a great advantage when you decide to reside in America.
4. Means of Transportation: America boasts of the best transport system. With all forms of transportation fully functional, one only has to choose which means if transportation he or she would prefer and the one that suits her economic class. The system is designed to accommodate the rich and wealthy and at the same time, make room for the average income earners to still afford a decent life.
Transportation system in the US can be said to be an advantage because you don’t have to worry so much about moving around as the system has provided you with myriad of options to choose from.
5. Employment Opportunities: The United States of America is one of the most developed countries in the world and so, it is advanced in both human capital development, science and technology. It has a very vibrant and robust market economy that absorbs unemployed citizens by creating opportunities in different areas.
Artificial intelligence, industries and the corporate world. Even as a student, you stand a chance of gainful employment that would be flexible enough to still afford you time for studies.
Disadvantages (Demerits) of Living In The United States of America
1. Taxes: In discussing about healthcare and security as advantages of living in the United States, it becomes imperative to point out that these amenities are provided with the tax paid by the citizens.
The taxing scheme is quite strict and so, it is a stringent factor that affects the average income earners in the US.
2. Visa: Securing a Visa to one of the most secured countries in the world comes with a lot of hurdles indeed. One have to be sure and prepared to answer lots of questions about their reason and intention of getting into the country. It can be frustrating sometimes and very discouraging.
3. Cost Of Medical Care: It is no doubt how great the health sector is in US, however, the cost of affording such top class medical attention may be a major challenge to many as it is way expensive. It is quite expensive for the middle and lower class citizens to afford such medical care and so, unless you’re quite rich, you might find it worrisome over there.
4. Cost Of Living: The economy is quite viable and stable but it still doesn’t translate to a cheap and affordable cost of living in the United States. The cost of living over there is quite high and one need to work extra hard to keep up. This is quite a major disadvantage because it is not favorable to a larger majority of the citizens.
5. Weather Condition: With extreme cold during the winter, heat during the summer, one may want to prepare him or herself very well before traveling in other not to face an entirely different weather condition that might pose a great health challenge especially when traveling from Africa where the weather is mostly temperate and regular.
Recommended: African Countries with the Most Handsome Men
In summary, it is a good idea to learn about other parts of the world and the situation if things over there. It becomes even necessary to know and understand them when you desire to change your environment and move into a totally different environment. This will help you have an idea of what things are or look like over there before going so you don’t get to be taken by surprise.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.