Which is the Best mathematics textbooks in Nigeria for junior/secondary schools? Generally mathematics is a complex subject for some students and there is no doubt about that. But you will also agree with me that the textbook used by a student goes a long way to determine how difficult or easy the subject will be for that student. Take for instance, when i was still in secondary school (around 2017), i remember using Comprehensive Mathematics textbook throughout my SS1 and SS2. However, when i came across Essential Mathematics Textbook, my life changed. I loved it to the extent that i only used essential to pass my WAEC, NECO and even JAMB.
This is a fact that parents who want the best go their children must note. So based on my research, i have been able to come up with some mathematics textbooks that are really easy for students to understand. If you are a parent or a student who is searching for the best mathematics textbooks in Nigeria for junior/senior secondary school, then you are in the right place.
Best mathematics textbooks in Nigeria for junior/secondary schools
1. Integrated Mathematics By Afolabi.
2. Adelodun A. A (2000). Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, (3rd Edition) Ado ”“Ekiti: FNPL.
3. Anyebe, J. A. B (1998). Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions, Lagos: Kenny Moore.
4. New School Mathematics
5. Egbe. E name(s)? (2000). Further Mathematics, Onitsha: Africana ”“ FIRST Publishers
6. Progressive Mathematics for SS 3 (Macmillan)
7. Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M (2001). New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3, Lagos: Longman.
8. Ibude, S. O. name(s)? (2003). Algebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges: LINCEL Publishers.
Other mathematics textbooks you should see:
1. Adelodun A. A (2000) Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, (3rd Edition) Ado –Ekiti: FNPL.
2. Egbe. E et al (2000) Further Mathematics, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers.
3. Ibude, S. O. et al (2003) Algebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges: LINCEL Publishers.
4. Anyebe, J. A. B (1998) Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions, Lagos: Kenny Moore.
5. Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M (2001) New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3, Lagos: Longman.
6. David –Osuagwu, M. et al (2000) New School Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers.
7. Tuttuh – Adegun M. R. et al (1997), Further Mathematics Project Books 1 to 3, Ibadan: NPS Educational.
8. Wisdomline Pass at Once JAMB.
Why you should use the best textbooks for mathematics
1. They are recommended by most external and internal examination bodies: Most of the textbooks which are used and approved my many external examination bodies like, WAEC, NECO and JAMB. This is the main reason why you have to use them. The rationale is that most of the questions asked in most of these external examinations are drawn from the textbooks.
2. They are easier to understand: Apparently, mathematics is not an easy subject because it is concerned with calculations and a slight misunderstanding can make everything go wrong. That is another reason why you should use the books mentioned above. They are easy to read and understand even without getting a teacher to explain to you in details.
3. For the purpose of clearity: Sometimes, there can be different ways of solving a particular maths question from different textbooks and using any of these methods have some stipulated marks attached. By using the above mathematics textbooks you don’t have to worry about which method of solving to use when preparing for external examinations because they are already recommended by the examination body. All you have to do is to use the method stipulated in your textbook and you are good to go.
Where to get the best mathematics textbook in Nigeria
There are a few places where citizens of Nigeria can purchase books. But be it as it may, it is wise to first and foremost, check the bookstore closest to you. Majority of the bookstores in Nigeria will have them, but incase you couldn’t find them, then try buying online from any of the education online store in Nigeria.
It should be noted that buying books online are usually more expensive especially if the company is delivering the book to you.
In conclusion, i must let you know that mathematics is a very crucial subject and shouldn’t be joked with. It is not a subject that any type of textbook will help. Conversely, i enjoin you to make good use of this information by purchasing at least one of the best above if you intend to pass the impending WAEC, NECO or JAMB examination.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.