How to keep a man: It’s critical to maintain his interest once you’ve found the man you want to keep. After a few days or weeks of dating, most guys will begin to lose interest in you. Because guys have a shorter attention span than most women, keeping a man can be tough. You must understand the difference between keeping him interested and encouraging him to become interested in you.
You can pique his interest by making oneself attractive, but keeping him intrigued is the real issue. Here are some suggestions for keeping a man interested in you and even extending your relationship.
Recommended: 10 Signs You are Ready for Marriage
9 Tips to Keep A Man In Love With You
1. LOVE YOURSELF: Cliché? Sure. But you can’t expect others to do it if you don’t.
We all want to be loved and to be loved. Developing our capacity to love ourselves is a good way to practice loving others. You don’t believe you are deserving of others’ love if you can’t love yourself.
You’ll struggle to develop a healthy, long-term relationship if you don’t believe you’re deserving of others’ affection. Are you thinking to yourself that you’re still dating and it’s far too early to think about love?
This isn’t about falling in love; it’s about building the groundwork for a future relationship. It’s all about ensuring that you’re lovable and demonstrating that to your man.
Because you, like everyone else, aren’t perfect, it’s difficult to love yourself. Accept that you have weaknesses as well. Work on them but don’t punish yourself too much. If you accept yourself, you will be accepted by others.
Finally, loving oneself is as easy as loving others, so imagine how you would treat someone else if you were in their shoes.Respect, love, and care for yourself as you would for those closest to you. Learn to correct and forgive at the same time. You are your own greatest ally, adversary, and lover.
2. BE INTERESTED IN HIS HOBBIES: Taking the initiative to become interested in one or more of his hobbies is a great way to keep a man’s attention on you.However, just because you know you’ll never be excellent at basketball doesn’t mean you have to force yourself to play. The idea is to select only those of his activities in which you can imagine yourself being interested and enjoying.
Even if you don’t like basketball, you might like watching it. You may all watch his favorite team play and discuss it afterwards. You can also cheer him while watching him play.
3. SHOW OFF YOUR JOCULAR SIDE: Nothing appeals to guys more than a lady who knows how to laugh and have a good time. Showing your amusing side is one way to keep a guy intrigued.
You and he can share an intimate bonding experience through laughter, and if you can make him laugh extremely hard with your caustic antics, smart punch lines, and timely delivery, he will most likely stick with you.
4. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Men appreciate it when they know their partner will back them in their ambitions.Being supportive of a guy is one technique to keep him engaged. Men use your nurturing and loving qualities to determine whether you are deserving of a long-term and committed commitment.
This isn’t to imply you have to become his second mother; it’s just to let him know you’re always there for him.
5. MAKE AN EFFORT TO LOOK GOOD: After dating a guy for a while, most women believe that wearing sweatpants on dates is OK. However, this may cause the guy to lose interest in you completely, resulting in all of your previous dates being a waste of time.
This isn’t to say you need a full face of makeup, but putting a little effort into your appearance, even if you’ve been dating for a long time, is one way to keep your boyfriend interested in you.
Recommended: 10 Secrets of Every Successful Marriage
6. PLAY NO GAMES: You’ve certainly heard or read a lot of dating ‘game‘ advice. Don’t text back right away, talk to other guys to make him jealous, and treat him badly to keep him on his toes are other suggestions. These guidelines, according to its supporters, are intended to keep a man interested. Isn’t it exactly what you want to do? Yes, but you’re fooling him by keeping him interested. You’re developing a relationship on extremely fragile foundation if you have to pretend you don’t like someone to persuade them to like you.
You may get what you want right now, but you won’t be able to maintain it after the entire house of cards collapses in a few months. You’re not revealing your true self by playing games with him. You’re not giving him your best shot.
Consider this: If you just gave him the chance to meet the real you, he might fall in love with her. But if she’s hidden beneath all the games, he might as well give up and move on. Gaming can have the opposite effect. There’s also the reality that he’ll almost certainly be aware of your activities.
The majority of emotionally educated adults can sense when they’re being manipulated, and they don’t like it.You wouldn’t be impressed if you discovered he got his dating technique from a book or an internet forum, so why should you do it to him?
7. TAKE THE LEAD SOMETIMES: Many women have been conditioned to feel that they must always follow his lead and do what he desires.Even strong and independent women who have successful careers may fall prey to this without even realizing it.
Girls are taught to treat everyone with kindness and to put others first. No man, on the other hand, wants a meek and timid woman who would always do what he wants and never speak her mindA woman who is continually seeking reassurance will find it difficult to maintain a relationship and will quickly turn a man off.And if you’re too eager to do anything they want, some men will take you for granted.
They’ll start to think of you as a mother or sister, which isn’t a place you want to be.If you’re a natural leader, which many women are, that’s fantastic. Maintain your efforts. If you aren’t, make a conscious effort to make decisions on occasion. Rather than waiting for him to suggest a restaurant, you choose and book one yourself. He’ll like your self-assurance and independence.
Recommended: Most Profitable Skills to Learn in 2022
8. BE EASY GOING: This isn’t to say you shouldn’t expect your partner to pay attention to you. I read a book (written by a man) in which the protagonist thought his girlfriend was “a miracle” since she didn’t force him to attend her art displays. No. No, no, no. You should break up with your lover right away if he rejects things that are significant to you. I don’t mean nitpicky when I say “easygoing.” Being Open to new ideas, funny etc are examples.
So be prepared to undertake things like camping without running water for a weekend. Don’t roll your eyes at people on the street. Don’t be so set on wearing this, not eating that, or not hanging out with this person because they’re awkward or uneducated or anything else you’re afraid would make you look undignified for being their friend.
Recommended: How to Easily Forget About Someone you Love
9. MAKE AN EFFORT TO HANDLE MATTERS GENTLY: Instead of arguing, try having a dialogue. Remember that this is someone you care about, and you’re both trying to make a life for yourselves. If a contentious subject arises, try to have a mature dialogue in which both of you can express your feelings.
If a problem seems significant enough to bring up, attempt to do it at the appropriate time. Choose a time when you’re both free of extraneous distractions and can focus solely on each other.If an argument becomes heated, adopt a calm tone of voice and positive words to diffuse the situation.
Recommended: 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Your 20s
Men aren’t that complicated; even the most unpredictable of them have some characteristics. Making a man happy will turn him into putty in your hands. When your partner is happy, life is easy.Try to pay attention to your partner. If he says he wants something, it’s because he wants to be happy in the relationship, and he needs to know that you’ll do whatever he asks because you care about him.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.