How To Learn a New Skill Quickly and Effectively: Rapid learning has become more of an actuality than you think, thanks to today’s great technological advancements. The present generation has greater knowledge and availability of information than any previous generation. We can access a wealth of information on the internet to answer practically any inquiry. It’s more about being able to learn faster than it is about being a natural-born genius when it comes to becoming smarter.
Recommended: How to read for long hours Without Getting Tired
How To Learn a New Skill Quickly
Here are 16 quick strategies to learn a skill quickly and effectively:
1. Reverse Engineering and Deconstruct: Break down the skill you wish to learn into little chunks and study tactics for mastering one section at a time. The little components will be put together to form the entire skill.
When learning to play the guitar, for instance, learn how to press down a chord sequence with your fingers before attempting to strum the chord. After you’ve mastered switching between a few chord patterns, add the strumming.
2. Use the Pareto Principle to your advantage: Use the 80/20 rule, which is also known as the Pareto Principle. Determine the 20% of the labour that will provide 80% of the results.
Take, for instance, learning another language. It doesn’t take long to notice that some terms appear again as you study. For example, you may conduct a fast search for “most often used French terms” and start learning those first before moving on to the others.
Also see: Best time to read and understand effectively
3. Set Stakes: Develop some type of penalty for failing to master the talent you’re looking for. If you don’t accomplish your goals, some websites will allow you to donate to a charity that you despise. You might even make a bet with a friend to get the fire going.
Keep in mind, however, that incentives are more motivating than punishment, according to multiple pieces of research.
4. Record yourself: Seeing oneself on film can help you learn from your blunders and pinpoint areas where you can improve. For musicians, actors, speakers, performers, and dancers, this is extremely effective.
5. Participate in a Group: Learning in a group has several advantages. You’ll not only be able to learn from others but you’ll also be motivated to work together to create progress. Join a chess club, a mastermind group, or an online meet-up group to meet other people who share your interests.
Also see: Best online universities to attend in the world
6. Time Travel: Pay a visit to the library. Even though everything is going more and more online, libraries still exist.
Whether it’s a public library or a university library, you’ll be surprised at the number of books available that aren’t available online. Look for the hidden gems and wisdom in the truly ancient books in particular.
7. Be a chameleon: Imitate your biggest hero when you wish to gain new skills. Watch a video to learn from someone else’s experience. Participate in imitation and reproduce what you observe.
Mimicry, in addition to learning, has been proved to be a useful method for not just forming but also maintaining bonds and social interactions. Visual learning is a fantastic approach to accelerate your learning. Thousands of videos on practically any subject are available on YouTube.
Recommended: Most profitable skills to learn in the world
8. Focus: Stick to one path until you reach your goal. It’s all too easy to become side-tracked, throw in the towel, or become engrossed in the next big thing and forget about what you set out to achieve.
Multitasking is a bad concept since it has been proven to be harmful and ineffective. Simply concentrate on learning one new ability at a time until you’ve mastered it.
9. Imagine: Imagine yourself mastering your new talent and taking the steps necessary to achieve results. This is a valuable skill to have while studying the fundamentals of changing a bad habit.
10. Look for a mentor: Success leaves traces behind it. Finding an expert and learning from their errors is the most efficient way to become an expert.
When you want to master new talents, understanding what not to do from an expert will speed up your learning. Having them personally guide you through what has to be done is a great gain. Make contact with them by sending an email.
Also see: How to answer law problem questions (Essay and problem questions)
11. Sleep on It: Within four hours after going to bed, practice your new skill. Any practice completed inside this time limit allows your brain’s neural pathways to incorporate the lesson more quickly. Your memory and motor mechanics are ingrained at a faster rate.
12. By doing, you will learn: It’s all too easy to get wrapped up in reading and accumulating knowledge on how to master new abilities and never really perform them. Doing is the greatest way to learn.
Make sure you’re physically involved at all times, no matter how unprepared you are. Alternate between research and practice as needed.
Recommended: How to start a business with small capital and be successful
13. Complete Short Sprints: Instead of straining yourself to put in more hours of commitment, work in small bursts of about half an hour, then relax or go for a brief stroll. Your brain’s attention span functions best with small pauses, so make sure to give it the rest it requires.
In one research, pupils who took two brief breaks while studying outperformed those who did not.
14. Get Rid of the Distractions: Make certain that the atmosphere you’re in is conducive to speedy learning. That includes avoiding social media and resisting the urge to check your inbox. As the expression goes, “When something is out of sight, it is out of mind.”
Make sure that any possible distractions are out of sight before you sit down to master new abilities.
Also see: Reasons why most people aren’t successful in life
15. Make use of nootropics: These cognitive boosters, often known as brain enhancers, are available in natural herbal forms and as supplements.
Many students will swear by the enhanced focus that nootropics bring, especially as they prepare to study for exams. Natural herbal nootropics have been utilized in Ayurvedic traditions to boost the mind and learning for thousands of years.
Once you’ve learned a skill, put it to use, master it, and alter yourself. Enjoy the thrill of mastering the talent. Others should be taught. This will assist someone learns and will make their learning lasting. Success should be celebrated.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.