Top 10 Most Important Things in Life: Life is generally important. But what makes life important are those positive incidences contained in life. There are so many of them. And while they glitter, people tend to get carried away from the most important things. What is considered important in life may be subject to an instant peculiar circumstance.
For instance, for a sick person, the most important thing for a life in his condition is to get well. Same applies to other various life circumstances. That notwithstanding, in this article we shall be pointing out the ten most important things in life which applies generally in all realms of life. Whenever you feel like you are getting out of track, always reconsider the following:
Recommended: Reasons why people fail in life
Top 10 Important Things In Life
1. Time: time is the inevitable progression into the future with the passing of present and past events. Time is the totality of life itself. In fact, it is considered the most important life event. It is continuous, unstoppable, and has no regulations. Time is that factor that allows you to pass through life, and life through you. What makes it critical is the fact that time waits for no one.
We were not left with option; but we were left with responsibility. What responsibility? Time management. The only way to be in charge of time, conquer time, borrow or buy time is to master the virtue of time management. It is by proper time management that one takes absolute charge of his life; otherwise, there would be so much interference which would eventually lead to failure. A person who has failed to manage time has failed in life management. Time is powerful!
2. Health: a common saying states that, “health is wealth”. Health is life also. Human body is all about proper management. It is susceptible to various risks of exposure. Prevention of ailment is best recommended all the time. This is because, when damage occurs in human body system, most of the systems does not replenish. Therefore the damage remains so. The most that can be done is to preserve its current state and prevent further damages from occurring. That is why the best health remedy is the preventive remedy.
Therefore, health is of utmost importance in life. With a poor health, life is not guaranteed. Moreover, poor health can be painful. It comes with a lot of discomfort ranging from bodily pain, unwarranted financial commitment and mental instability. At last, everybody is destined to die. But as long as we are authorized to live for the mean time, one must learn to live healthily as long as it is within ambits. A person with a poor health will always be less productive. And when one is less productive, he is being distracted from his purpose. Health here extends to mental health too.
3. Happiness: happiness is the joyous emotion arising from the consciousness of well-being, comfort, peace and tranquility. Happiness is the sweetness of life. Every existing being deserves to be happy. People’s state of happiness may be determined by things happening around them, as well as things from within. A person who has proper time management skill has a tendency to be a happy person.
Couple it with a person who enjoys abundance of good health. Other factors such as achievements, satisfaction, etc, also contribute to a happy state. Sometimes the happiness may not just come to you; you may have to seek for it, work for it and find it.
4. Love: life is all about love. From the moment of conception up till the moment of birth, one is already experiencing love. It continues as such right from the family, and out there in the larger society. life revolves around humanity and love. Every human being is a subject of love and as such, deserves to be loved. When the love is missing, life becomes depressing and miserable.
Love gives one a sense of belonging and acceptance. And with that sense of belonging, confidence is built, and purpose is motivated. As important as love is, one must learn to show love and be open to receive love as well.
Also see: How to know a fake friend and what to do
5. Peace: peace is the absence of violence and the presence of tranquility, quietness and harmony. Peace is the state of being free from oppressive and unpleasant thought and emotions. Nothing is worth your peace. Peace is a state of the mind.
The state of the mind is powerful and will always reflect and have an impact on your daily life, activities, dealings with another, your purposes and achievements. The importance of peace in life can never be overemphasized.
6. Purpose: life without a purpose is a no life at all. Nothing exists without a purpose, let alone a human being. Purpose is an aim and objective targeted to be reached, or a result that is desired to be attained. Purpose is all about direction and goal.
Only but few mad people may walk to and fro without having a target destination. Life is all about purpose. One must go on a voyage of discovering his purpose and start living up to it. Otherwise, there wouldn’t have been need for existence.
Recommended: Life lessons everyone should learn in their 20s
7. Resources, Capital and Needs: in pursuit of your purpose, the reward usually comes in form of money. Resources and capital are indispensable factors of existence.
They are necessary to attain one’s purpose and to have one’s living worthwhile. The basic needs such as food, water, shelter and other needs also constitute indispensable requirement of life.
8. Flexibility: Life is never rigid. Therefore, its bearers, especially human beings, must learn the act of flexibility. Flexibility here entails the capability of making adjustments, giving way for people and things where necessary, the act of compromising where necessary and most importantly; learning, unlearning and relearning where it is warranted.
It is important to note that in life, inasmuch as there are norms, rules and series of events, there is always never a hard and fast rule. As long as change remains constant, events will always learn to adjust with occurrences.
Recommended: Best side hustles for students while in school
9. People: a popular saying goes that, “we are all we have”. We live our lives for people, and people live their lives for us. We are all we’ve got to make life worth living. Talk about love, peace, purpose, happiness, health, etc. all these are fostered, made possible and enhanced by human beings.
Asides being economic tools, human beings are tools for salvation. Their existence makes life meaningful.
10. Fulfillment and Salvation: fulfillment and salvation is the act of consummating a desire. It is the state of realization. At the topmost of Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of need is “self actualization”. Everyone desires to live a satisfactory life. The journey to satisfaction starts from formulation of purpose. When purposes are formulated, the attainment of satisfaction becomes a motivation for driving the purpose.
When people successfully attain their goal, they would become fulfilled and satisfied up to the point of their achievement. This gives them peace, happiness and a reason to have a purpose again.
Recommended: Most Important Laws of Science
11. Humanity: In all we do, it is best to always have in mind that we are humans. Humanity is a wide concept that can be given several interpretations and illustrations. Humanity is the quality of being benevolent and considerate towards others, regardless of their status in life. It entails being loving, kind and compassionate.
This must be exhibited through our attitudes in relating to others. Humanity ought to be a factor that describes humans. It ought to be at the forefront of every considerable factor and circumstance. Humanity should be the reason why we live. A person guided by the principles of humanity has lesser chances of committing wrongs. He also has greater opportunities and likelihood to receive humanity. Humanity matters most in life, for it is beneficial to the person and the society at large.
12. Authenticity: Authenticity wins the test of time. Authenticity is the quality of being genuine, and having pure intentions. Authenticity is one factor which everybody consciously look out for in persons in all aspects of life. No person wants to have anything serious to deal with a sham. Being genuine attracts greater prospects, yields trust and paves way for a person.
Recommended: How to argue like a lawyer
The above discourse successfully highlighted the top ten most important things in life. All of the highlights are applicable to all aspect of life. Read closely, you’d see that they somewhat have a link unto each other. Asides the above discussed, there are several other factors which are also considered important in life, although those others seems to be a sub aspect of the ones we have discussed.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.