Advantages and Disadvantages Of Being A Famous Person: Is it true that becoming renowned is always a good thing? If you believe this, you must educate yourself on the lives and deaths of celebrities, as well as whether or not it is desirable to be in the public eye at all times. The majority of us aspire to be well-known. Consider the expensive automobiles, mansions, large sums of money, and millions of followers clamoring for your name. We seem to assume that only by getting into the “show” business will we be able to acquire those material possessions and live a wealthy lifestyle in a flash. Is it, however, worthwhile? Is it always beneficial to be famous?
Celebrities’ deaths, such as Michael Jackson’s, have left us wondering whether they were able to live the lives they genuinely desired. On the other hand, the inexhaustible fame of numerous celebrities these days has us wondering whether they are truly content to be part of the international scene or not.
The amount of celebrities who commit suicide as a result of despair is disturbing, especially now. Who says being famous is always enjoyable? Being famous has both benefits and drawbacks. You may believe that a famous person or celebrity has everything in life (a common misconception), yet there are various disadvantages and drawbacks to being famous.
Recommended: Top Most popular Countries in Africa
Table of Content
Advantages of Being A Famous and Popular Person
1. Having More Money: Obviously, the most significant benefit of becoming a celebrity. In general, celebrity brings a lot of good fortune. Gardeners, cooks, housekeepers, and other servants keep them in lovely homes or houses.
They can also afford to buy the nicest clothes and whatever they want, not worry about paying bills, drive the newest car models, travel extensively, buy expensive gifts, spend their vacations or holidays in the most luxurious resorts, and much more! Celebrities frequently live in more opulent surroundings than the average Joe.
2. Local and International Recognition: Everywhere they go, well-known people are recognized. This is a terrific way to enhance your ego. They also get access to other celebrities and are invited to the most exclusive parties.
Imagine walking into practically any location and knowing that at least a few people will recognize you. Isn’t it thrilling? Not to mention the kind of attention you’ll get if you’re a celebrity on social media or in the music industry.
3. Opportunities Abound: You can safely say there’s almost nothing like a “closed door” for a celebrity. When a person becomes renowned, many various chances open up, whether they are career-related or not. Kim Kardashian, for example, is not only well-known in the entertainment world, but she also has the financial means to invest in newer ventures such as perfumes and garments. When they reach stardom, most celebrities choose to get involved in the business.
4. Having Devoted Fans: Isn’t it daunting to realize that there are millions of individuals prepared to share your joys and sorrows? After all, a celebrity would not be able to achieve the level of fame that he or she is without the unwavering support of their admirers.
Fan mail and other types of appreciation that a public figure receives can be humbling, motivating, and inspiring. Isn’t it nice to have a following, devotees, and fans?
Recommended: Most dangerous people in the world
5. Special care wherever they Go: Celebrities are given special tables at restaurants, special seats in cinemas, and other advantages that make them the most popular clients wherever they go. You’d probably also enjoy getting front-row seats at a special event or having priority entrance to nightclubs.
These are the advantages that a celebrity may enjoy as a result of their celebrity. Isn’t it true that you’d like to try these out?
Disadvantages or Downsides To Being A Famous Person or Celebrity
1. No Privacy: Whether you like it or not, and whether it is true or not, even the smallest detail about yourself, your family, or your love life will be the talk of the town.
As a result, fame isn’t always a positive thing. As soon as you enter the entertainment industry, you must realize that your life is no longer solely yours; it now belongs to everyone.
2. Paparazzi: Expect a crowd of people to rush and hound you for pictures and autographs, even if it’s simply to get something nearby or walk to the grocery.
Also, because the paparazzi constantly photograph them, celebrities often feel uncomfortable wearing certain types of clothing.
Recommended: How to become a successful business woman
3. Stalkers: When you become a star, stalkers can be a big pain in the neck. You’re probably aware of Whitney Houston’s stalkers, one of whom was giving her flowers, calling her offices, and, worst of all, tormenting her.
As a result, being popular necessitates always keeping an eye on your back. It would seem that once a person becomes famous, the only safe space he or she has is in the comfort of their home.
4. Unnecessary Rumors: People frequently strike up conversations about celebrities at inopportune moments. People can say unpleasant things about you in practically any scenario, even if it doesn’t seem like a huge concern at the moment.
This may have varying effects on your life, family, or future. The most damaging sort of gossip is rumors about someone’s death! One of these was a rumor that claimed Sylvester Stallone had died of cancer, which started in a specific year.
Thankfully, it was all a web hoax, but it caused significant harm to him, his family, and even a fan. So rumors have a way of either boosting the charisma of a celebrity or tarnishing their image.
5. Frequent Travels: If you’re not someone who enjoys traveling, becoming a celebrity may be difficult for you. Famous people are frequently required to spend time away from their families and friends.
There’s always that place to visit, or that concert to hold, or that charity event to attend and many more occasions that keeps the celebrity on the road constantly.
Also see: Most Capitalist Countries In The World
6. Issues Of Trust: In the entertainment industry, you never know who your true pals are. You have no idea who deserves your trust or who will put your friendship in jeopardy.
You have no idea who can provide you with genuine love. As a result, it is critical to examine your past and evaluate each person that enters your life.
7. You Just Can’t Make A Mistake: Have you ever wanted to go “wild” but been afraid that someone would notice and lose respect for you? Celebrities may desire it, but they prefer to keep a clean image in order to protect their reputation and status as artists.
Because of these drawbacks, being famous may not always be desirable. So, do you think you’d still want to be a celebrity?
Recommended: Best musicians in Africa 2022
As you can see, fame is both a blessing and a curse. You can cherish all of your worldly possessions and live a rich lifestyle for as long as you wish, but some things must be sacrificed, such as your privacy. Though this may seem to tilt a lot towards the negative, you mustn’t forget that it all depends on how you choose to see it. Popularity may make or break you, and how you handle this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is all up to you.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.