Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Tall: One of life’s greatest gifts is being tall. Despite the countless memes and jokes about people of bigger stature, they face a number of problems in their daily lives. Many people comment on a person’s height, but they are ignorant of the advantages that come with it. There are a few disadvantages, but they are outweighed by the advantages. We’re going to talk about how fantastic it is to be tall today.
Being tall can in handy in a variety of situations. For example, it is simpler to stand on the bus because you can reach the handrail, or it is easier to see over people’s heads when you are in a crowd. It can also assist you in reaching the upper cupboards in the wardrobe without trouble, eliminating the need for a chair or other assistance. However, we must not overlook the physical disadvantages of being taller than usual.
We are all aware of how difficult it is for tall people to find clothing that fits them, as well as the fact that furniture and modes of transportation are made for typical people. As a result, I imagine that really tall people must find driving a car, standing on the bus with their head bowed, or sitting on a bus or train with no legroom quite uncomfortable.
Recommended: Advantages and Disadvantages of Being a Woman
Advantages That Come With Being Tall
1. It’s natural for you to become intimidating: When a person stands taller than the rest of the group, they look to be frightening. This is especially true when they can keep good posture. Depending on the situation or goal that a person is attempting to achieve, this can be beneficial or harmful.
People will feel safer around you if you are taller, and others will think twice about starting a fight with you if you are shorter. It’s awful in the sense that when you meet someone in person, they could feel shy. However, by smiling and making a polite gesture, you can defuse the situation.
2. You gain an advantage in a variety of sports: This is an evident benefit for persons who are taller. You are gifted with a tremendous height, which gives you an advantage in a variety of sports. Height is advantageous in a variety of sports, including netball, volleyball, basketball, tennis, and others.
Furthermore, having a tall stature gives you a wide range of motion, which aids you in activities such as swimming, fencing, rowing, rock climbing, and so on. When playing basketball, standing tall provides an edge in terms of rebounds, and long legs provide a vast range of artillery. The opponents will find it difficult to get a hit as a result, and they will be forced to enter first. When it comes to sports, being tall can be quite advantageous.
3. You appear to be lean most times: If you’ve ever observed persons of larger height, you’ll find that they tend to appear slender. Taller people are generally thought to be thinner than those of shorter stature. Five experiments were conducted in order to determine the vertical and horizontal extents of two similar bodies, and the results were varied.
As a result, persons with the same girth have different physical forms. Shorter people appear fatter, whereas taller people appear leaner. A simple explanation is that when a person is tall, their weight is dispersed throughout their body, resulting in everyone being skinny. A person who is short, on the other hand, does not have enough room in their body for the weight to be distributed evenly. As a result, a shorter person appears to be obese.
4. You’ll always be able to see through the throng, no matter how dense it is: You have the benefit of seeing through if you are taller than the majority of the people in the throng. Even if you stand in the far back, you’ll be able to see. You have the incredible benefit of having a completely uninterrupted vision in every way.
Additionally, even if it is quite crowded down there, you will continue to get fresh air. You’ll be gasping for breath from above, while everyone else is saturated in sweat from the heat.
Recommended: Countries with the Most Handsome Men in the world
5. Men with towering stature look to be more macho: Yes, you read that correctly. A man’s personality is enhanced by his stature. It gives them a more macho appearance. Shorter guys are looked down upon, but anyone would think twice about clashing with a taller man.
Furthermore, many people regard a shorter man as inferior to a man standing in front of taller men. Height is also responsible for oozing charm, whether or not the person desires it.
6. A taller man is thought to exude authority: Yes, that’s true, whether you believe it or not. Taller males are thought to have more authority than their shorter counterparts. People who are taller tend to rise through the ranks of an organization faster than those who are shorter. The majority of CEOs are taller than normal, which is the most typical trend.
With their height of nearly 6 feet, the majority of them may be seen skimming the treetop. Being a tall man should provide you with an exceedingly positive feeling. Taller people have a lot of advantages, and it’s thought that they’ll help things fall into place. You must have understood by now that being tall is a blessing rather than a curse.
Disadvantages That Come With Being Tall
1. Finding the Right Clothes: One of the most obvious drawbacks of being tall is the absence of appropriate footwear and apparel. We can’t just stroll into a store, grab something off the shelves, and walk out happy. No, it’s unlikely that anything will fit in there. Tall people require clothing designed specifically for them.
This can be aggravating because it’s virtually always done online (no opportunity to test it on) and it’s usually a niche production (higher prices).
2. Girls are more interested in your height than in you: On the subject of being chosen based on your height rather than your personality or skills, tall guys are popular among females. Isn’t that fantastic? Of course, that’s a great gesture. However, if you ask me if it has always been fantastic, I would say no.
When you’re at a party, you could get the impression that someone is coming over to chat with the tall guy, not you. They like your height more than anything else about you. It’s simple to see right through that move if they’re tall themselves.
Recommended: Countries with the best most handsome men in Africa
3. Hugging and kissing are more difficult: When you want to kiss or hug someone, you must stoop down to make it easier for them. However, there are a few strategies to hugging a tall person. Don’t hug the waist too tight, for too long, or half-heartedly.
Those are the three golden principles for hugging someone who is truly making an attempt. The waist-thing makes you feel like a parent. Hugs that are too long are harmful to tall people’s backs. And the half-hug makes us feel neglected and uncomfortable. By sitting or lying down, the disadvantage is overcome. Let the kisses and hugs begin by finding a bench or a bed.
4. Getting struck in the head by doorframes: Another large disadvantage to chuckle about, but trust me when I say that this one can truly hurt. From amusing tiny pimples on the forehead to large gushing wounds in the brain, there’s something for everyone. It hurt like hell—not just because of the skin split, but also because of the head strike, which resulted in a headache. If this results in a concussion, this isn’t all fun and games.
Tall people are also far more prone than average-height persons to bump their skulls. Standard doors are 6’7′′-6’8′′ height, so if you’re taller than that, you need always be cautious. Another reason why tall individuals slouch is because of this.
5. In-ground combat, agility is diminished (a longer body moves harder and needs more space for maneuver).
6. Stiffness that occurs frequently (on average very tall people are less flexible and often, if not trained correctly, they can also have physical problems).
7. Attacking larger targets is easier with a high body.
8. The limbs are (proportionally) more delicate than the rest of the body (and therefore more sensible to joint levers, breakings, etc.).
Recommended: Smartest People In The World with High IQ: Top 11
Being tall has its benefits and drawbacks, just like being small does. So, if you’re too small or too tall, don’t despair. Nature has made us the way we are, and one of the things we can’t alter about ourselves, along with many other aspects of our lives that we desire to change but can’t. But don’t forget that our character or personality, as well as what lies deep within us, counts occasionally. The sea’s surface never reveals what is underneath its surface.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.