UNIZIK Admission Requirements 2023/2024: If you have been searching the internet to know the requirements for admission into the prestigious Nnanmdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), then you are in the right place. Today, i will disclose the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK/NAU).
First, i must point out the fact that, UNIZIK admission requirements are used by the management of the university to determine who and who is not going to be offered admission. In other words, aspirants who do not meet the requirements for admission into the school, may not be offered admission.
This is the exact reason why you should joke with the information contained in this page. Make sure you pay good attention to everything here because, they are very important for anyone that wants to gain admission into UNIZIK this year.
But before I will move to the crux of today’s topic, I want to also disclose some things about UNIZIK that you may not know yet!
- Latest News and Updates from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- UNIZIK Departmental Cutoff Marks for 2023/2024 academic session
- How many admission list does UNIZIK releases every year? See answer
- Best science course to study in the university
- Most populated universities in Nigeria 2023/2024
About Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
Nnanmdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK or NAU) was established in 1991. The university is one of the most prestigious and popularly known federal university in Nigeria. Apparently, UNIZIK was named after one of the Nationalists in the history of Nigeria, Dr. Nnanmdi Azikiwe. Historically, UNIZIK came into being as an offshoot of the defunct Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH) in the 1980s. Currently, UNIZIK is one of the standard universities in Nigeria I can boost of. The university is competitive and its admission requirements are not very easy to meet up with.
Gaining admission into UNIZIK is no very easy because the university usually have a high number of students apply for admission every year. Thus, the university management always increase their departmental cutoff marks so that only the best students will be offered admission into the school. Now that you know about Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), I will disclose the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the school below.
UNIZIK Admission Requirements For UTME Candidates
Below are the requirements for admission into UNIZIK through UTME:
- Candidates must possess at least, 5(five) Credit grades in 5 subjects (Including English and mathematics) in their O’level result. The O‘level result could be WAEC/NECO/GCE or any equivalent result.
- Candidates must make Nnanmdi Azikiwe University their first choice of institution. UNIZIK does not accept second choice candidates for admission.
- Candidates must score at least, 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination.
- Candidates are required to participate in UNIZIK post UTME examination and perform very well in the examination as well.
- Candidates must have the correct subject combination for their courses to be offered admission. Wrong subject combination will not be accepted in the school.
Note: UNIZIK accepts two sittings result for admission. Thus, you can decide to combine two O’level results for admission. You might want to see how to combine WAEC and NECO results here.
UNIZIK admission requirements for Direct Entry Admission
Below are the requirements for admission into UNIZIK through Direct Entry:
- Direct entry candidates must have either of OND, HND or NCE in the relevant programme to be undertaken in the university.
- Direct Entry candidates are required to purchase Direct Entry form from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- In some cases, Direct Entry candidates will be required to participate in UNIZIK UTME examination and meet the cutoff mark for their specific program.
Note: Direct Entry candidates are to note that admission will be given based on candidate’s certificates and direct entry screening result.
If you do not know much about JAMB Direct Entry Registration, i enjoin you to check my article where I explained what JAMB direct entry form is HERE.
- Best education websites for learning in Nigeria
- 5 Ways to gain admission without Jamb
- How to prepare and pass any examination without reading
- Best commercial courses to study in the university
Tuition, Faculties and Population
In addition to the approximately 12,000 part-time course participants, the university has over 22,000 regular students. UNIZIK is a federal university with affordable tuition, as opposed to state-owned universities with expensive tuition.There are roughly 34,000 students enrolled there overall.
UNIZIK is the only varsity authorised by COREN and the National Universities Commission to offer electronics and computer engineering in the southeast.
The total number of departments and faculties at UNIZIK is 57. The university also has the following faculties: legal/law faculty, medical faculty, pharmacy, social science faculty, engineering faculty, environmental science faculty, and faculty of health sciences and technology.
The university’s academic staff are members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The staff union is well renowned for offering scholarships to deserving students.
There you have everything you need to know about gaining admission into UNIZIK this year! Remember that UNIZIK may not offer admission to candidates that do not meet up will all its requirements. That is the main reason why you shouldn’t joke with the information contained here.
Make sure you share this content to as many UNIZIK aspirant as you can. You might save someone from making a very big mistake by doing that. Nonetheless, if you really have any question or contribution to this topic, I would like to here from you.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.