Which is the best biology textbooks in Nigeria for JAMB and WAEC? No doubt, biology is a subject that deals with the study of life. In Nigeria, it is unusual to find a secondary school that does not offer biology because it is an essential subject, especially for science students who intend to further their education into any science field of study. But as you know, biology is a very complex subject because it has a lot of confusing terms and calculations too.
This is why it is necessary for every student to have good biology textbooks what will help to explicitly explain every basic topic in the subject. Currently, there are only few biology books which are good enough for students to use in secondary schools and i am going to share them in this article.
It is pertinent to note that the books here are also recommended by examination bodies like WAEC, NECO and JAMB. I therefore enjoin you to pay good attention to the information contained here.
Also see: Differences between Cross-offers and counter-offers
Best biology textbooks in Nigeria
1. Odunfa, S.A. (2001) Essential of Biology, Ibadan: Heinemann
2. Usua, E.J. (1997) Handbook of practical Biology 2nd Edition, University Press, Limited
3. Oguniyi M.B. Adebisi A.A. and Okojie J.A. (2000) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools: Books 1 – 3, Macmillan
4. Ndu, F.O. C. Ndu, Abun A. and Aina J.O. (2001) Senior Secondary School Biology: Books 1 -3, Lagos: Longman
5. Ramalingam, S.T. (2005) Modern Biology, SS Science Series. New Edition, AFP
6. Stan. (2004) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools. Revised Edition, Ibadan: Heinemann
7. Stone R.H. and Cozens, A.B.C. (1982) Biology for West African Schools. Longman
Also see: How to pass JAMB examination with 300++
Why you should use the best Biology Textbooks in Nigeria for WAEC and JAMB
1. They are officially recommended by JAMB and WAEC: All the books mentioned in this page where not just picked from thin air. They are the officially recommended biology textbooks from WAEC and JAMB. What this means is that, by using any of thr recommended textbook above, you are more likely to pass you examination because questions are usually drawn from the books.
2. For the purpose of clearity: As a student you must have known that, most times, there are little but significant differences between what is thought in different textbooks. These little differences are usually areas where WAEC and JAMB questions come from and by using any of the recommended biology textbook, you are on a safer side because those books are officially recommended. It means that WAEC and JAMB accepts everything contained in the book.
3. They are easy to understand: Another reason why you should use the above recommended JAMB and WAEC biology textbooks is because, they are easy to understand. Yes! Most of the books above are so elaborate that you may not need a teacher to teach you before you learn.
4. They are perfect for advance study: The books above are not just for secondary school students. They are also ideal for advanced study too. In fact, i have seen many Nigerian universities that still make use of them. So by studying with the recommended JAMB and WAEC textbooks, you are preparing yourself for further studies.
Also see: How to prepare and pass WAEC examination
Where to purchase JAMB and WAEC textbook for Biology
You can purchase any of the biology textbooks above either offline or online, but it is always advisable to proceed to any bookshop closest to you because buying books from bookshops are usually cheaper.
Alternatively, you can visit other online stores where books are sold to purchase yours. You may also wish to borrow from someone who has any of them as long as they will allow you to use it as you want.
By way of conclusion, i must let you know that the importance of having a good textbook cannot be overemphasized. If you really want to pass your JAMB and WAEC biology examination, then make good use of the information in this page by proceeding to purchase your own textbook immediately.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.
4 thoughts on “Best Biology Textbooks in Nigeria for JAMB and WAEC (2020/2021)”
You made some first rate points there. I seemed on the internet for the difficulty and found most individuals will go together with along with your website.
I am glad to be a visitor of this double dyed blog! , thankyou for this rare info ! .
Thanks for finally talking about >Best Biology Textbooks in Nigeria for JAMB and WAEC (2020/2021) <Loved it!