ESUT Admission Requirements 2020/2021: Since the commencement of ESUT admission process this year, I have been receiving mails from aspirants of the university asking the question; “What are the requirements for admission into ESUT?“. Well, this is a very good question and that is why I decided to publicly answer the question here.
In this short post, i will show you ESUT’s admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry candidates. Thus, if you are an aspirant of the prestigious Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), you should pay attention to every information contained here.
Note that ESUT admission requirements are like the criteria for gaining admission into the university. Thus, candidates that do not meet the requirements I am going to share in this post, may not be offered admission into ESUT this academic session.
Before I will disclose the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into ESUT, i would like to tell you somethings about ESUT that you probably do not know.
About Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
Apparently, ESUT is one of the best universities of Technology in Nigeria. It is also among the best universities to study Engineering in Nigeria. According to Wikipedia, ESUT was established in 1979 to contribute to the technological growth and development of Nigeria.
It was founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980. However, after some time, the name was changed to what it is today.
No doubt, ESUT is a state government owned university. But that notwithstanding, the university is still very popular and competitive too. In fact, ESUT is one of the most soughted universities in the Eastern part of Nigeria. This has also made it very difficult to gain admission into the school.
Currently, ESUT does not accept second choice candidates for admission. Thus, if you really want to gain admission into ESUT, you must make the institution you first choice.
As we continue, i will disclose other requirements for admission into Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
ESUT admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry candidates
Below are the requirements for UTME and Direct Entry admission into Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT):
- UTME candidates must have five credit level passes which must include a credit pass in English Language and a Science subject in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must be at least, 16 years at the time admission is offered.
- Candidates must score up to 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination to be considered for admission.
- Candidates are expected to purchase ESUT post UTME form, participate in the examination and pass excellently well.
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination combination for their courses. Wrong subject combination may not be accepted by the school.
- Direct entry candidates must have a reasonable score in ESUT direct entry screening.
- Direct entry candidates must have two A’level passes at JUPEB/IJMB/Cambridge and 5 credits in O’level (English language and mathematics inclusive).
- Candidates must have two passes in their major subjects at NCE or O’level requirements or OND certificate no lower than lower credit or HSC.
NOTICE: ESUT accepts two sittings result for UTME and Direct Entry admission. Thus you can use more that one O’level result for admission. CHECK HERE to see how to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into any institution in Nigeria here.
Okay! This is where I am going to stop on ESUT requirements for UTME and Direct Entry admission. Since you have known the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements of the prestigious Enugu State University of Science and Technology, i enjoin you to work very hard so that you will meet the requirements of the institution.
Don’t forget to share this content to all the ESUT aspirants you know. By doing that, you will help others to know the requirements for gaining admission into ESUT this year.
Lastly, if you have any question concerning ESUT admission requirements, kindly use the comment section below this post. I will be glad to hear from you!