Most expensive hospitals in nigeria: Even though our nation has a large number of public and private institutions, access to the greatest medical treatment is still a major concern. When transported to the emergency department, either by themselves or a loved one, people are terrified, but they may find solace in the knowledge that this hospital will take good care of them.
Nigeria’s hospitals are not equipped with the same sophisticated technology as those in industrialized nations, where most, if not all, can easily provide healthcare to their inhabitants. There are good hospitals in Nigeria, but finding the finest might be challenging. This is due to the high cost of the majority of them. Health is wealth, as they say. These hospitals rank among the priciest in Nigeria. You can be certain that you are receiving value for your money.
Recommended: Countries With The Most Spoken Languages
Top 8 Most Expensive Public And Private Hospitals in Nigeria
1. St. Nicholas Hospital: In Lagos State, Nigeria, St. Nicholas Hospital is at the forefront of specialised medical treatment. It is a private, specialised healthcare organisation that guarantees standards for staffing, equipment, and services in all areas of health care.
The hospital is credited for performing the first kidney transplant, kidney transplant therapy, and kidney transplant for a paediatric patient in West Africa. Consequently, St. Nicholas is without a doubt among the top hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria. Many see the hospital as the top orthopaedic hospital in Nigeria after many years of significant advancements in orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery.
Lagos Island’s St. Nicholas Hospital is situated at 57 Campbell Street. Additionally, it operates three more branches in Lagos: Victoria Island, Lekki Free Zone, and Maryland.
2. Reddington Hospital: Reddington Hospital is a specialised facility that was founded in 2006 to offer Nigerians and residents of Lagos top-notch medical care. It began with the branch office on Victoria Island and later expanded to eight more professional offices in Lagos. This hospital is well regarded both domestically and internationally as a 5-star provider of healthcare, with a specialty in cardiology. In addition, the hospital provides renal dialysis, obstetrics, radiology, paediatrics, gynaecology, ophthalmology, and environmental medicine.
The reputation of Reddington Hospital is derived from a top-tier digital health company with experience and influencer management in the medical field. In addition to being the first hospital in Nigeria to create a digital catheterization centre, Reddington Hospital takes pride in having performed the first non-surgical cardiac closure in a paediatric patient. Being the first independent hospital in Nigeria to acquire worldwide certification and quality from the Council for Health Services certification of South Africa (COHSASA), it is apparent why Reddington is among the most costly hospital in Nigeria.
Recommended: Highest Paying Law Firms in Nigeria
3. St. Catherine’s Specialist Hospital, Abuja: The capital of the country, Abuja, offers excellent medical facilities, but St. Catherine is the best. With just 10 beds when it first opened in 1999 in Port-Harcourt, St Catherine’s Specialty Hospital has excelled at offering high-quality medical treatment.
One of the greatest hospitals in the Federal Capital Territory is the Abuja Hospital Unit, which opened its doors in 2016. It is a specialty organisation with a separate section for family medicine, gynaecology, urology, and pregnancy care.
Since it initially opened for business in Abuja, this reputable hospital has offered some of the best medical treatment available in Nigeria; in fact, several sources claim that it is the country’s first.Although it may be the greatest hospital in Nigeria due to its experience and excellent performance standards in managing the Covid-19 epidemic, it is also among the priciest.
4. The University of Port-Harcourt: Teaching Hospital (UPTH): With UPTH, Nigeria’s Niger Delta area can take pride in having one of the nation’s top hospitals located inside its boundaries. With just 60 beds available, the Port Harcourt University Hospital began operations in 1980 and was officially commissioned in 1985. Nonetheless, since its founding, the hospital’s administration and human resources have undergone notable advancements. Its patients receive first-rate medical care from a variety of medical specialists in an 800-bed facility.
Obstetrics and gynaecology, nuclear medicine, neurological diseases, dentistry, medical microbiology, haematology, and many more specialties are all represented in the departments at UPTH. UPTH is proud to have a top-notch medical research and education centre. Additionally, it has over ten departments that are equipped to handle any medical problem that calls for top-notch medical professionals and cutting-edge technology.
Recommended: Best Programming Schools In Nigeria 2024
5. Limi Hospital, Abuja: Over the years, Limi Hospital in Abuja has fulfilled its original objective of supporting the private health care system in Nigeria. It was founded in 1982. It is among the most varied hospitals, having state-of-the-art facilities in a range of specialties, such as family medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, and general surgery.
Abuja’s popular hospital units are dispersed around the city. They were aware of Limi Children’s Hospital, Limi Special Hospital, Limi Medical Research Centre, and Limi Cardiovascular Hospital. By focusing on the “care aspect” of starting treatment and going above and beyond with health promotion and illness prevention as a fundamental component of their strategy, the hospital aims to completely reshape Nigeria’s healthcare system. The best hospital in Nigeria, according to many, is Limi Hospital. It would be difficult to dispute with its track record and remarkable technological investments.
6. Federal Medical Center (FMC), Abeokuta: The top federal hospital in Nigeria is Abeokuta Federal Medical Center, out of a total of 22. In order to offer Ogun State residents and those in other states access to top-notch medical care, the clinic was founded on the 21st of the fourth month in 1993.
FMC Abeokuta is a distinctive organization that takes great satisfaction in its ability to offer high-quality healthcare services, research, and training. With 750 beds, it employs around 50 medical professionals from various specialties. In addition to many other health services, its personnel and facilities are capable of managing diagnostics (ECG, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, X-ray), doing laboratory testing (hematology, medical microbiology), performing quality surgery (plastic, ocular, maxillofacial, urological), prescribing and overseeing patient care, and much more. It is the top Federal Medical Center in Nigeria due to its versatility and competence to treat a wide variety of medical issues.
Recommended: Most Reliable Cars In The World 2024
7. University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan: The University of Ibadan, the top university in Nigeria, is connected to the University College Hospital (UCH), a government teaching hospital. This esteemed medical facility offers top-notch treatment to the populace and has assisted in the training of hundreds of medical professionals in Nigeria.
On November 20, 1957, UCH with 500 seats was put into service. However, 163 of the 1229 beds are diagnostic beds. The hospital is included in the compilation of Nigeria’s top hospitals. Patients whose conditions cannot be addressed are referred to UCH by several institutions and medical specialists in order to receive superior medical care.
Professor Jesse Abiodun Otegbayo, a graduate of the esteemed University of Ibadan, is the director of the UCH Health Center. The Queen Elizabeth II Road, Agodi, Ibadan, Oyo address of the hospital is.
8. Sacred Heart Hospital: According to history, Nigeria’s first hospital was called Sacred Heart Hospital. at 1895, the Roman Catholic Church’s Society of African Missions (SMA) established it at Lantoro, Abeokuta, a town situated in the South West Geopolitical Zone of Nigeria. Sacred Heart has grown to be one of Nigeria’s top hospitals, with locations around the nation, including in Lagos and Abia State, to mention a couple.
Among the highlighted services are renal dialysis, dentistry, radiology, and neonatology, among others. This exceptional institution is recognized as a hub for teaching medical professionals in nursing and medical sciences. Dr. Abiodun Worship is the hospital director of Abeokuta Sacred Heart Hospital.
Recommended: Most Useless Degree In The World 2024
In Nigeria, there are several hospitals. Some are run by organizations or secret societies that have stronger ties to it than the state. Others are sponsored, owned, and operated by the state or federal government using tax payer money. When it comes to service delivery convenience and quality, private hospitals are the finest. However, many people find private health care to be pricey; in particular, middle-class and lower-class individuals frequently choose public hospitals.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.