Richest Baseball Players in The World: Baseball has been around for nearly 170 years and has kept its popularity and uniqueness during that time. The sport is both simple and exciting to follow, and it generates a lot of enthusiasm when you see one of your team’s players reach home plate.
Baseball is a grand, ostentatious sport, which should pique your interest in how its stars have made it big in the industry. This article lists the world’s wealthiest baseball players for the year 2022.
Recommended: Richest basketball players in the world 2022
1. Bud Selig ($400 Million): Bud Selig is ranked first among the top richest baseball players. He is a $400 million dollar baseball executive from the United States.
He currently serves as Baseball Commissioner Emeritus. Selig was in charge of baseball throughout the 1994 strike, the implementation of the wild card, interleague play, and the merger of the National and American Leagues under the Office of the Commissioner. Bud Selig is without a doubt the wealthiest baseball player on the planet.
2. Alex Rodriguez ($350 Million): Alex Rodriguez, dubbed “A-Rod,” is the second wealthiest baseball player in the world. He was a professional American baseball shortstop and third baseman. Rodriguez has 22 seasons of Major League Baseball experience, having played for the Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, and New York Yankees. He is widely regarded as among baseball’s all-time greats. He became the youngest player in baseball history to smash 500 home runs in 2007, making him the youngest player to do it.
He played in the Yankees’ World Series victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in 2009, the first year of the new Yankee Stadium, and his sole world championship. Alex Rodriguez’s total income is estimated to be over $350 million as of 2022.
Also see: Advantages and Disadvantages of Being an Entrepreneur
3. Derek Jeter ($200 Million): Derek Jeter is a multi-billionaire baseball player. He is an American baseball shortstop who is now a businessman, baseball executive, and part-owner of the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball. In the US, he was born on June 26th, 1974. He presently makes $30 million per year in income, putting his net worth at $200 million.
Jeter was a five-time World Series winner with the New York Yankees during his 20-year MLB career. Baseball America named him Minor League Player of the Year as soon as he was advanced to the Greensboro Hornets of the Class A South Atlantic League.
4. Ichiro Suzuki ($180 Million): Ichiro Suzuki (born October22,1973) is a retired Japanese baseball outfielder. His net worth is believed to be $180 million. Suzuki spent the most of his career with the Orix Blue Wave of Japan and the Seattle Mariners of Major League Baseball. He has two MLB records: 262 hits in a single season and 225 singles in a single season.
He is the first player from the Major League Baseball to be inducted into the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame. Ichiro Suzuki’s net worth is believed to be at $180 million as of 2022, making him the fourth richest baseball player in the world.
Also see: Best Countries to Work As and Practice Law
5. Albert Pujols ($170 Million): Albert Pujols and is a Dominican-American baseball player who was born on the 6th of January, 1980. He has a net worth of $170 million. Pujols is the Los Angeles Dodgers’ first baseman. Since then, he’s received honors like Most Valuable Player and All-Star. In 2015, he made his tenth All-Star appearance with the Angels.
He won the World Series twice with the Cardinals, in 2006 and 2011. In May 2018, he hit his 3000th hit, joining an elite group that includes Pete Rose, Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, Derek Jeter, and Alex Rodriguez.
6. Miguel Cabrera ($125 Million): Miguel Cabrera, also known as “Miggy,” was born in Venezuela on April18, 1983. He is a Venezuelan baseball player who plays first base for the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. Cabrera has won the American League Most Valuable Player award two times since his debut in 2003.
For his outstanding performance in 2008, he was awarded a deal worth $152.3 million by the Detroit Tigers. Miguel Cabrera has a net worth of $125 million as of 2022, which places him sixth on the list of the world’s wealthiest baseball players.
Recommended: How To Get a Job in Canada From Nigeria
7. Ryan Howard ($120 Million): Ryan Howard, often known as “The Big Piece,” is a professional baseball player from the United States who was born on November 19, 1979. He has a $120 million net worth. Howard is unquestionably the fastest player to hit 100 and 200 home runs in Major League Baseball history.
In September 2005, he was selected the National League Rookie of the Month after hitting 278 batters with 10 home runs and 22 RBIs. In 2010, he signed a five-year contract with the Phillies worth $125 million, and during his time in the MLB, he earned $190 million in pay.
8. Randy Johnson ($115 Million): Randy Johnson, dubbed “The Big Unit,” is one of baseball’s wealthiest players, with a net worth of $110 million. He was born on September 10th, 1963. He is a former baseball pitcher from the United States. He spent 22 seasons in Major League Baseball with the Seattle Mariners and the Arizona Diamondbacks.
He has 303 career victories, which ranks him seventh all-time among left-handed pitchers in the MBL. Johnson began his career with the Arizona Diamondbacks, signing a four-year contract worth $52.4 million, before joining the New York Yankees in 2005.
Also see: Differences Between Marketing And Advertising
9. Chipper Jones ($110 Million): Chipper Jones is an American baseball player who was born on April 24, 1972. His net worth is believed to be $110 million. In the 1990s, he was the first overall choice of the Atlanta Braves. Jones has been an All-Star eight times and won the National League Most Valuable Player Award in 1999.
He won the World Series in 2008 and was inducted into the team’s Hall of Fame in 2013. Chipper Jones’ net worth is predicted to be at $110 million as of 2022, ranking him ninth among the world’s top 20 richest baseball players.
10. Joey Votto ($110 Million): Joey Votto is among the top wealthiest baseball players in the world. He has a net worth of $110 million On September 10th, 1983, he was born. He is a Canadian baseball first baseman who plays for the MBL’s Cincinnati Red. In 2007, he made his first appearance.
Votto has won the Tip O’Neill Award seven times, the Lou Marsh Trophy twice, and has been a six-time MLB All-Star. From 2010 to 2013, he was named to the All-Star team four times in a row and was named the National League On-Base Percentage leader. He also won the NL Hank Aaron Award and was voted National League MVP in 2010.
Also see: 10 Important Habits of Successful Students
11. Manny Ramirez ($100 Million): Manny Ramirez was born on May 30, 1972, and has a net worth of $110 million, making him one of the world’s top 20 richest baseball players. He is a veteran Dominican-American baseball outfielder who invested parts of 19 seasons in the Minor League Baseball.
Ramirez has played with the Boston Red Sox, Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox, and Tampa Bay Rays, among others. He was a nine-time Silver Slugger and one of just 25 players in baseball history to smash 500 home runs. He has over 21 grand slams, which is the second most in baseball history, and 28 post-season home runs, which is the most in baseball history.
12. Joe Mauer ($100 Million): Joe Mauer is a first baseman for the Minnesota Twins of Major League Baseball. He was born in the United States of America on April 19, 1983. Mauer is the first catcher in baseball history to win three batting titles and the only catcher in the American League to ever win a batting title.
Since then, he has received several honors, including Gold Glove Awards and the Most Valuable Player Award. On April 5, 2004, the tremendously skilled player made his Major League Baseball debut for the Minnesota Twins. Joe Mauer has a net worth of $100 million as of 2022, making him the 12th wealthiest baseball player.
Recommended: Cheapest Universities in the United States of America for International Students
Baseball is America’s favorite pastime game, and it’s been around for a long time, retaining its originality and appeal. Baseball is among the most popular games for people to think of when they want to relax while the sun is shining brightly, eating a hotdog, and sipping an ice-cold beer. Bud Selig, with a net worth of $400 million dollars, is unquestionably the richest baseball player in the world.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.