Richest Musicians In Kenya: Kenyan music has grown in popularity over the years, and many of the country’s well-known performers have become well-known across Africa, particularly among music aficionadosn By doing what they do best, Kenya’s richest artists have acquired a substantial fortune. They’ve all had great careers as a result of their talent, hard work, devotion, and consistency.
Each of the musicians on this list has encountered criticism at some point in their careers, but they have always triumphed with exciting performances that capture fans and audiences. The top ten wealthiest artists in Kenya are listed below.
Recommended: Countries with the Most Handsome Men in Africa
Top 10 Richest and Wealthiest Music Artist in Kenya 2022
1. Sauti Sol (Net Worth: $20 million): Sauti Sol, an afro-pop band, is perhaps Kenya’s richest musician and most well-known music brand today. This music group is regarded as among Kenya’s most renowned characters in the music industry, with many of their compositions attracting the attention of the continent and the rest of the globe via mind-blowing performances both at home and abroad.
The band has performed and toured throughout Africa and Europe, and has received rave reviews. This resulted in enormous success for theircamp, as well as worldwide notoriety.
Most of their concerts are aired live on the internet by their followers and admirers all around the world. Their influence in the business is undeniable, as they continue to enchant us with their lovely vocals. They have a combined wealth of $20 million as a couple.
2. Bahati (Net Worth: $15 million): Born on December 22, 1992, Bahati is Kenya’s most well-known gospel musician. In Kenya’s music industry, he has received numerous top accolades. He is the second richest musician in Kenya. “Mom,” “Machozi,” and “Sweetheart” were among the smash songs that brought him to fame and prominence. He founded Emb Records to assist young artists with their musical careers.
Because he has a large number of supporters both locally and internationally, his enormous impact and popularity in Kenya must be acknowledged. His career, like that of many other celebrities, has been marred by controversy, particularly after he collaborated on a song with the boondocks gangs. Nonetheless, his net worth places him among Kenya’s wealthiest artists.
Also see: Oldest Countries in Africa 2022
3. Lady Wanja (Net Worth: $12 million): Queen Jane, also known as Lady Wanja, was born in the Murang’a County town of Kangema. In 1984, she began her musical career as a backup vocalist with the famed Mbiri Young Stars, led by Musaimo (Simon Kihara).
She formed her own band, Queenja Les, and released her debut album, Ndorogonye, in1991, after separating from the band a few years earlier. Although this record was not a commercial success, it did not deter her from continuing to do what she enjoys. After releasing a successful song called Mwendwa KK, her career received the much-needed boost after a year.
Her commitments to the Kenyan music business proved enormous, and her net worth deservedly placed her among Kenya’s wealthiest musicians.
Recommended: How to keep a conversation going with a lady
4. Akothee (Net Worth: $10 million): “Madam Boss” mwenyewe, Akothee, is ranked number four on our list of Kenya’s wealthiest musicians. With an average net worth of $10 million, she is among the country’s wealthiest musicians.
The artist owns a beach resort in Diani, a real estate firm, a Sh80 million property in Rongo, multiple high-end automobiles, and a tour company.
After divorcing her impoverished Kisii spouse fifteen years ago, Akothee has earned a substantial fortune. She’s wedded many times, but her desire for riches hasn’t lessened despite the upheaval in her personal life. She is considered Kenya’s wealthiest Luo musician.
5. Jaguar (Net Worth: $9 million): Starehe MP Charles Kanyi, formerly known as Jaguar when he was a singer, is spending his first term in government. In the 2017 general election, the popular singer gained a seat on the Jubilee Party platform. It is a well-known truth that he was elected to the position of President of Kenya due to his popularity among Kenyans for his musical skills.
Jaguar, who is known for his showy and giving lifestyle, began his career as a singer with a few of successful tracks that helped him gain fame.
Because of his contributions to the progress and expansion of the Kenyan music business, he is among East Africa’s top and most praised musicians.
Recommended: Best Rappers in Africa and their pictures
6. Willy Paul (Net Worth: $8.5 million): Willy Paul is the CEO of Saldido International Entertainment and an award-winning singer and lyricist. Willy Paul rose to prominence after releasing his debut single, Sitolia, in 2010.
The song, which he co-wrote with Gloria Muliro, was a reflection of his life narrative, depicting the difficulties he had faced in everyday life while thanking God for transforming his life for the better. And his life was completely revolutionized after releasing that song, as it catapulted him to popularity and widespread recognition among fans and the broader public.
With the following release of successful songs, his revenues skyrocketed. This established his status among Kenya’s top ten wealthiest musicians.
7. Nonini (Net Worth: $8 million): Nonini is a co-founder of Genge, or Africanized Hip Hop. He serves as a breakfast host for One FM. He’s known as The Godfather of Genge, and he manages three studios that get a lot of local airtime, earning him the title of MCSK’s highest-paid artist in 2012. Nonini established the Colour kwa Face Foundation to advocate for the rights of persons with albinism.
In Kenya, his successful record in 2002 brought him a slew of sponsorships from major corporations. He hasn’t looked back since, releasing hit single after hit single.
8. Size 8 (Net Worth: $1 million): Clement Rapudo Of Calif Records – recognized the now gospel artist’s talent 10 years ago. She was eventually signed to the record company, which launched her musical career. With songs like ‘vindonge,’ she quickly rose to prominence as a secular musician before proclaiming that she had embraced Christ as her Savior and been renewed.
This tale became viral on the internet, garnering both positive and negative feedback from viewers and supporters. Regardless, she’d changed for the better and began composing Christian songs after that. In the R&B afro-pop contemporary Christian music genre, Size 8 plays R&B afro-pop contemporary Christian music. Her music has made her a millionaire, making her one of Kenya’s richest musicians.
9. Wyre (Net Worth: $1 million): Kevin Waire is a well-known and well-liked Kenyan musician who goes by the stage name Wyre. He rose to prominence due to this distinct R&B and Reggae musical style. Despite beginning his career as a member of the prominent music groups Necessary Noize and East African Bashment Crew, he went on to carve out a successful solo career, which garnered him considerably greater personal success.
During his illustrious career, he has released two solo albums that have swept the Kenyan music scene. His career might be described as extensive and fruitful, since he performed in a variety of African countries.
10. Nameless (Net Worth: $800,000): Nameless is a Kenyan superstar musician who rose to notoriety after winning the then-Kenyan Urban Music radio station’s star hunt contest in 1999. Nameless presented an outstanding performance for the judges of the show, just like he does for his fans now, and his musical skills were quickly recognized.
With his music, he traveled throughout Eastern Africa, America, and eventually the United Kingdom, which was deemed intriguing by enthusiasts. Following the release of his debut album, “On Fire,” in2004, he became a household celebrity and garnered excellent reviews from critics. Following a successful career, he was named and is among the 100 most influential Kenyans by the Standard Newspaper.
Recommended: Most Capitalist Countries In The World
The net worth of many of the musicians on this list indicates how successful their careers have been and how extraordinary they may become in the near future. Kenya’s music business has often demonstrated that it possesses all of the necessary abilities to be among the most influential in the world.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.