How to join the Nigerian Army: Have you ever wished to serve in the Nigerian military? Do you think you have what it takes to be a cop? Then you’ve come to the right place because this article will guide you to your desired outcome. Most likely, you have a list of questions you’d like answered before enlisting in the Nigerian army. Answers to the bulk of your questions, as well as those of many others, can be found here. So, after reading this article, you’ll have all the information you need to decide whether or not to pursue your dream.
Before we go any further, it’s only necessary that you have a rudimentary understanding of the Nigerian Army’s background and history. The Nigerian army was founded in 1960 with approximately 18,000 soldiers. The Nigerian Army, which has over 100,000 men and is headquartered in Abuja, is the largest division of the Nigerian Armed Forces. The Chief of Army Staff is in charge of the Nigerian Army. Let’s get started.
In this essay, I’ll go over the prerequisites for entering the Nigerian Army as well as how to apply.
Recommended: Salary of the Nigerian Army by Ranks
How to join the Nigerian Army in 2023
Please be aware that the Nigerian Army provides a variety of recruitment options and methods for enlisting qualified people. But don’t worry, we’ll go through everything in detail and show you how to join through each one. The Nigerian Army divided its recruitment process into two sections: one for graduates and another for SSCE holders.
Let’s start with how to become a graduate of the Nigerian Army.
Once it comes to entering the Nigerian Army as a graduate, it’s the same as enlisting via DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission) / SSC (Short Service Combatant Commission). It’s a six-month undertaking or training created by the Nigerian Army to bring in some competent people who have graduated from University as well as Polytechnic. A BSC or HND is recommended also. Before you may join the Army as a graduate, you must meet certain standards.
The prerequisites for joining the Nigerian Army as a graduate are listed below. Become a Nigerian army.
Recommended: Nigerian Celebrities that Owns a Private Get
1. You must be a Nigerian as defined by Nigeria’s constitution.
2. You must be 22 to 28 years old.
3. Maintain a healthy bodily and mental state.
4. Measuring 1.68m (Male), and 1.65m (Female).
5. You must have never been convicted in a court of law.
6. Holds a first or second-class lower division from a recognized university or an HND from a recognized polytechnic with at least lower credit.
7. Applicants who are not already serving in the military must have completed their NYSC scheme or present a letter of exemption.
8. Has a valid birth certificate that has been certified by a hospital court or the National Population Commission.
9. Has a State of Origin certificate.
10. You must have at least two credible referees who can vouch for the applicant’s reputation and integrity. Visit www.recruitment.army.mil.ng to apply for a Nigerian Disc. Then select DSSC or SSC from the drop-down menu.
Recommended: Most Dangerous Snakes In The World
Now let’s discuss SSCE and joining the Nigerian Army.
To enter the Nigerian Army with an SSCE, there are two options, which I will go through in detail now. You can either enlist in the Nigerian Army or enroll in the Nigerian Defence Academy. Recruiting for the Nigerian Army. The Nigerian Army Recruits is for those who want to join the Nigerian Army as non-commissioned officers. Their training lasts six months until they graduate and join the Nigerian Army as soldiers. There are various prerequisites you must meet before joining the Nigerian Army Recruit.
1. You must be a naturalized Nigerian. This means you must be a Nigerian citizen born to Nigerian parents. You cannot join the Nigerian Army if you are a citizen of another country or a Nigerian by naturalization (not by birth).
2. When you apply, you must be between the ages of 18 and 22. If you are under the age of 18, you will have to wait a little longer. You are no longer eligible to join the Nigerian Army if you are over the age of 22.
3. You must be in good physical, mental, and medical shape. To put it another way, you must be clear of any long-term health issues or chronic conditions like asthma. You must also be physically and mentally unrestricted.
4. You must be at least 1.65 meters tall for men and 1.56 meters tall for women ( women). Yes, your height alone may put an end to your ambitions to join the Nigerian army. So, have a look at your height right now. If you are shorter than the specified parameters, your fantasy will come to an end here.
5. You must not have any criminal convictions on your record. That is, you must not have ever been convicted of a crime of any kind, major or little. You cannot join the Nigerian Arm if you have ever been charged with a crime.
6. You must participate in zonal screening exercises at the state’s authorized zonal center. It’s important to keep in mind that the zonal screening center might not be in your state, but rather in one of the neighboring states. For applicants from all states within a designated zone, only one zonal screening center will be accessible. So, if the screening center isn’t in your state, be prepared to travel.
7. You must correctly complete all forms and submit them to the screening examination location on the scheduled screening examination date.
What are the documents you need?
That isn’t all if you meet all of the previous standards. During the hiring process, you will require the following documents:
a. Affidavit of age declaration or photocopies of your birth certificate
b. Photocopies of your academic and professional certificates (SSCE/NECO/GCE, for example)
c. In “Section F” of the completed form, a letter of identification was signed by the identifying officer (printed from the Nigerian Army’s online application portal).
P.S. Please keep in mind that you will be asked to produce all original documents and credentials, as well as any scratch cards you have purchased, throughout the screening process.
Also see: Biggest Markets In Nigeria 2023
How can you join the Nigerian Army and apply for a position? It’s worth noting that this is an online application. Here’s how to get started:
1. Get a scratch card from your local Unity Bank or Union Bank location.
2. Verify the serial number and PIN on your scratch card.
3. Go to the Nigerian Army’s website to apply for a job (www.narecruitment.org portal)
4. Create an account by selecting a username and creating a password.
5. Enter your username and password to access the portal.
6. Complete all relevant fields and submit your application.
Don’t forget to print a copy of the confirmation page for your application.
Recommended: Things To Consider Before Buying A New/Used Car
Finally, there is the option of joining the Nigerian Army via the Nigerian Defence Academy. Those who enlist in the Nigerian Army through the Nigerian Defence Academy spend five years in the academy receiving both academic and military training. Those who joined through the Nigerian Army Recruit and the Nigerian Army DSSC or SSC are superior to those who joined through the Nigerian Defence Academy. If you want to join the Nigerian Defence Academy, you must first ensure that you match their standards.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka, ACMC, is a lawyer and a certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in various programming languages. Samuel is determined to leverage his skills in technology, SEO, and legal practice to revolutionize the legal profession worldwide by creating web and mobile applications that simplify legal research. Sam is also passionate about educating and providing valuable information to people.