How To Maintain Good Hygiene As A Man: When grooming oneself, personal hygiene should come first. If you want to take care of yourself, it’s important to practice certain healthy practices. As a result, it’s crucial to incorporate a few organized techniques into your everyday routine. Many men are unaware of the necessity of hygiene, and others prefer to disregard it, which can result in an unhealthy way of life. Men and women approach cleanliness in various ways. However, it is well acknowledged that males are seen to practice poorer personal cleanliness and grooming than women.
There are various personal hygiene practices that should be embraced by everyone, from preventing body odor to poor breath. Additionally, every guy should recognize the value of personal hygiene, and the following are some guidelines to follow in this regard.
Recommended: Oldest Board Games in the World
How To Maintain Good Hygiene As A Man: 15 Tips
1. Daily, take a shower: Once you reach puberty-beginning age, taking a regular shower is crucial for maintaining excellent cleanliness. When taking a shower, use soap and hot water, paying particular attention to your face, hands, feet, arm pits, penis, and bottom.
When you’ve perspired a lot, such as after exercising or playing sports, you should take a shower.
2. Wash your hair often: Washing your hair every day might dry out coarse, dry, or highly curly hair. To avoid oils from accumulating, you should do this every day if your hair is particularly greasy, oily, or fine.
Try it out and notice how frequently you need to wash your hair before it begins to appear or feel greasy. Dry hair is moisturized with conditioner, which also maintains the hair smelling fresh.
Also see: Differences Between High And Low Level Language
3. You should always floss and brush your teeth: To maintain healthy gums and teeth, brush your teeth two to three times a day. Take your time when brushing your teeth and make sure you are getting all of them. Make sure to floss at least once every day as well. This ought to maintain your lips fresh-smelling and clean.
Each time you clean your teeth, give it two minutes. Every two to three months, your toothbrush should be changed.
4. Shorten your nails: Whenever your nails start to grow out too long, trim them using a clipper or manicure scissors. When you wash your hands, you should also wash them to maintain them clean. You may maintain proper nail hygiene by cutting your nails short.
Also see: Best Online Universities in the World
5. Every day, change your clothing: The accumulation of germs and microbes on your body can be brought on by wearing unclean clothes. The closest-fitting clothing, such as undershirts or underwear, should be changed first. You’ll stay clean and your clothing won’t smell nasty if you do this every day.
Keep at least three pairs of pants and five quality shirts that you could wear to school each day of the school week. After you have perspired heavily, you should also change your clothing.
6. Remove nose hairs: You have a problem when you can’t distinguish between upper-lip stubble and nose hair. Even when their nose hair resembles an overgrown shrub in a bat cave, few guys ever handle it, yet everyone but you believes it has to be removed.
Invest in a body hair trimmer with an adapter for the nose and use it once a week.
Recommended: Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria
7. Use deodorant underarms: If you sweat a lot, an underarm deodorant will stop you from perspiring. Ask your parents to pick up some deodorant for you at the supermarket if you still reside with them. Every morning when you wake up, apply deodorant to keep your underarms smelling good all day.
Deodorant for the underarms is not a substitute for bathing.
8. Maintain good foot hygiene: Your feet may smell terrible if you are wearing unclean socks or none at all. Concentrate on washing your feet when you shower or take a bath, and switch up the shoes you wear during the week if you are wearing clean socks but still have unpleasant foot odor.
Before putting on socks and shoes, make sure your feet are fully dry. After a shower, applying talcum powder on your feet may help them smell nicer.
Recommended: Advantages And Disadvantages Of being a man
9. Avoid Dandruff: We are more prone to dandruff in guys since our scalp barrier is much less than that of women. On other males, I frequently notice those flaky patches of skin that resemble a little blizzard. These patches are especially noticeable while wearing dark blue or black suits.
But dandruff is fairly simple to treat. You can get well quickly with just a basic shampoo containing nizoral.
10. Bann “BACNE”: Many males get “bacne,” or acne on the back. Typically, it affects the shoulders and upper back, but some males also experience it on their bottom, giving rise to the new word “butt-ne.”
Our backs may also become greasy like our faces do, therefore they require the same care that our faces do with a daily cleanser. For any places where you are prone to acne, use the same wash or scrub you use on your face.
11. Observe good sexual hygiene: Male and female sexual hygiene are equally sensitive and significant. Make careful to include sexual hygiene advice into your regular activities.
First and foremost, every guy needs to properly treat, clean, and cut his pubic hair. You could feel uncomfortable if you have long hair down there. Additionally, long hair can lead to harmful and contagious sweating. Without using too many chemicals, continue cleaning the area.
Also see: Advantages and Disadvantages of a savings account
12. Apply fragrant oils or colognes: Try using a fragrance or oil to mask the scent if you’re still having trouble with it. Spray some of the cologne on your neck and wrists. Applying cologne, body spray, or oil should be done sparingly to avoid having an overpowering aroma.
13. Follow your regular hygiene routine: Making excellent hygiene a daily habit is the greatest approach to keep it that way over time. Change your plans so that you have time to take care of your hygiene.
Simple morning rituals include getting up at seven in the morning, brushing your teeth, washing your face, and applying deodorant before leaving for school. You may take a shower when you get home at six o’clock and then clean and floss your teeth just before going to bed.
Also see: Countries with the Most handsome men in the world
14. Keep an eye on your skin and how much you perspire: As you go through puberty, your body changes, which implies that several things are occurring to you. Most people’s skin might get more oily and they tend to perspire more as they go through puberty.
Apply underarm antiperspirant to lessen perspiration if you find that you’re perspiring more. Wash your face more frequently using a facial soap designed for oily skin if you feel that it is becoming greasy.
15. Frequent hand washing: Make it a practice to wash your hands after using the restroom, being outside, or handling anything that might contain bacteria. Make sure to wash your hands both before and after eating in order to avoid getting sick or contaminating your meal.
Think about bringing some hand sanitizer with you. Remember that this is not a substitute for appropriate hand cleaning.
Recommended: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In The United States
Given all said above, you should avoid mindlessly adhering to any hygiene recommendations. Each person has a unique physique. Some people perspire more than others, while others have oilier hair, sensitive skin, deep belly buttons, or hairy armpits. Some of the suggestions in this article might need to be modified to fit how your body functions.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.