If you have been asking the question; “What are the requirements for admission into FUTO?”, you are in the right place. Today, i will show you the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO).
First, i must let you know that these admission requirements are like the yardsticks used by the school management for deciding who should, and who should not be admitted into the university.
Thus, candidates that do not meet up with the requirements for admission into FUTO, may not be offered admission into the university this year.
Basically, the reason why I am sharing this information is the educate aspirants of FUTO, so that they won’t make mistakes that might jeopardise their chances of gaining admission.
Conversely, if you know any aspirant of the institution, please endeavor to share this content because you might save someone from making mistakes too.
Now, before going to the crux of this work, i would like to share with you some information about FUTO admission.
Table of Content
About the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) is one of the best universities of Technology in Nigeria. It is in fact, on of the foremost universities that was solely established to increase the level of technology in Nigeria.
FUTO was established in 1980 by the federal government of Nigeria as one of the 6 universities that will ensure technological advancement in Nigeria.
According to my research, FUTO began with just 225 students and 60 staff (28 academic and 32 non-academic). However, the university is probably one of the most populated universities in Nigeria currently.
Due to how prestigious this university is, gaining admission is very difficult. Also, FUTO is one of the universities with strict admission requirements.
In other words, they don’t usually offer admission to candidates that do not meet all the requirements for admission in the school. This is exactly why you should not joke with the admission requirements contained in this page.
FUTO Admission Requirements for UTME candidates
Below are the requirements for UTME admission into the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO):
- UTME candidates must possess at least, an O’level credit pass in; English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and either Economics, Agric. Science or Biology from any of the approved public examinations bodies.
- Candidates are must make the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) their first choice of institution.
- Candidates are required to choose the correct subject combination for all their courses. Check below to see the subject combination for the courses in FUTO.
- Candidates must score at least, 180 in JAMB UTME examination to be offered admission.
- Candidates must participate in FUTO post UTME examination and pass excellently well in the examination.
FUTO admission requirements for Direct Entry candidates
Below are the requirements for direct entry admission into the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO):
- Direct entry candidates must have at least, an O’level credit pass in; English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and either Economics, Agric. Science or Biology from any of the approved public examinations bodies
- Candidates are required to possess HSC/GCE ‘A’ level passes in any three of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. Credit passes must be in line with the basic minimum requirements at the ordinary level.
- Alternatively, candidates can be First-degree holders in other relevant disciplines.
- OND holders with preferably Upper Credit in relevant areas are eligible for admission into year two in addition to fulfilling the O/L requirements as stated above.
- HND holders with preferably Upper Credit in the relevant area are eligible for admission into year three in addition to fulfilling the O/L requirements as stated above.
Note: FUTO accepts two sittings results for direct entry candidates as well. Thus, you can decide to use more than one O’level result for admission.
- Best commercial courses to study in the university
- How to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission in FUTO
- 5 effective ways to gain admission WITHOUT JAMB
- FUTA admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry admission
- Examination malpractice in Nigeria: Causes, Effects and Solutions
Yeah! This is where I am going to drop my pen on the requirements for gaining admission into FUTO. Clearly, I have shared with you the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO). I strongly believe that after reading this work, nobody will still ask the question; “What are the requirements for admission in FUTO?“.
Nevertheless, if you still have any question that you wish to ask me, don’t hesitate to send it to me using the comment section below. I will be glad to help you out.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ChMC, is a Law Student and a Certified Mediator/Conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a Developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is bent on changing the legal profession by building Web and Mobile Apps that will make legal research a lot easier.