OAU Departmental Cutoff Marks for 2020/2021: This is to announce to the general public that the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) has release her 2019/2020 departmental cutoff marks to the general public.
This notice was made by the management of OAU via the university’s official website (www.oauiife.edu.ng). In light of this notice, I strongly advise every aspirant who applied for admission in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) to quickly go through the cutoff marks below.
If you are one of those who do not know that OAU cutoff mark is all about; note that it is the score, stipulated by the management of OAU for offering admission into the different departments and faculties in the university.
Thus, if your score is not up to the stipulated cutoff for your desired course, it is most likely that you will not be offered admission into that faculty this year.
Kindly watch the video above for more explanation on what University and JAMB cutoff marks are. You will also see how OAU uses cutoff marks to offer admission to aspirants.
Is OAU cutoff mark for 2020/2021 academic session out?
No. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) has not yet release her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff marks. Nonetheless, the university will definitely release it before the end of August 2020.
Accordingly, if you will like me to officially inform you whenever the cutoff marks are out, kindly subscribe to our newsletter below this post.
Alternatively, you are advised to keep checking this page form time to time to know when the cutoff marks will be out. We promise to publish them here once the university releases it.
JAMB cutoff mark for admission into the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
JAMB cutoff mark for OAU is 180. This means that before anyone will be offered admission through UTME in 2020, he/she must score at least 180 in JAMB examination.
Sometimes, before candidates are allowed to take OAU post UTME screening, they must show that they scored at least 180 in JAMB too.
Meanwhile, it is worthwhile to know that OAU is at the discretion to increase or decrease the cutoff mark given to it by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- How many admission list does OAU releases every year? See answer here
- OAU School fees for this session is out! Check out HERE!
- See OAU Departmental Cutoff Marks for 2020/2021 Academic session
- Does OAU accept second choice candidates for admission? See answer
OAU Departmental Cutoff Mark for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Architecture – 229
- Building – 214
- Computational mathematics – 250
- Computer Economics – 217
- Computer Engineering – 250
- Chemical Engineering – 250
- Urban and Regional Planning – 208.5
- Quantity Surveying – 215.5
- Fine Arts – 200
- Estate Management – 218.5
- Sociology and Anthropology – 242.5
- Psychology – 244
- Political Science – 268
- Geography – 216
- Economics – 271.5
- Demography and Social Statistics – 209
- Physic – 200
- Microbiology – 234
- Statistics – 200
- Mathematics – 200
- Industrial chemistry – 200
- Geology – 236
- Engineering Physics – 200
- Chemistry – 200
- Botany – 200
- Biochemistry – 200
- Applied Geophysics – 200
- Agricultural Economics – 200
- Animal Science – 200
- Agricultural extension and Rural Sociology – 200
- Family Health and Nutrition – 200
- Crop Production and protection – 200
- Education, Maths and Integrated Science – 200
- Education and Physics – 215
- Education/Chemistry – 212
- Education and Biology – 211
- Physical and health Education – 200
- Education and Guidance and Counselling – 212
- Education and Language Arts – 210
- Education and Social Studies – 208
- Education and Political Science – 243
- Education and geography – 200
- Education and Economics – 240
- Education and History – 200
- Education and French – 220
- Education and CRS – 200
- Education and Music – 200
- Education and Fine Arts – 200
- Education and Yoruba – 200
- Education and English – 275
- Drama – 269.5
- English – 270.5
- Literature In English – 253
- French – 259
- German – 249.5
- Portuguese – 226
- History and International Relations – 252
- Linguistics – 258.5
- Yoruba – 200
- Music – 236
- Philosophy – 260
- Religious Studies – 239
- Pharmacy – 252
- Civil Engineering – 250
- Mechanical Engineering – 248
- Material Science and Engineering – 200
- Food Science and Technology – 200
- Food Engineering – 200
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering – 252
- Agricultural Engineering – 200
- Medicine – 275
- Dentistry – 260
- Medical Rehabilitation – 248
- Nursing – 249.5
- Management and Accounting – 253
- International Relations – 233
- Law – 291.5
- Local Government Studies – 210
- Fine Arts – 200
- Estate Management – 218.5
- Zoology – 200
- Sociology and Anthropology – 243
How to calculate OAU aggregate score
In calculating your OAU aggregate, it is important to note that both JAMB UTME, OAU post UTME and O’level result must be considered together. O’level take just 10%, JAMB UTME takes 50% and Post UTME takes 40%. In total, everything is 100%. Now lets see how you can calculate your aggregate.
Step 1: Simply divide your Jamb score by 8
Step 2: Next, add it to your post UTME score.
Step 3: Now calculate your O’level result using the grading system below:
- A1 – 2.0 points
- B2 – 1.8 points
- B3 – 1.6 points
- C4 – 1.4 points
- C5 – 1.2 points
- C6 – 1.0 points
Note: This should be used to calculate the 5 subjects that are related to your desired course of study.
Step 4: Add the results in step 1, 2 and 3 above and that is your aggregate score.
Example: below is the calculation for a student who scored 280 in JAMB, 26 in OAU post UTME and had A, B2, B2, B3 and B3 in his O’level result.
Jamb score 280/8 = 35
Post UTME = 26
O’level = 2+1.8+1.8+1.6+1.6 = 8.8
His aggregate score is = 35+26+8.8 = 69.8
OAU admission requirements 2020
While you are checking the departmental cutoff mark for your course, it is important to know that OAU has other requirements that must be met before they will offer admission to any aspirant. Below are the UTME requirements for admission in OAU:
- Candidates must score at least 5 credits (Including English language and mathematics) before they will be offered admission.
- If Post UTME examination is to hold, candidates must take part and must do very well in the examination.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into any faculty in OAU.
- Candidates cannot use results of more than two sittings to apply for admission.
This is all I can say on OAU departmental cutoff marks for now. More details will be published here when the university says anything about her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff marks.
Well in my own opinion, if your cutoff mark is far from the one stipulated by the university, then quickly apply for a change of course/institution form immediately. On other hand, if your cutoff mark is above the cutoff mark or slightly below it, then just keep calm and pray. Any more questions on this topic should be directed to me via the comment session.