UI Admission Requirements 2020/2021: After checking my email inbox last week, I found out that students have flooded it with so many questions concerning the admission process of the University of Ibadan (UI). One of the most asked question amongst aspirants of the university is; “What are the requirements for gaining admission into UI?“. This question was actually too much for me to reply, so I thought it wise to publicly give an answer here.
Hopefully, every aspirant of the prestigious University of Ibadan will be able read this content and know all the requirements for admission into UI.
More so, i must warn you to take every information contained in this page very seriously because, UI will never offer admission to candidates that do not meet all the requirements for admission into the school.
But before I will move into the crux of this topic, I would like to share with you some of the things you need to know about UI.
About the University of Ibadan (UI)
The University of Ibadan (UI) is apparently the best university in Nigeria currently. It is the first and most popular university in Nigeria too. As a way of fighting colonialism in Nigeria, UI was established in 1946 to educate and enlighten Nigerians on the evils associated with colonialism.
UI has produced thousands of great personalities. Take for instance, persons like; Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinkan etc, actually studied in this university. This should explain to you why the school is respected and very competitive in Nigeria.
Due to the competitive nature of UI, it is not very easy to meet the UTME or Direct Entry admission requirements of the university.
Suffice to say that UI has the strictest requirements for admission in Nigeria. In other words, any aspirant that do not meet up with the admission requirements will definitely not be offered admission into the school.
Note that UI does not accept second choice candidates for admission. To gain admission into UI, you must make the university your first choice of institution.
Now that you know a brief information about UI admission, i will share with you the requirements for both UTME and Direct Entry admission in the University.
UI Admission Requirements For UTME candidates
Below are the general admission requirements for UTME candidates:
- Candidates must possess at least, five (5) Credit grade in five subjects (English and mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result (s). This could be WAEC/NECO/GEC or any equivalent result.
- Candidates must make the University of Ibadan their first choice of institution during JAMB registration. UI does not consider second choice candidates when offering admission.
- Candidates must choose the recommended subject combination by the University of Ibadan for their courses in both JAMB UTME and post UTME examination of the university.
- Candidates are expected to score nothing less than 200 in JAMB UTME examination to be eligible for UI post UTME examination.
- Candidates must purchase the university’s post UTME form, participate in the examination and also perform very well in order to gain admission.
Note: UI accepts two sittings results for some courses in the university. Kindly check here to see how you can combine WAEC and NECO results for admission.
Other Important requirements for Admission into the University of Ibadan (UI)
UI does not accept two sittings result for the following faculties;
- College of Medicine
Basic Medical Sciences;
Conversely, for the courses above, candidates must have at least, 5 (five) credits in their O’level result at not more than one sitting.
Accordingly, candidates aspiring to study; Agriculture and Forestry, Arts, Education courses, Law, Science, Technology, Social Sciences or Veterinary Medicine in UI, must possess five credits at one sitting or six credits at two sittings to be offered admission.
Now that you know the UTME requirements for admission into the University of Ibadan, below are the direct entry admission requirements for 2020/2021 academic session.
UI Direct Entry Requirements for admission
Below are the requirements for direct entry admission into the University of Ibadan (UI):
- Direct entry candidates must possess at least, five (5) Credit grades in five subjects (English and mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result(s). This could be WAEC/NECO/GEC or any equivalent result.
- HND Holders must have a minimum of Upper credit in a relevant Discipline
- OND Holders are expected to have a minimum of Upper Credit in a relevant Discipline
- A Level Candidates must hold A Level Passes.
- NCE candidates must have a minimum of two passes in a relevant discipline.
Now you have every single thing you need to know about UI admission requirements for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates. This is very important for everyone that really wants to gain admission into UI this year, so make sure you share this post to as many UI aspirant as you can.
You might save a student from making a very big mistake by doing that.
Meanwhile, if you have any question or contribution concerning UI admission requirements, do not hesitate to let me know using the comment section below this post.